magic kingdom at full capacity?

Are you saying that they would be given some sort of one day comp ticket? First time I have never heard of this. :confused3

I don't know the mechanics of it, but I'm pretty sure that if you didn't have a hopper ticket, then left a park with the expectation to return to it but couldn't due to a Phase 4 closure, that Disney allows you to complete your day at another park.

Is there anyway of official way of knowing when you are in the park how close they are to closing or what level?

A certain person to ask or a number to call?

Or if we leave and wanted to see if we could get back in later?

Guest Relations inside the park would be your best bet.

I don't know the mechanics of it, but I'm pretty sure that if you didn't have a hopper ticket, then left a park with the expectation to return to it but couldn't due to a Phase 4 closure, that Disney allows you to complete your day at another park.

One time this was asked and Cheshire Figment posted that they would be directed to a ticket booth to upgrade to a PH. :confused3

One time this was asked and Cheshire Figment posted that they would be directed to a ticket booth to upgrade to a PH. :confused3

Interesting. I don't expect it happens often, but if true that strikes me as "un-Disney".

still find it hard to believe that Disney would allow the parks to reach level 4- knowing that a certain number of folks have ADR's - and that they would be charged as no shows.

The parks have no way of knowing how many people have ADRs. When they reach full capacity for fire codes they have to stop letting people in, and that's that.

The restaurant has no way of knowing why the guests didn't show up - all they know is that they didn't show up.

If anyone misses their reservation because of a stage 4 closure they're probably welcome to call Disney Dining or visit a guest services desk or resort concierge and try to get the charge reversed - I'd guess that they'll probably get it reversed.

The parks have no way of knowing how many people have ADRs. When they reach full capacity for fire codes they have to stop letting people in, and that's that.

The restaurant has no way of knowing why the guests didn't show up - all they know is that they didn't show up.

Huh?

Why would WDW staff know how the capacity of the park but not of each restaurant and how many people have ADR's? I can't imagine restaurant managers are not informed when the park has reached stage 3 or 4 closure.

WDW surely knows what % of guests re-enter the park each day. It's fairly simple to come up with a projected estimate of how many guests with ADR's will be among them.

It seems like the purpose of the new system is to track this information even more closely, at least if you are an onsite guest.

Maybe MK does reach level four. Maybe they will charge guests as no shows under those circumstances. As another poster said, it just sounds very un-Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter