Magic Kingdom lines will be worse than ever!

The problem is too that a lot of people hop to MK after they do a few things at DHS or Epcot or DAK. Hopefully Frozen and the new show at DAK will help with that.

That may depend some on whether they open Frozen at rope drop, or if it opens with WS at 11:00. If you can get in line at rope drop, it won't help as much. It would be like hitting Soarin and TT first thing and then heading to MK. If you can't even get in line for Frozen until after 11:00, it will take a lot more time out of your day than if you can get in line at rope drop, especially if the wait times are similar to what the M&G was when it was in Norway. I wouldn't count on DAK drawing too many away either. I would imagine that a few may hop to AK to see the show and end the day, but I think Wishes and MSEP will remain a huge evening draw. I think most people will just do what they normally do and plan an AK day, an Epcot day or two, maybe a day at DHS and then two or more MK days.

I really don't foresee a big impact on MK until the Star Wars section of DHS is done and the Avatar section of AK is finished. I think those two may be a bigger draw from MK than Frozen and ROL.

With all the closures for our last trip we did two full days at MK, one full day at the other parks and our first night we did MK. Armed with three MBs loaded with FPs (9 total per person) we were able to enjoy each MK day. In fact our best day MK was least recommended by Josh and it was a Monday!!

With all the closures for our last trip we did two full days at MK, one full day at the other parks and our first night we did MK. Armed with three MBs loaded with FPs (9 total per person) we were able to enjoy each MK day. In fact our best day MK was least recommended by Josh and it was a Monday!!

You should be very proud of yourself for taking advantage of the system.

How are you able to get 9 per person without buying ticket media x3 for each person?

How are you able to get 9 per person without buying ticket media x3 for each person?

DD and I each had our MBs from our package with 3 FPs we reserved at our 60 day mark. Then on a new MDE account I assigned an old one day ticket to a person and reserved night before FPs. Then I reassigned the ticket to the next person and got them FPs. Using this method I loaded two extra bands for both DD and myself - this gave us each 6 extra FPs. This was a big help at MK and DHS. Not so much at AK and EPCOT.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/maximize-fp-get-a-second-set-see-post-227-before-posting.3245463/

Hmmm :scratchin,I think we will just skip doing our planned non-park/Disney Springs day and do a third day at MK on this trip. We have a 2 year old in tow again so we will most likely be spending a lot more time in FL than we did on our last trip anyway. I see the Dumbo play area and the Casey Jr. splash area being a bit hit with her. I have to figure out how I am going to plan this now since we have a month left before we do our FP+ selections. A third day at MK will make up for the increased MK crowds and allow us to cater to everyone's interests since the age range of our kids are toddler up to teens. We'll probably do Disney Springs in the afternoon/evening of either our Epcot or HS day depending on the FP+ times we get for the stuff we want to do. If Rivers of Light isn't running yet then we'll do Disney Springs in the late afternoon/evening of that day. We were considering skipping AK on this trip but the kids said Everest is a must do ride for them and I think DD2 would love FOTLK and the safari.

We visited MK in late January, on a recommended low crowd (crowd level 3, MK "highly recommended") touring plan day, a Tuesday, and found lines to be much longer than we anticipated most of the day. We were in the front of rope drop, went straight to 7DMT and got right on with no wait. We then went around and rode other Fantasyland rides, but were very surprised that within less than an hour of opening that many lines were already well in excess of 40 minutes.

Last edited:
Using this method I loaded two extra bands for both DD and myself - this gave us each 6 extra FPs. This was a big help at MK and DHS. Not so much at AK and EPCOT.
ytpi8.jpg

Some of the stress on MK will be relieved once frozen opens at Epcot. (mayish) and even more with the new soarin this summer. But you are right it's looking like a tough spring in MK.

I will be curious to see what happens at Epcot then Frozen opens. I'm hoping it opens the same time that the Park opens so crowds don't accumulate in Future World before hand. Might be interesting to see what kind of stampede there is if they do.

DD and I each had our MBs from our package with 3 FPs we reserved at our 60 day mark. Then on a new MDE account I assigned an old one day ticket to a person and reserved night before FPs. Then I reassigned the ticket to the next person and got them FPs. Using this method I loaded two extra bands for both DD and myself - this gave us each 6 extra FPs. This was a big help at MK and DHS. Not so much at AK and EPCOT.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/maximize-fp-get-a-second-set-see-post-227-before-posting.3245463/

Interesting. I'm sure Disney knows this but it's a low priority to shut down. Much like the throw away rooms people booked right after they instituted FP+.

We learned about this method before leaving. We pondered it. In the end, we felt like it was taking from someone else by gaming the system. Maybe its not. But, that's how we felt. So we stuck to the system, and we weren't disappointed.

I too predict a more crowded than usual MK this spring break.

We will be there the week of the 13th of March.

Always do AK as our 1/2 day park the day we leave.

We have 2 and 1/2 days for MK

2 for Epcot

1 for HS

I always feel bad doing 1/2 day at AK. We always have to rush out of there to get back to Pop to catch our Magical Express. Cut it sooo close last year.

Would love to spend more time at AK, but until they stay open later, it is just a waste of time. It closes too early.

We added a 7th day base ticket and will head to MK the afternoon we arrive.

Doing 7 days on purpose because I feel MK will be extra crowded with everything happening or rather not happening yet in the other parks.

Agree with Epcot during Flower and Garden. It is so beautiful. Always such a breath of fresh air after being in a hectic MK during spring break.

I really feel bad for people who are going this year and it might be their one trip of a lifetime of for awhile. We have friends who are going for the first time with young children and really hope that I am wrong with my thoughts on waits getting longer

We will be in the world next week for my eighth trip in 9 years and I don't think I've ever had a trip when someone hasn't said "I feel sorry for someone coming now...". With expectations managed, and the goal to enjoy the small things, I've never yet had a bad trip. Honestly we like seeing the changes from construction walls to finished product; my youngest was impressed to see how 7DMT grew from the hole in the wall she peeked through on one trip to riding it the next :)

I will be curious to see what happens at Epcot then Frozen opens. I'm hoping it opens the same time that the Park opens so crowds don't accumulate in Future World before hand. Might be interesting to see what kind of stampede there is if they do.

They already rope off world showcase at the far side of Norway so that people can freely get to the character breakfast in norway. So fully expect the frozen stuff to open when the park does.

I think it's worth noting that the crowd changes are not noticeable for first timers. They have nothing to compare it to. You can still have a 100% magical trip even with high crowds. Growing up, my parents never pulled us out of school. We were always there during peak times. It was always wonderful. These days, even with no one in school, we sometimes still travel at peak times, sometimes not. Sometimes I even like peak times better - longer park hours!

There are so many factors that can make or break a trip for a potential first timer or once in a lifetimer - one big one being weather. A family friend of ours saved for years and years to go to WDW and it rained for 6 straight days. Total bummer. For us, we've been there a zillion times and rain doesn't rain on our parade. But if it was my one and only trip? It would affect me for sure.

Potential crowds would never stop me from going to a place that is so near and dear to my heart. I would choose a crowd level 10 day at MK any day over being at home or going somewhere else.

Maybe it depends on your crowd tolerance. We've had days at WDW where I absolutely wished I was home or at least wished I could have my money back :) Last Presidents Day week was one of them. I regretted that trip, or at least spending the money on that trip. We ended up leaving the parks early every day because it just wasn't fun.

By the time I add up all of the costs, including airfare, it ends up being pricey and I can't justify spending that kind of money anymore when the crowd levels are a 10+. The fact I can't pull my kids out of school anymore for WDW is a real bummer and leaves us with very few weeks that we can go.

I think if I was within a day's driving distance, I would see that the equation would change for us and I would be more willing to just go with it.

We will be in the world next week for my eighth trip in 9 years and I don't think I've ever had a trip when someone hasn't said "I feel sorry for someone coming now...". With expectations managed, and the goal to enjoy the small things, I've never yet had a bad trip. Honestly we like seeing the changes from construction walls to finished product; my youngest was impressed to see how 7DMT grew from the hole in the wall she peeked through on one trip to riding it the next :)

I agree, as a repeat visitor we know what and when to do things and plan accordingly, and we always enjoy ourselves (7 visits in the past 2 years).

So this method will work as long as you have an extra 1-day ticket, and magic bands from a previous trip, right? If so, most of us on the boards do have previous magicbands already but not an extra 1-day ticket, but one could be bought. Not sure if I am missing something here or not, but if not I would think Disney will eventually close this loophole.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter