Magic in the Kingdom 2012! BIG 2/16/2014 FINAL UPDATE!

Great trip report, as usual, Janet!

Glad the skies cleared on your last morning at least. It makes such a difference! I was lucky to have the fog clear the last 4 days of my Dec 2013 trip.

And, like you I got a cold, too. I think my head did explode on my flight back to snowy Chicago, though!

Looking forward to Disneyland! I'm going back in July again!

Great trip report, as usual, Janet!

Glad the skies cleared on your last morning at least. It makes such a difference! I was lucky to have the fog clear the last 4 days of my Dec 2013 trip.

And, like you I got a cold, too. I think my head did explode on my flight back to snowy Chicago, though!

Looking forward to Disneyland! I'm going back in July again!

Thanks so much for reading along Karen! :goodvibes I'm glad the skies cleared on your trip as well.

I hope at least you had a direct flight back to Chicago so you didn't have to double up on takeoffs and landings. I've decided I just might as well be sick on the way home from Disney. I'm miserable anyway, so why not go for broke! :lmao:

I'm going to try and at least start the DLR TR by the end of the week. If I play my cards right, I might even get to try my hand at scrapbooking for the first time since last summer. It's been WAY too long. :)

Can't wait to hear how your July trip goes. We've been to DLR in late June/early July before and it's so much more tolerable than WDW in the summer.

Thanks so much for reading along Karen! :goodvibes I'm glad the skies cleared on your trip as well.

I hope at least you had a direct flight back to Chicago so you didn't have to double up on takeoffs and landings. I've decided I just might as well be sick on the way home from Disney. I'm miserable anyway, so why not go for broke! :lmao:

I'm going to try and at least start the DLR TR by the end of the week. If I play my cards right, I might even get to try my hand at scrapbooking for the first time since last summer. It's been WAY too long. :)

Can't wait to hear how your July trip goes. We've been to DLR in late June/early July before and it's so much more tolerable than WDW in the summer.

Yes, I always do non-stop flights. And, recently, they're also the cheapest, though I don't fly Southwest since Midway Airport is too far from where I live, so it doesn't really save me money.

The July trip is another ABD-BSM tour. I wouldn't have chosen to go in the summer normally, but didn't want to do the one that's starting tomorrow or the holiday one, so this was the only one left. Flights are expensive since I have to fly the day after July 4, too. I'm wanting to see DLR when there are no special decorations. It's been years since I've seen it that way.

Hooray for blue skies on your last day! :cool1:

And I am anxiously awaiting your DL trip report as well. :goodvibes

Have you decided if you are going to WDW or back to DLR this year?

wait a minute…. does this mean the TR is over? :sad:

You better start up Disneyland or I might just :badpc:
Just kidding :laughing: I'll just do this instead :happytv:, but I would rather do this :surfweb:, so get on it! So that means now you do this :duck:.

Janet thanks so much for sharing. It is always a pleasure to read your stories and see your pictures. I really can't wait to read all about Disneyland :goodvibes

Such great photos with the Beast!

That fall sounds terrible, not a nice way to start your last day.

Great pics around the resort!

I'm sorry Katie couldn't ride BTMRR one last time but it seems like you guys had a nice farewell to MK!

Wow I am so sorry it took you so long to recover :(

Can't wait to read about DLR next!

Great wrap up to the trip! Love all the BOG photos with the girls in their Belle dresses. Glad they let you get the photos you want. For the prices we pay they should!

Aren't non-stop flights home the best? As much as them happening stinks! I am glad the dog settled down a bit. I must say though, I think I would much rather have a yipping dog, than the 4 year old who sat behind me home from California. He decided kicking my seat the entire 6 hour flight would be the best use of his time. Parents pretended not to speak English when I asked them to have him stop.

Yes, I always do non-stop flights. And, recently, they're also the cheapest, though I don't fly Southwest since Midway Airport is too far from where I live, so it doesn't really save me money.

The July trip is another ABD-BSM tour. I wouldn't have chosen to go in the summer normally, but didn't want to do the one that's starting tomorrow or the holiday one, so this was the only one left. Flights are expensive since I have to fly the day after July 4, too. I'm wanting to see DLR when there are no special decorations. It's been years since I've seen it that way.

December was our first trip to DLR with any sort of decorations up. You will still love it in its undecorated state. Although I do have my fears that when I make it back again to either park in the summer, the castle will seem naked! :)

Do you fly into LAX or SNA when you go? We did SNA last time, but it would sure be nice to get a direct flight, and I didn't have that available to me at SNA. Regardless, I actually liked landing and taking off in Las Vegas. It was fun to see the scenery from the air.

I can't wait to hear about your summer ABD trip. I hope you'll do a write-up again. :)

Hooray for blue skies on your last day! :cool1:

And I am anxiously awaiting your DL trip report as well. :goodvibes

Have you decided if you are going to WDW or back to DLR this year?

It really was a lovely sight from the heavens to have that blue sky that morning.

Our friends opted to stay late Saturday night. Katie and I left and went back the next morning. I feel like we got the far better deal. The park was insanely packed that night before, but Sunday morning....... was just perfect. I do miss doing a park on departure day when we go to DLR. If they would sell me a longer ticket, I would definitely go. I just don't want to waste a day on it.

Katie gives me the stink-eye if I talk about going back to WDW instead of DLR. :lmao: So I think we're going west. I need to see Katie's schedule for the fall before we finalize our plans though. I'm thinking of November as the seasons switch over so we can see the non-Christmas parade. Fingers crossed here that the school play is over by then.

Keep an eye here. I'll post a link when I'm ready to go on the DLR report. I'd like to start soon.

wait a minute…. does this mean the TR is over? :sad:

You better start up Disneyland or I might just :badpc:
Just kidding :laughing: I'll just do this instead :happytv:, but I would rather do this :surfweb:, so get on it! So that means now you do this :duck:.

Janet thanks so much for sharing. It is always a pleasure to read your stories and see your pictures. I really can't wait to read all about Disneyland :goodvibes

Yeah, that's about it. If I can find my notes, I'll do a write-up on some of our trip favorites and such, but that's it. :sad:

I'm so glad you have stuck with me reading along. :surfweb:

Do you have any trips planned?

Such great photos with the Beast!

That fall sounds terrible, not a nice way to start your last day.

Great pics around the resort!

I'm sorry Katie couldn't ride BTMRR one last time but it seems like you guys had a nice farewell to MK!

Wow I am so sorry it took you so long to recover :(

Can't wait to read about DLR next!

Thanks so much! It really was a great farewell to the MK. Our friends have no idea what they were missing. The park was so quiet and empty. It was far better to say goodbye than doing it the night before in that mass of humanity. My friend said it just make her nervous about missing our flight, but that didn't leave until 5:30 or so if I remember properly.

It really was an awesome morning. You know.... as awesome as it can be when you are sick, injured and leaving Disney! :rotfl:

Great wrap up to the trip! Love all the BOG photos with the girls in their Belle dresses. Glad they let you get the photos you want. For the prices we pay they should!

Aren't non-stop flights home the best? As much as them happening stinks! I am glad the dog settled down a bit. I must say though, I think I would much rather have a yipping dog, than the 4 year old who sat behind me home from California. He decided kicking my seat the entire 6 hour flight would be the best use of his time. Parents pretended not to speak English when I asked them to have him stop.

Since I wasn't feeling well, I was even more grateful than ever to have a direct flight home. And that extra seat in our row was a great gift too!

And yes, I'll take the yipping dog (thankfully ours settled down when we took off) over an antsy kid kicking my seat...... any day. I feel for you. If you'll recall though, the year before I had a man sit next to me who spent half the flight home meowing! I'll still take that over the kicking kid though.

Maybe next time, I just need a recording of a yipping dog as everyone boards the plane? ;)

Since I wasn't feeling well, I was even more grateful than ever to have a direct flight home. And that extra seat in our row was a great gift too!

And yes, I'll take the yipping dog (thankfully ours settled down when we took off) over an antsy kid kicking my seat...... any day. I feel for you. If you'll recall though, the year before I had a man sit next to me who spent half the flight home meowing! I'll still take that over the kicking kid though.

Maybe next time, I just need a recording of a yipping dog as everyone boards the plane? ;)

That's a coincidence! When I went to WDW this past December, there was a yipping dog across the aisle from me. Everytime, they tried to put the dog under the sear, it would yip, so they held it except during take-off and landing.

You know what a dog lover I am! Some people around them were really angry. After we landed, I went up to them and gave them some support. I agree I would much rather have a dog around me than a kicking kid!

I know! :rotfl2:

I blame jenseib! :p She started it!

I can't take all the credit. I heard it from someone else first and ever since then I can't look at that picture without seeing a half dressed prince.

I totally forgot you had gotten sick too. I swear when I came home I had that sore throat too and was not myself for a few weeks...plus mixed with the post trip blues.

I also forgot about the fall you had and hitting your camera. I would've freaked too. I had one of those falls in Sept and I had a bloody knee, but all I worried about was how hard my camera had hit the ground.

That's a coincidence! When I went to WDW this past December, there was a yipping dog across the aisle from me. Everytime, they tried to put the dog under the sear, it would yip, so they held it except during take-off and landing.

You know what a dog lover I am! Some people around them were really angry. After we landed, I went up to them and gave them some support. I agree I would much rather have a dog around me than a kicking kid!

More than anything I feel sorry for the pets traveling by air. I know sometimes there's just no way around it. But it has to be so scary for them to be confined in unusual surroundings like that exposed to so many people! I bet that poor dog and its owner were happy to see a happy supportive fellow traveler after the flight!

Katie would have loved to sit by someone with a dog in their lap. I have been lobbied heavily for a dog for some time, but with 4 cats already, there's just no room at this inn.

I can't take all the credit. I heard it from someone else first and ever since then I can't look at that picture without seeing a half dressed prince.

I totally forgot you had gotten sick too. I swear when I came home I had that sore throat too and was not myself for a few weeks...plus mixed with the post trip blues.

I also forgot about the fall you had and hitting your camera. I would've freaked too. I had one of those falls in Sept and I had a bloody knee, but all I worried about was how hard my camera had hit the ground.

I got really sick within a day or two of getting home from our December 2008 Disney trip. I'm sure it's just because we travel at the height of cold and flu season. But sometimes I think it's just that I'm sick at the thought of being home from Disney. :sad:

I was really surprised my camera survived my fall. I was wearing it on a strap but I heard it hit pretty hard. You and I must just have super-human instincts to "save the camera" at all costs!

No need to fear about decorations for Summer at Disneyland! They have all the red, white, and blue bunting out and it looks very festive. Great time of year to go as the park is open very early and very late and all of the entertainment is out in full swing.

No need to fear about decorations for Summer at Disneyland! They have all the red, white, and blue bunting out and it looks very festive. Great time of year to go as the park is open very early and very late and all of the entertainment is out in full swing.

I would love to see DL decked out in bunting! Just not sure I'd want to fight July 4th crowds to see it! I think the latest we were there was the June 25th or 26th one year, but don't recall seeing bunting. That's been some years ago though. I'll have to dig through my photos and see if I have just forgotten about it!

I would love to see DL decked out in bunting! Just not sure I'd want to fight July 4th crowds to see it! I think the latest we were there was the June 25th or 26th one year, but don't recall seeing bunting. That's been some years ago though. I'll have to dig through my photos and see if I have just forgotten about it!

I think they put it out for Memorial Day Weekend and leave it through the end of the July 4th week/weekend.

I think they put it out for Memorial Day Weekend and leave it through the end of the July 4th week/weekend.

Oh, so there will be decorations when I'm there for ABD-BSM, of course maybe they'll take them down by July 8. Kind of wanting to see it without any special decorations since it's been so long since I've seen it that way.:)

I just sat and read your entire trip report tonight; AMAZING! I enjoyed every update and every costume change! Thanks for writing it!

Yeah, that's about it. If I can find my notes, I'll do a write-up on some of our trip favorites and such, but that's it. :sad:

I'm so glad you have stuck with me reading along. :surfweb:

Do you have any trips planned?

No TR, bummer. A highlight reel would be nice though :goodvibes

Trips to Disney? No :sad1:

I will be heading up north to The Canadian Rockies (Banff, Japster, Yoho) for ten days with a good friend for some hiking and hopefully some amazing photograph tho scamming July. Hubby has no vacation time, though I am trying to swing a Thanksgiving Fantasy cruise somehow in 2015. Most likly won't happen but I will do my darndest to make it so :thumbsup2

Oh Janet! I am glad that you didn't seriously injure yourself in that fall, even if you still got hurt! You could have broken the hip rather than just severely bruise it. And the camera, I held my breath while reading that part too! I don't know what I'd do if something happened to my camera! (Well, besides spend a ton of money on a new one, either a 70D or maybe even a 5d...)

Thanks again, for sharing! I love reading your TRs and being there in your pictures!

Katie's dresses a AMAZING!

My nieces are 11 and 10. The dresses Disney sells only go up to size 10. I apologize if you've already answered this a million times...do you make the dresses? If so...you are extremely gifted! If not, I'd love to know where you find them or is your daughter able to wear what Disney sells.

Love your photos as well! Very talented photographer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter