Magic Dry Dock

Just wanted to add we also cruised on the little Big Red Boat and one of my best vacations was celebrating my 40 on a Windjammer. I am sure you can find a place on the ship that isn't full of people and if seasickness kicks in go to an outside area. Then all the senses can get in sync. It relieves it some. Happy cruising!

Sounds like we have a lot in common. :goodvibes We booked a suite as well for the space. The more I have researched, I am actually glad we are on the Magic. I do like technology so would have likes the Fantasy's gadgets. But I really don't like crowds. And my 6 year old doesn't do well with them either. I think he will prefer the kid areas on the smaller ships. If we had gone on the Fantasu we wouldn't have gotten a suite. Plus I can have a shot at a cabana this way.

I am hoping to get a cabana for both of the days we are at Castaway Cay. I like knowing that we have our own beach space. When we cruise dd will be 10 (almost 11) and ds will be 6 (almost 7). Both have November birthdays.

Just wanted to add we also cruised on the little Big Red Boat and one of my best vacations was celebrating my 40 on a Windjammer. I am sure you can find a place on the ship that isn't full of people and if seasickness kicks in go to an outside area. Then all the senses can get in sync. It relieves it some. Happy cruising!

Thanks! Good to know about the senses. I'm gonna get her the patch just in case. I can't understand why she gets sick on the ferry boat. You can't feel anything! lol Those little boats that go to the resorts like Wilderness Lodge are even worse for her. It's so odd.

I am hoping to get a cabana for both of the days we are at Castaway Cay. I like knowing that we have our own beach space. When we cruise dd will be 10 (almost 11) and ds will be 6 (almost 7). Both have November birthdays.

Yeah, we are going to try for two Cabanas as well. DH would NOT like a crowded beach so that's super important for us. My older twins will be 19 but my younger son will be 7. Maybe they will meet up! :) He's pretty shy.

I think it would be awesome if they refurbished AP while in drydock. Also wish they would put PC back together they way it used to be before the 2007 Med cruise! :confused3

AP was refurbished in one previous dry dock. That's not to say it will or will not happen again; just that it already was done once.

AP was refurbished in one previous dry dock. That's not to say it will or will not happen again; just that it already was done once.

I meant refurbished to be like the one they have on the Dream/Fantasy. AP on the older ships has always been my least favorite -- both for comfort and ambiance. ;)

Folks you all have to remember that the shipyard refit is a year away. Except for the usual inspections and class reqiurements, mechcanial renewals, which are reqiured, many things are still in the stages of planing and estimating.

In the months to come items will be ok'd and confirmed. Others will be set aside and others added. However as with any ship major refit, changes will be made until she leaves the shipyard and in this case, maybe as they sail west to Miami.

However the guessing can be fun!:thumbsup2

AKK

Do ya'll think there is any chance they will add a concierge lounge?

When we were on the Dream in August, one of the Guest Service managers, whom we have known for several years, told us that they were trying to figure out if there was somewhere on deck 8 where they could put a Concierge lounge on both the Magic and Wonder.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

We spoke with several CMs about the planned changes on our B2B out of Galveston earlier this month.

The one negative (to us) change that is planned is in the staterooms - the current plan is to replace all beds with the ones built into the wall, like the sold queens on the larger ships. They will no longer be able to adjust them for singles. We like this option a lot on the classic ships, but according to several people, this will be done as part of the stateroom renovations. :sad2:

RBD will also be revamped, but there will NOT be an enclosed area added above the Cove Cafe due to top heavy concerns on the Magic (built of heavier materials than the Wonder was).

We spoke with several CMs about the planned changes on our B2B out of Galveston earlier this month.

The one negative (to us) change that is planned is in the staterooms - the current plan is to replace all beds with the ones built into the wall, like the sold queens on the larger ships. They will no longer be able to adjust them for singles. We like this option a lot on the classic ships, but according to several people, this will be done as part of the stateroom renovations. :sad2:

RBD will also be revamped, but there will NOT be an enclosed area added above the Cove Cafe due to top heavy concerns on the Magic (built of heavier materials than the Wonder was).

I don't think stability is a issue, as if they wanted to biuld the enclosed area on the Magic, like the Wonder, they could use aluminium or laminate and not steel.

Most likely it was not needed for the future planed sailing areas of the Magic. The one on the wonder was put in for the Alaskia trade.

AKK

Kinda wondering what RBD is as well?????
AKK

Sorry, wrong acronym, apparently...Rockin' Bar D night club

I don't think stability is a issue, as if they wanted to biuld the enclosed area on the Magic, like the Wonder, they could use aluminium or laminate and not steel.

Most likely it was not needed for the future planed sailing areas of the Magic. The one on the wonder was put in for the Alaskia trade.
AKK

I'm actually just quoting the captain here - it was his opinion & he went into a lot of detail about it. Apparently the Magic is already a bit top heavy.

They also don't anticipate adding a concierge room at this point, but I suppose any of it could change over time. It was definitely mentioned several times that if they get the changes done early, they will add passengers to the wbta too. But I'm not holding my breath on that one!!

Sorry, wrong acronym, apparently...Rockin' Bar D night club

I'm actually just quoting the captain here - it was his opinion & he went into a lot of detail about it. Apparently the Magic is already a bit top heavy.

They also don't anticipate adding a concierge room at this point, but I suppose any of it could change over time. It was definitely mentioned several times that if they get the changes done early, they will add passengers to the wbta too. But I'm not holding my breath on that one!!

Indeed...she has a large GM and righting arm now. The weight of the addition is no more then about 250 metric tons and that should not effect the GM to the point she would have problems. BTW, all cruise liners today was somewhat top heavy.

There could be something different in design and weight distrabution between the Magic and the Wonder, but I would be surprized.

However if you say the Captian had this opinion, I will of course bow to him....she's his ship!

AKK

No problem about the acronym..........I have a hard time keeping up with them all.*G*

If this is true and the Wonder is getting the refit in 2014, it would make sense for the Wonder to be in Europe in 2014.

Carnival is doing a 49 day $155 million refit to the Destiny, adding a deck even, and then renaming the ship The Sunshine next year, so if the Magic is out for 43 days I would expect some big changes.

My kids say if the Magic had an aqua duck it would be a perfect ship, but I can't see that being added.

Yes, from what I know the Wonder will be doing Europe in 2014. (from a guy who works Customs at the Port of San Diego (who my mom works with).
When the Wonder came into San Diego for the first time in September I was there (luckily I jus flew in) and my mom called the guy to find out how many times the Wonder was gonna be in San Diego. He said 4 this year and again next year as a sort of "farewell tour" before they prep to send her to Europe. We were both SHOCKED because we hadn't heard anything about this yet. So there you go. We now know SOMETHING for 2014,:dance3:

Yes, from what I know the Wonder will be doing Europe in 2014. (from a guy who works Customs at the Port of San Diego (who my mom works with).
When the Wonder came into San Diego for the first time in September I was there (luckily I jus flew in) and my mom called the guy to find out how many times the Wonder was gonna be in San Diego. He said 4 this year and again next year as a sort of "farewell tour" before they prep to send her to Europe. We were both SHOCKED because we hadn't heard anything about this yet. So there you go. We now know SOMETHING for 2014,:dance3:

Whoever they send to Europe, I just hope they come up with a fresh new itinerary and not a repeat of what's already been done.

n8tivecaligirl said:

My DH said that very thing ;)

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2012/10/a-look-at-possible-2014-itineraries/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter