magic kinhdom at phase three again today

Wow, wonder how much good the newly opened areas did? They must of increased capacity in the park at least a little?
Just shows that they need to add more to the MK or they are in essence losing money. That or pull a DCA and spread the love out to the other parks by making them more attractive.

And then you have the people that post that September was crowded lmao. Guess they've never seen this...

...ain't that the truth! :thumbsup2

...although slow days at WDW still aren't empty by any means. I found that out our first stay. However, I'm very grateful for our Sept trips.

Dan

I've done plenty of 9's without too much trouble...But I don't think I've ever gone on a 10 day!
I feel sorry for people who are taking their one and only trip, saved for years and had no idea that you had to do more planning than your typical vacation or that this week would be more than "just a little crowded because it's Easter week"! They are the ones who are going to waltz in at 11:00 and get really upset when they've been standing in line for over an hour and then watch a Disers walk past them with a FP...
Then I feel bad for the Disers they know back at home who are going to have to hear them complain about how awful Disney is!

Or be the person that thinks "it wont be that crowded. Who goes to WDW at Easter (or Christmas)?"

Uh, everyone!! :rotfl2:

This makes me love our summer trips just that much more!! I cannot stand that much of a crowd! My boys were at Harry Potter last Christmas and my youngest got motion sickness for the first time ever just WALKING! There were so many people he could not see past them and the motion! and this is a kid that can ride anything without a problem!pixiedust:

I feel sorry for people who are taking their one and only trip, saved for years and had no idea that you had to do more planning than your typical vacation or that this week would be more than "just a little crowded because it's Easter week"! They are the ones who are going to waltz in at 11:00 and get really upset when they've been standing in line for over an hour and then watch a Disers walk past them with a FP...
Then I feel bad for the Disers they know back at home who are going to have to hear them complain about how awful Disney is!

That's me! A friend of dh is taking his son for the first time next week. He is not a patient type person, so I suspect he will find the trip miserable. They have done no homework and are "winging it." :rolleyes2 At least they are staying at S&D and not falling for the "2 miles to Disney" off site ads. They are going to come back with such a bad Disney taste in their mouths. :(

Just curious, and I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but does anyone know what the maximum capacity is for the Magic Kingdom?

Just signed into the MDE app to see how bad it really is...

at 1pm
BTMRR- 85min
Buzz- 65min
HM- 60min
Peter Pan- 105min
SpaceM- 125min
Jungle Cruise- 105min

Soarin'- 155min
TT- 150min
MS- 105min

RnR- 90min
ToT- 90min
TSMM: 165min
Star Tours: 60min

Dinosaur- 70min
EE- 85min
Safari- 110min
Kali- 5min (must be too cold??)

Just curious, and I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but does anyone know what the maximum capacity is for the Magic Kingdom?

Touring Plans says it "can allegedly hold more than 100,000 guests" If you go to the touring plan site it gives a breakdown of what they believe the guidelines are for each phase.

I don't think Disney officially releases the numbers, but it has been speculated the capacity of MK is 100,000.

Max capacity is 100,000 (I looked it up yesterday). Would never spend that kinda money for that experience. Plus you pay extra for the rooms too (high season). We pull the kids out of school and go late april.

its tough for first timers I'm sure. I was nervous this year when we took an impromptu trip for new years. It was crowded, but we still think it was one of our better trips. Honestly, we thought crowds at the end of September were awful. We're going again over 4th of July and the only concern I have is heat-not crowds.

check the calendars on the right side here:

If this week is a 10, next week is an 9.

Thanks for the information next week is a 9. I has been quite a few years since we have been there during April Break. Luckly we have no small children with us.

Just signed into the MDE app to see how bad it really is...

at 1pm
BTMRR- 85min
Buzz- 65min
HM- 60min
Peter Pan- 105min
SpaceM- 125min
Jungle Cruise- 105min

Soarin'- 155min
TT- 150min
MS- 105min

RnR- 90min
ToT- 90min
TSMM: 165min
Star Tours: 60min

Dinosaur- 70min
EE- 85min
Safari- 110min
Kali- 5min (must be too cold??)

Holy cow..........70min for Dinosaur! Even in July(2nd week) Dinosaur was at 15min tops :crowded: :crowded: :crowded:

We are on Spring break now. DH and I talked about taking the kids down to Disney this week, so glad we did not go with this week!

Hollywood Studios doesnt look much better

TSM 154 Minutes FP GONE
ToT 100 Minutes FP 720
RR COASTER 90 Min FP 640
Star Tours 60 min FP 225

EPCOT
SPACE Orange 105 min FP 445
Soarin 155min FP GONE
Sum of All Thrills 70 min
Test Track 150 min FP GONE

AK
DINO 70 min
Everest 85 min FP 640
Safari 110 min FP 400
Primevil Whirl 60 min FP205
RIver Rapids 5 min Thats where i would go

MK
Ariel 30 min
astro 60min
barnstormer 90 FP 300
Thunder 85min FP 5
Buzz 65min FP 500
dumbo 50 min FP 330
Haunted 60 min
Small World 75 min
Jungle Cruise 110 min FP315
Ench Tales with Belle 60 min
Peter Pan 105 min FP 755 Never understood this one
Pirates 60 min
Space 130 min FP 855
Splash 35 min FP 210

This is why my kid will come out of school i couldnt deal with all this

Yeah, if my kid didn't struggle academically, I'd take her out in a second! But we usually go Pres week and end of August. Not empty by any means, but totally manageable for an experienced park goer.

Yeah, if my kid didn't struggle academically, I'd take her out in a second! But we usually go Pres week and end of August. Not empty by any means, but totally manageable for an experienced park goer.

If I had to go only during school breaks, it would def. be Pres. week or end of August like you said. Still crowded yes, but NOT like this!

Wow, wonder how much good the newly opened areas did? They must of increased capacity in the park at least a little?
Just shows that they need to add more to the MK or they are in essence losing money. That or pull a DCA and spread the love out to the other parks by making them more attractive.

But they can't build based upon crowd levels for two weeks out of the year.

It would end up costing them more money then they could recover.

I'm so intrigued by the Phase thing.

Can someone explain to me what Phase 1, 2 and 3 are?

Thanks to the DIS I doubt I will ever go during these Phase weeks. Although it's going to get harder to pull the kids out of school once they start going to public school.

I'm so intrigued by the Phase thing.

Can someone explain to me what Phase 1, 2 and 3 are?

Thanks to the DIS I doubt I will ever go during these Phase weeks. Although it's going to get harder to pull the kids out of school once they start going to public school.

Very crowded, extremely crowded, and stupid crowded, respectively.

You didn't ask, but Phase 4 is you-couldn't-pay-me-enough-to-be-there crowded.

They were holding all cars and buses at the parking entry gate. NOBODY was moving through. We got to MK before 8am (staying offsite), DD and I did BTMRR 2x, HM, POTC, PeopleMover 2x, and Buzz. While we were doing BTMRR, DH and DS were doing SM, then they got FP for SM. Then together we did BTMRR one more time, and they did SM 2x with FP. Then we picked up Wizards cards and boogied out of there. It was busy, Tomorrowland was a nightmare to get through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter