Magic heading back to Miami....

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by amscene, Nov 8, 2013.

1. AMB1

AMB1 Mouseketeer

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disprincess4ever

disprincess4ever DIS Veteran

For some reason I have a hard time believing they went back to Miami for...supplies. :coffee:

4. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

Actually, there is some items that are very important ...the one that comes to mind is coolant gas, like freon for the AC and the refrigeration lockers for food and freezers.

Others as well with workers still onboard it could be any number of other things needed. It is expensive to have a work gang standing by if some important part or item was not delivered to the vessel in port.
    time will tell

AKK

5. Started With a Mouse

Started With a Mouse DIS Veteran

Critical supplies. Yes, they did need to dock. They're not just docking for the fun of it.

6. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Orange cartons reported loaded on

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

7. disprincess4ever

Not what I meant. Obviously certain supplies are necessary. I feel like it might be a mechanical piece picked up or some chemical (something for freezers as posted above). I just meant that Disney is usually good about having what they need on board and only making uncalled stops if there's an emergency. :goodvibes

8. gigi1313

gigi1313 DIS Veteran

...and a puddle! :lmao:

9. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

Hi Silver,

Hmm..........orange cartons could be anything, not likely compressed gas of some type.

Which leads back to something for the work being done, something they needed for the refit or repairing the plumbing maybe! Maybe a chemical to clean out the pipes???........

AKK

10. JoiseyMom

JoiseyMom <font color=orange>Have you had your SPANX today??

Someone on FB (from the Aug cruise I was on) heard that they went back for items to fix the AC. She says the ship, at least forward where she is is very cold now.

11. Mickeyhugger

Mickeyhugger DIS Veteran

My thoughts exactly.

I still love DCL the best, but whenever I set foot on ANY cruise ship, I pray and hope everything will be good.

Bad things happen on all cruise lines, even Disney.;)

12. richardlfd135

richardlfd135 Earning My Ears

They picked up Liquid Draino and plungers.

13. scootch

scootch DIS Veteran

My friend posted this on facebook, they are onboard.

The announcement said we needed "essential spare parts". Mike and I watched from Deck 4 as they brought on carbon dioxide cylinders.

14. FenwickFamily

FenwickFamily Earning My Ears

I know it only took us out of our way for a couple hours, but they had to close the stores, drain the pool and the reason I went with the 5 day cruise was to have the day at sea, we left beautiful sunny skies into cloudy windy rougher seas so the day was lost, we were told by concierge that they needed new refrigerators for the food but that doesn't sound right??? We too on deck eight had plumbing problems no toilets and rented a cabana at castaway cay and the door of fridge was so rusted it fell off so there went our cold drinks!!!!! Ship is beautiful but there are tons of contractors all over, chemical smells in hallway for whatever they are doing...which is all understandable but for the money paid ?????a little disappointing nothing was said or no compensation was given! I love Disney and loved the cruise but to pay the same amount people two months from now will pay and there will be none of these problems, not very Disney like

15. ranidayz

ranidayz DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

so sorry for your troubles. which stateroom on the 8th floor, may i ask?

16. Gatrcruzer

Gatrcruzer Mouseketeer

We are still having potty problems in 2578. Have had to contact guest services 6 times, and our stateroom attendant called two more times on our behalf. They keep temporarily fixing, but we just got back to the room after being in Key West to find another flood. This is our third flood. We have also had multiple bouts of the toilet not flushing, including overnight. Please avoid this cabin for the near future.

17. DumboLover70

DumboLover70 Earning My Ears

That's terrible. I am so sorry you are going through that. Try to have fun anyway. And as far as asking for refunds or discounts, why not? The worst they can say is no and if they say yes it'll be great.

18. disprincess4ever

Is it just me, or was the Magic in better condition before dry dock? :confused3

19. Dug720

Dug720 SQUIRREL!!

I certainly never saw these problems reported to this degree before. Of course, most pre-dry dock posts were gushing about it and how it was the best and Dream-class not so much as well.

20. ocspartan

ocspartan DIS Veteran

It sounds like plumbing issues have been popping up on the magic for the last few years, also some similar reports of flooding or leaks on the wonder. U wonder how much of this is new vs trying to rush the shop back from dry dock. May be more publicity bc more disney regulars tried to be on the first sailings or maybe just increased expectations bc of all the hype on the dry dock. Either way looking forward to my next cruise on the fantasy!

21. Keggy

Keggy <font color=blue>So this is a first for us<br><fon

l

I have pics of what was loaded. Pallets of orange tanks that said coolants.