Magic Goes Texan! Eight Crazy Nights (3/1/2013 Bahamas)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by threewilmingtonwalls, Mar 25, 2012.

1. threewilmingtonwalls

threewilmingtonwalls DIS Veteran

Well...
    I got a call from my travel agent this morning about Kids Sail Free. We had booked a week at WDW to take the place of the cruise I was planning to cancel (but hadn't gotten around to.) So we're BACK - if you'll have us. :-)

Glad to see that traffic on the thread has picked up, and I'm looking forward to chatting and planning with you!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. catislander

catislander Mouseketeer

Welcome back! Who all are y'all traveling with?

4. threewilmingtonwalls

There are three of us this time, just me (Alexis) my hubby (Tim) and our 6 year-old daughter. This will be our third Disney cruise, all on the Magic! We were originally booked to sail with our good friends Lynn (Dizzi) and her hubby, but they cancelled when the itinerary changed. :-( I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will reconsider joining us now that Kids Sail Free!

5. tmrose03

tmrose03 Mouseketeer

Just got back from DW and just saw this cruise. We live just outside of Houston so any cruise leaving Galveston not going to Mexico is a huge plus for us! Going to crunch some numbers and see if we can swing this. It would be myself, DH, and DS (3 yrs old). Wish me luck!

6. ShelleyLynn

ShelleyLynn Mouseketeer

We just booked this cruise! We were supposed to cruise the western on the fantasy but when they announced the kids sail free and you got Castaway Cay and a day in Disney we jumped! We were not that excited about 2 Mexican port days on the western anyway. My family is myself, DH, DD 11 and DD 9. We will be traveling with another family. I am excited and can't wait to find out more about the Magic. We have been on one other cruise, last March on the Dream.

7. discoverydepot

discoverydepot Earning My Ears

We are the other family that Shelleylynn is talking about. We jumped ships yesterday to do this cruise and are very excited. It is myself, DH(42), DD(14).

8. catislander

catislander Mouseketeer

So excited to see so many more cruisers signing up. Anyone interested in organizing a FE?

9. threewilmingtonwalls

Me too!
    We were planning to do the FE, and I am happy to organize it as we get closer. Hopefully we'll get more takers. I know it seems somewhat odd, but my daughter just loves it. Plus, you never know when you'll find a special surprise in there from DCL, which happened to us last time.

10. catislander

catislander Mouseketeer

I love surprises from DCL! Do tell, what did you get?

11. threewilmingtonwalls

My daughter got an invitation to a special event on the last night of our last cruise. A character party where only two other children and their families were present. All the regular characters were there, along with the casts from all the onboard shows. It was AMAZING!

12. LOVEDCL

LOVEDCL Earning My Ears

Yessss. This will be our second Cruise in the Magic. We are on Jan. 4th as well. Can't wait!!!

13. dpequignot

dpequignot Earning My Ears

And we were there too:)!!!!! Sydney was on her Make a Wish trip..
    I'm in for Fish Extender fun again...with the KSF I only have a few more payments to go..YAY tho since we are from Indiana I was sad to see the flights to TX as being over $500 I dont want to drive 18-21hours to get there. Tho on the last cruise many drove from Canada to Florida

14. dpequignot

dpequignot Earning My Ears

I did not add ground transfers yet. Has anyone made a hotel reservation for the night before cruise or are you flying in same day? Since Make a Wish made all our 1st cruise arrangements Im freaking out a little:)

15. Sorcerer-Mickey

Sorcerer-Mickey Mouseketeer

:flower3: Good Morning from Colorado!! I am more than excited to announce my friends and I are going to join you on this fabulous trip!! My BFF and I are headed to the Magic and sailing out of TX a week from today Nov 3rd. I am looking forward to getting away to a little beach and sunshine. Although, this cruise is what I am really getting excited about. This itinerary is amazing and I can not wait to be on an 8 day cruise with stops at Castaway Cay and WDW.

Has anyone started getting this cruise started with a FE page :surfweb: and some meet and greets or anything else? I have some fun ideas. Everyone have a great day and I look forward to meeting y'all here on the boards. :wave2:

16. Sorcerer-Mickey

Sorcerer-Mickey Mouseketeer

I just read the past posts and got all caught up. This thread is going to be fun and exciting because talking and planning this trip is half the fun!! party: It doesn't matter how big or small the group is, it's what we do with it. I look forward to getting to know y'all.

Everyone please post any questions or concerns regarding Galveston. I will be there next week boarding the Magic. So I will be your research cruiser and answer any and all your questions.

17. marytw

marytw Earning My Ears

Hello, I am excited to be joining this cruise. The deal is great, with the kids sail free, this cruise is not very much more than what we paid for the Member Cruise. And this is a lot longer!

We really don't need another trip this soon--we were on the Member Cruise and spent a week before the cruise at the BCV and then after the cruise we had a one bedroom MK view at BLT for three days. So we were gone for 2 weeks total. But I love the idea of this cruise with a day at Disney and I have always wanted to go to Key West, even if it is only for a few hours!

Can someone tell me more about the FE? We have cruised before--this will be our 6th cruise. But we have only been on member cruises.

I wish the airfare was a bit cheaper. We are coming in the day before from Maryland and staying one night before the cruise at the Hotel Galvez.

Looking forward to talking to everyone!

18. mareed

mareed DIS Veteran

Any other women without children cruisers? I (40 something) will be there with my Mom (60 something), and with the Kids Sail Free offer, I'm thinking there are going to be a large percentage of families with younger children not yet in school or young enough to pull out.

I'm taking my first ever cruise on the Magic over Thanksgiving with my family (DH & 2 teenage DS's), but have already planned my 2nd cruise for March 1 which will be my Mom's first ever! Gee, hope I like it! :rotfl:

My Mom and I both love Disney and she's tagged along on several of my WDW and DL trips. We had this cruise planned before the itinerary changed, but I was very happy with the change because it makes it a different cruise than my first, and is great to have another day at WDW with my Mom. I'm not really a beach person, but I think the 1 day at Castaway Cay will be a nice lounging day. And the WDW day is the day before Flower and Garden Festival starts, so we'll definitely be starting our day there as my Mom is a huge gardening fanatic!

19. threewilmingtonwalls

Hello all new cruisers! I am excited to see that our number is increasing. :-) I hope everyone who celebrates it had a Happy Halloween! We are all suffering from a touch of candy hangover here. I also hope none of you were in the path of the Frankenstorm! We were grazed by it here in the Carolinas, but luckily we escaped mostly unscathed. Scary!

Denise, how fun that we will be on a other cruise together! I am still hoping Lynn will also decide to join us for this cruise.

Maybe we should think about a roll call to see who is interested in doing the Fish Extender exchange. For those who unfamiliar with this "game" - it's just a fun little way to exchange treats or trinkets. Outside each cabin door is a metal fish that serves as a hanger for notes from crew or the like. Each family who participates hangs a pouch from the fish, then we take turns leaving something for each other. I have to admit that I thought it was ridiculous when I first heard about it. But my little girl saw some of the photos and asked if she could have an Alice in Wonderland "flag" for her door, so we signed up with the Dis group on our first cruise. It was a lot of fun! We got neat little treats and mementos from all over the place, some of which where much needed during our trip.

If you want to participate, just post a reply saying so and tell how many adults and children in your group. I'll send you a private message asking for more info (ages of kids, boys or girls, names, cabin #). We'll set a cut-off date and as soon as that passes I will compile a list and send it to everyone who signed up. For privacy, I will not post the list here in the thread. There are some great threads here on the boards where you can see photos of FE hangers and get ideas for what to put in them. I ordered my hanger from Etsy, and some of the items I have give out are: a cruise "emergency kit" (hilighters for Navigator, safety pins, clothespins, hand sanitizer, etc), a CD of cruise music, boxed candy for the movie theater, Spanish-English translation cards (for Mexican ports). We've gotten all kinds of stuff, from a roll of LifeSavers to a full-size Disney photo album.

20. catislander

catislander Mouseketeer

We are interested in taking part in the FE. We have two adults and our DD8.
    Sherri

21. skybroree

skybroree Earning My Ears

We are so excited about this cruise and we haven't told the kids yet!! This will be our first Disney Cruise and the fact that we get to spend a day at Disney is like icing on the cake!!

Our family includes: myself, DH, DD8 :smickey: DD6 :tink: & DD3 ::MinnieMo