Magic Bands

Sunny dreams

Earning My Ears
We are staying off property so we will obviously have to buy them if we want them. My husband thinks there are perks to getting them but I don't think so. Did you get them or not, and why?

Thanks!

What kind of perks does your husband think there are?

It's a tiny bit more convenient, but that's it. I doubt I would buy them.

Yeah. No monetary benefit to having them. They're more convenient than digging in your bag for your tickets every time you enter a FP+ line but that's about it for offsite visitors. They might have some sort of benefit for Memory Maker and on-ride photos but I've never purchased it, so I don't know if that's the case.

For memory maker the ride photos/videos will auto show up on account. and fact your not digging in pocket, bag, bra what have you for every park entry or FP line times 2 I don't know any perks. and at 15.00 bucks an arm I'd really think hard on perks

We have had them because we stay onsite. There is no way I would pay for them if we were ever offsite. The ability to use them as tickets/FP access is definitely not enough of a perk to buy them.

It's a convenience thing. No perks. If you choose to buy them, they are available at disneystore.com for $12.95 with free shipping through July 4. Not too bad.

Well I am not packing lanyards for the first time in a long time!

Would it be worth it money wise to book a one or two day stay at a WDW resort at the beginning of your vacation? Once you have magicbands they will work for whatever tickets linked to your Magic Disney Experience if I understand correctly.

We are staying onsite for convenience and extra Magic Hours to do one park day and two water park days. But we are eligible for Florida resident discount $125/night and Magic Kingdom will be open to 2 AM for the two teens with me. The magic bands for 4 are half the cost of the room for the first night.

If it was February vacation with high resort prices (presently $185/might Pop Century) we wouldn't stay onsite for the beginning of our vacation.

we got there and long story short the server was down so we weren't able to be given bands but they gave us complementary cards, but anyway once we got in the parks we rushed to nearest store and bout a pair
they are only like 14$ cheap and omg they are convent and worth the splurge
(after we had some issues linking stuff up was helping us) we got some pixie dust and when i offered my credit card they said no it was on them.
but i was fully willing to pay but we got lucky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter