Magic bands didnt work

We walked all the way down to Boca Chia in Feb and you guessed it, our bands wouldn't open the room door :upsidedow I was not impressed, DH walked back to the lobby to get the problem fixed, but we didn't have other problems with them :thumbsup2

Mine only worked on the hotel room door 50% of the time. It may have been me since I don't have alot of give in my wrist to turn the band. I also can't do digital watches - they don't work for long on my wrist. LOL

My sons didn't work for tickets 2 of the 4 days we were there. I carried the actual tickets with us (a receipt would work too) and told them what park we were in the day before.

The person who they called got the magic band working within a few minutes. I was thanked each time and told it helped to speed up the process.

I also had mine not work for paying at restaurants once. Luckily I also carry a credit card with me so I could pay that way.
I've no idea why because it worked the rest of the time for charging as did my families (accept for us hitting the charging limit a couple of times which got annoying fast).

FP+ worked fine.

Here is the thing... all that stuff also could happen with the key cards. They would randomly not open the doors, not be loaded correctly, or not allow charging when they were supposed to. So this really is not new to the MBs. Now, I am not saying the MBs are perfect or anything. Just that it seems a bit funny to me that people will say this is because of the MBs when it could always happen before. I guess since these are new it's easier to just say they have the issue?

Absolutely. In fact we had more problems with the key card once the sensors went in, than with the mbs. Charging, when we set it up, has always been hit or miss. Entering the room has been easier with the mbs than the key cards. We never had admissions on room keys before, as each time we've been there we have had APs which didn't go on the key cards before now.

Problems happen much more frequently with the MB's. It was confirmed by me on three separate trips by different cm's who were helping us deal with multiple problems with our MB's.

Not our experience, and remember that each cm has only seen the issues they have seen. Each cm ends up with their own understanding of things, and their own little set of superstitions about what to do.

We loved it because we love to go to the parks not carrying anything and with nothing in our pockets!pixiedust:

If you getto the parks and glitch happens to all the bands, and you have to prove to the CMs who you are....what then? If someone wants to buy alcohol and you're carded, what then? Room charge doesn't work after dinner? Someone breaks a leg and you go straight to the ER?

It's really good idea for each adult to carry ID. To carry a backup credit/debit card for payment. To carry an insurance card so there are no annoying issues should someone have a hospital-requiring accident. For those of us with access to discounts, like DVC or APs, we should carry those cards as well, to prove that weare allowed the discounts.

In short, I carry MORE now with the mb than I did before because I'm bringing it all plus the mb.

Not our experience, and remember that each cm has only seen the issues they have seen. Each cm ends up with their own understanding of things, and their own little set of superstitions about what to do.

I'm glad you had a good experience with the bands. :thumbsup2

But others have not. And when you're denied entry into your room, entry into the parks and entry onto rides over and over again.......with many different cm's
attempting to fix the problem......you realize that the cards were less problematic.

Our MB experience has been pretty good, especially as compared to the old card keys and opening our resort room door. We never have a problem with the strip demagnetizing now that we have MB's. With the old cards, we often had to try the card in the slot more than once before it recognized it right. With the MB its always been just a touch on the pad and it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter