Magic Kingdom Extra Magic Hour Evening

ihearttink

Mouseketeer
Can someone explain to me how the magic hour at night works at Disney. I read you have to get a braclet to be allowed back in. My questions are:

1. Do you still have to pay for this?
2. Is it only for resort guests; and
3. Is there a limited number of people allowed to stay for it?

Yes it is only for resort guest. You do have to get a bracelet but no you don't have to pay for it if you are staying in a disney resort. Hope this helps Jill

ihearttink said:
Can someone explain to me how the magic hour at night works at Disney. I read you have to get a braclet to be allowed back in. My questions are:

1. Do you still have to pay for this?
2. Is it only for resort guests; and
3. Is there a limited number of people allowed to stay for it?

1. Not any more. You used to have to when it was an E-Ride night, it's basically the same thing but it's much more well advertised to resort guests and free to resort guests.

2. YES - only for resort guests, no exceptions.

3. I doubt it, there's only a limited number of resort rooms so I imagine if every single resort guest came they could still handle it.

And apparently anyone (resort guests or no) can stay in the park during EMH, however you MUST HAVE A WRISTBAND (and hence be a resort guest) to ride the late attractions (the whole point).

LOL - we were obviously all typing the answers at the same time....

I loved the magic Hours!! We go to stay in the Magic Kingdom until 2am!!!! we rode the rides soo many times it was CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

I have a question about evening EMH also. If you are already in that park before regular closing time, do you have to go to Guest Relations to get your wristband after the park closes? Or can you go to GR when you get to the park and say you'd like a wristband to stay for EMH? The night we plan to go evening EMH at the MK, the regular hours run until midnight. We're going to hop over there after Epcot closes, so I'm sure we'll be there before midnight. It seems like a pain to have to go back to the front of the park at midnight to get the wristband if we are already inside.

SteeleTig said:
I have a question about evening EMH also. If you are already in that park before regular closing time, do you have to go to Guest Relations to get your wristband after the park closes? Or can you go to GR when you get to the park and say you'd like a wristband to stay for EMH? The night we plan to go evening EMH at the MK, the regular hours run until midnight. We're going to hop over there after Epcot closes, so I'm sure we'll be there before midnight. It seems like a pain to have to go back to the front of the park at midnight to get the wristband if we are already inside.

You don't have to get the wrist-band at the front gate (that's just one of the ditribution locations).

There are distribution areas at various locations all around the parks on EMH evenings. You just stop at one (they open up starting at about 2 hours before the "regular" park closing time), everyone in your party shows a valid resort room-key-card, and each of you will get a band put on your wrist right then and there at that location.

(BTW, the distribution points are all listed on the official WDW website.)

If you arrive at or near the time EMH has begun, you CAN get a wrist-band at the front gate, if you'd like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!