Magic Christmas Cruise 2010 (Dec 18th - 29th) - ***UPDATED - post #411 ***

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by amystevekai&bump, Oct 7, 2008.

1. amystevekai&bump

amystevekai&bump DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. winnyis

winnyis <font color=teal>When angels visit us, we do not h

I have a request in with my TA for this one. I will be transferring ressie from a dummy date I booked onboard. Hopefully the prices wont be too outrageous like the Baltic ones are.

4. amystevekai&bump

Hi :thumbsup2 - I am the same, I've been talking to my TA last night and today as I am concerned about the cost.:scared1:

We are transferring from a dummy date to hopefully a cat 6 - i'm just hoping we can afford it. :rotfl:

I was also looking at the 7 night Wonder cruise, but I really wanted the eastern itinerary, and as that is doing the western (typical!!;) ) we weren't so keen as we have been to Cayman and Mexico before.

Oh well - here's hoping the prices aren't too bad - have you ANY idea what they will be??:confused3

5. ibouncetoo

ibouncetoo <font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi

I'm also considering this cruise. I can't believe that DCL won't give us some idea on the rates before next Tuesday! (actually....I really am kind of mad about it...as much as I get mad about anything)

This cruise could be right up there with the Med/Baltic rates which are kind of scary looking.:scared1: It might end up that a TransAtlantic WITH airfare could be around the same. That's what my hard decision will be on Tuesday.

6. msec

msec Earning My Ears

We are hoping to do this one also - as with all of you we are waiting to see prices first... We had hoped to do one of the Baltics - but they are a little steep and then when we add airfare for 4 plus a few days in London pre-cruise, excursions, etc - probably looking close to $20,000 if not more :scared1:

We did the 10 night Christmas cruise back in 2006 and it was wonderful :cloud9: We spent Christmas day on CC and it was great! This cruise has a few different ports than the ones we visited in 2006 so that is exciting!!

Guess we all have to wait until next Tuesday!!

7. EllaEnchanted

EllaEnchanted <font color=darkturquoise>iDIS...resistance is fut

Do you mind me asking what category you had and approximately what you paid per person so we could have some ball park figure to see if we can even think about affording this cruise. I'm afraid it's going to be higher than the Baltic, then what will I do?:confused3 :scared1:

8. UKANGEL

UKANGEL Champagne Girls Rule!

Hi there Deb & Jackie!:cool1: and everyone else!

I'd love to do this cruise too but need to wait and see how much they're going to charge first...:rolleyes1

Would be lovely to spend Christmas AND my Birthday onboard though....:yay:

9. squitty

squitty <font color=006633>With a little bit of Pixie Dust

Hi Everyone:wave:

Snap, wouldn't it be great:)

10. UKANGEL

Michelle, think it's just a dream but a girl can hope, eh?:thumbsup2

11. msec

msec Earning My Ears

Hi EllaEnchanted -

We sailed in a Cat 3 on that cruise - it was unbelievable :cool1: . There were 5 of us - 2 adults and 3 children (all under 12) and if I remember right we paid around $15,000 or so - but we had booked that room back in 2004 for 2006 :eek: . We have sailed in Cat 11 since then and that is fine as well!! To give you another idea - we book a 7 day News Years Eve cruise on the Magic for this year and booked about 18 months out with the on-board booking discount and we are paying about $5,800 for 4 in cat 11.

12. squitty

Mandy dreams can come true :wizard: Believe pixiedust: I have emailed DU for a quote.

13. UKANGEL

ooooh might have to do that too Mich!:cool1:

14. EllaEnchanted

Thanks m......we usually sail in a cat 6.....just the two of us, me and DH. Since we're booking two years out I'm hoping for a great discount. I just hope it's not priced out of our doable list. One good thing is that it's not going to cost us any airfare.....we always drive to FL. Keeping my fingers crossed.....I really really want to do this cruise.:goodvibes

15. EllaEnchanted

Me too. I got a ressie number but no quote until 10/14. I'm impatiently waiting.

16. squitty

I am surprised you have waited this long Mandy;)
    LOL's impatiently waiting, I like that.:thumbsup2

17. amystevekai&bump

Looks like there are a few of us from the UK looking to book this cruise!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Are we all going through Dreams Unlimited or are some of you trying to book yourself on Tuesday??:confused3 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

18. UKANGEL

ok will discuss this with Mark while we're away this weekend (and supplied with lots of wine)....no champagne Deb, just lots of wine you notice!:thumbsup2

Hopefully reserve it on Monday all being well (with DU) :cool1:

Then just cross everything that the price is right!:lmao:

19. ibouncetoo

ibouncetoo <font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi

I'll be playing on the computer Tuesday morning...at the crack of dawn in my time zone. I may end up with a reservation on this cruise and the first Baltic one also. Three of us DIS ladies are checking out sharing a Cat 10 on the Baltic, but are nervously waiting on those numbers also. Both these cruises are likely to have pretty substantial fare increases as time goes on, so I want to lock in a good rate. I also am willing to allow "The Universe" to bestow me with the ability to do BOTH! ::yes:: I know my job won't. :lmao:

20. UKANGEL

Good luck Jackie!:thumbsup2

21. amystevekai&bump

Hi!!!:lovestruc

I'm starting to feel sick now - I have a bad feeling that the prices are going to be out of my league!:sad2:

I've already upped what I am able to spend to the max and I don't think it will be enough!!

Someone has posted DVC prices on the main cruise board for the med cruise and the holiday one - and the prices look like they are quite a bit higher for the Christmas cruise. If the DVC points are anything to go by- I think 'our' cruise price might be ridiculous!!:confused:

Please someone reassure me that it will all be ok!!:lmao: