Magic Goes Texan! Eight Crazy Nights (3/1/2013 Bahamas)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by threewilmingtonwalls, Mar 25, 2012.

1. disDaily

disDaily Earning My Ears

I don't have enough posts to send a PM yet...But we are all adults and I am not worried about a stalker at this point so...If it is Mixology it will be Jeff And Christa Daily and we don't have a stateroom yet we are GTY.

If it is wine it is Christa Daily (me) and my mother Lora Petersson and neither of us have a stateroom yet.

How do I get added to the Facebook group?

I am Christa Van Gundy Daily on facebook

Golden Spam has something to do with Spam-a-lot and has added honey.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. threewilmingtonwalls

threewilmingtonwalls DIS Veteran

Ok, great! We have decided to make the event a full open bar, to accommodate everyone. I hope that means all three of you will be joining us, but let me know if not.

Here is a link to our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/magicgoestexan/

There seems to be more conversation over there; come join us!

4. mareed

mareed DIS Veteran

OK, I just did a request on the facebook page - hopefully whoever needs to approve it will match it to me here. Let me know if I need to give more info so you know who I am. I've been avoiding Facebook and don't really know how to use it, but am interested in this meet so hopefully I can figure it out!

Since it's an open bar, there's no minimum purchase or anything, right? It's just a set time for those of us from here to meet and find each other (& enjoy some drinks). :drinking1 Assuming so, then count me in for 2 ladies - my Mom and I.

5. threewilmingtonwalls

It looks we have met our minimum and our party is a go! I will have some specific details from our event planner tomorrow about the drink menu in Sessions and whether we can add new attendees once onboard. One important piece of information to note: Once you are confirmed for the event, your onboard account will be charged whether or not you actually attend. As they are providing bar staff to a closed area for our event, I think this is reasonable. If there is any chance you would want to cancel at the last minute, please let me know before I submit the list to DCL. Thanks!

Here is our "YES" list:

Alexis & Tim
    Elaine & Jim
    Sherri & Ken
    Josh & *Crystal
    Vicki & Bill
    Mike & Sonia
    John & Michelle
    Melinda & Christopher (guests/in place of Danny & Alexis)
    Sonny & Jennifer
    Lisa & Troy
    Dianne & Mark Puckett
    Brandon & Jennifer
    Denise & Chad
    Melissa & Ivan
    Jeff & Christa Daily
    Angela & Steve
    Angela & Scott
    Angie & Bernie
    Jenn & *Matthew
    Donna & Paul
    Diane
    Gena
    Douglas
    Rebecca
    Lora Petersson
    Michelle
    Judy
    Mary Beth
    Carole

* Non-drinker

Please let me know if I missed anyone or if I added anyone who is not attending. Looking forward to this fun gathering! :dance3:

6. threewilmingtonwalls

Great! I will be on the lookout for your FB request! The event is a private party in Sessions lounge, and does include an open bar but there is a $20 per person charge, which covers your drinks. Each attendee will be charged on their onboard account. Let me know if you still want to join us - I hope you will!

7. laenie

laenie Mouseketeer

Sounds great, thanks for making this happen!
    Elaine

8. Cocolina

Cocolina Earning My Ears

I have a 9 year old son. My husband is staying home as well. I can't figure out how to message from my phone but my son would love to connect with yours.

Colleen

9. angiet1975

angiet1975 Earning My Ears

Please let me know if I missed anyone or if I added anyone who is not attending. Looking forward to this fun gathering! :dance3:[/QUOTE]

Add us to the list...Angie & Bernie

10. mareed

mareed DIS Veteran

OK, I'll check with my Mom and take a look at the drink menu and any other details you're able to share later. We don't usually drink much, and really only frou frou drinks, but it sure sounds like fun to get together with everyone here! So, it's basically open bar and drinks from their menu are included for the hour we have it booked? Sorry if that's a dumb question and should be obvious. :blush:

11. threewilmingtonwalls

Not a dumb question at all! Yes, it will be open bar for the hour we are there and you would be able to order any drinks normally served in Sessions. It also includes gratuity, so for $20 it's actually not a bad price considering how expensive drinks are onboard anyway. I'm sure they will be willing to make frou frou drinks for you and your mom, but I will post every detail once I get the e-mail from our party planner tomorrow. :goodvibes

12. Aggienavywife

Aggienavywife Earning My Ears

My DH, Troy, will be with me as well ;)

13. threewilmingtonwalls

Done!

14. threewilmingtonwalls

Oops - sorry! Adding him now! :)

15. disneyfan19712006

disneyfan19712006 DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear the drink menu! Three weeks from tonight we will be in Galveston!!

16. disneyfan19712006

disneyfan19712006 DIS Veteran

Took DH clothes shopping last night, I don't believe how much he needed. Taking my granddaughter tomorrow, at least she only needs shoes. They to get it all in the luggage.

Three weeks seems like forever.:cool1::cool1::cool1:

17. threewilmingtonwalls

Ugh - shopping is the one vacation chore I have procrastinated for too long! I have to get started on that this weekend. Three weeks from now, we'll be eating breakfast at the Galvez!!

18. disDaily

disDaily Earning My Ears

Has any one used the Spa Villas? We will be on our honeymoon and it looks like it would be nice but pricey. I was wondering if anyone could give me a review.

19. disDaily

disDaily Earning My Ears

We are all in for the meet and greet!

20. disDaily

disDaily Earning My Ears

I submitted a Facebook request. Christa Van Gundy Daily.

21. WhiskMama

WhiskMama Earning My Ears

Few questions for those in the know:

1) where is this facebook page for our cruise? I'd love to join it.

2) if we take the shuttle to the magic kingdom but have lunch at epcot, is that an easy transfer from one area to the other?

3) if we arrive at magic kingdom, can we leave back to the ship from epcot center?

Thanks!

Jenn