Magic Bands 101

I don't know if I should ask this here or on the disability board. My DS is autistic and will not wear the band, I was wondering if I could wear his on my right wrist and mine on my left? I know we could get the KTTW cards but it would be so much easier to not have to dig out out cards through out the day. I'm thinking we would all have to use the same way to get into the parks, band or KTTW. We are heading to Disneyworld in 2 weeks and I already have the magic bands and figure I could get the KTTW cards at check-in if we need to go that route. So I'm wondering if anyone has done this? Thanks, Linda :)

I saw parents with a few magic bands on while at Epcot two weeks ago. He doesn't have to have it on while in the park. You only need it for park entrance and at the two scanners for FP+ selections. (There's one scanner at the start of the line and one where the FP line merges with Standby). After that, you can put it away.

Staying at POP 12/31-1/9. Just was able to customize all 4 MBs. When try to get FP+, parents are OK, kids say "ineligible for Magic My Way" or something like that. Are we just too far out to select FP+? Do I need to do something different with kids? They are linked properly b/c I was able to customize all of our MBs. I thought folks were able to get FP+ at the same time they could customize MBs????
How old are they? I was able to book for my older kids, younger are under 3 so they will be getting in for free. The have magic bands, but no fp+. They do not need reservations, they just join you.

I saw parents with a few magic bands on while at Epcot two weeks ago. He doesn't have to have it on while in the park. You only need it for park entrance and at the two scanners for FP+ selections. (There's one scanner at the start of the line and one where the FP line merges with Standby). After that, you can put it away.

Thank you! :)

How old are they? I was able to book for my older kids, younger are under 3 so they will be getting in for free. The have magic bands, but no fp+. They do not need reservations, they just join you.

They are 12 and 9....they both have tickets.

They are 12 and 9....they both have tickets.

Odd... I had no problem booking FP+ for my DD who just turned 12. I don't know if part of it is because I bought a full MYW package (with free QS dining plan) and her name is listed in the package...

Odd... I had no problem booking FP+ for my DD who just turned 12. I don't know if part of it is because I bought a full MYW package (with free QS dining plan) and her name is listed in the package...

Yes, we booked (and mostly paid for) the full MYW package with mid-level (not free) dining plan.

Anyone info would be greatly appreciated.. Went onto MDE about a month ago and had till Oct. 18th to customize the magic bands. Did that and made all the fast pass reservations. As of today 10/18/13 the magic bands update is "your magic bands are being customized and will ship soon" So my question is; are they shipping to me or to the resort? We check in 11/17 at the Polynesian. I did give them an address to ship to (in the US) but I haven't gotten any notification about shipment other than the update on the MDE account. Any info would be great. I am trying to plan ahead and want to make sure we either get them before we leave or not have to worry till we get there. Thanks =)

If a castmember take you into the park. Can you still use the Magicbands for FP's, Dinner Reservations, etc?

I'm SO excited. :dance3: Yes, I'm doing the happy dance. We are exactly 45 days out and finally this evening I was able to personalize my magic bands and make fastpass + reservations. YIPPEE!!! I checked this morning and it wasn't available yet, but tonight there they were ready to personalize and choose! Our arrival date is December 2 so maybe they are beginning to roll out December!

My grandson will be at WDW using a MagicBand with his parkhopper ticket in his Mom's MDX account. When I meet up with them, will I be able to convert his PH ticket to an annual pass as long as it's before the PH runs out? (As per usual -- like it was before?)

In an effort to help others make sense of the customization window I thought I would post some additional information. As of this afternoon, I couldn't customize our Magic Bands for a December trip. I logged onto MDE this evening (right at midnight) and I can now customize our magic bands.

We arrive 12/15 and have not yet done online check-in.

Scott

Anyone info would be greatly appreciated.. Went onto MDE about a month ago and had till Oct. 18th to customize the magic bands. Did that and made all the fast pass reservations. As of today 10/18/13 the magic bands update is "your magic bands are being customized and will ship soon" So my question is; are they shipping to me or to the resort? We check in 11/17 at the Polynesian. I did give them an address to ship to (in the US) but I haven't gotten any notification about shipment other than the update on the MDE account. Any info would be great. I am trying to plan ahead and want to make sure we either get them before we leave or not have to worry till we get there. Thanks =)

For those with a US mailing address, they are shipped to you. All others will received them at the resort. Since you had until 10/18 to customize, yours should ship out very soon. You will probably get the shipping email the same day they are to be delivered.

With 76 days till check-in, I just logged on this morning and clicked Personalize MagicBands like I do every morning and today it said I could customize! :cool1::love: We check-in on Jan 3. It says I have 45 days to customize (till Dec 3).

The only color option for us right now is gray though :confused3 Do I need to call Disney so they can fix that or do I need to wait a few days/weeks and the colors will show up?

I'm just so excited for this trip it's hard to wait! My little heart is going pitter-patter!

I'm just so confused as there seems to be no consistency to when they are letting people customize MB for December.

We arrive December 7th to GF... And I still don't have customize MB... I only have manage MB... Ugh this is getting frustrating.

I don't want to do online check in... And I know that has gotten a lot of people to customize, but there are others that haven't done online check in.

I'm just so confused as there seems to be no consistency to when they are letting people customize MB for December.

We arrive December 7th to GF... And I still don't have customize MB... I only have manage MB... Ugh this is getting frustrating.

I don't want to do online check in... And I know that has gotten a lot of people to customize, but there are others that haven't done online check in.

This is a change up for December arrivals. If you want costumized bands you need to check in. If you don't check in you will get grey bands when you arrive

This is a change up for December arrivals. If you want costumized bands you need to check in. If you don't check in you will get grey bands when you arrive

This isn't necessarily true. I was just able to customize bands for our 12/27 check in. We aren't within 60 days so I cannot do online check in, but all customization options (all 7 colors) were available to me.

Curiouser and curiouser!

My grandson will be at WDW using a MagicBand with his parkhopper ticket in his Mom's MDX account. When I meet up with them, will I be able to convert his PH ticket to an annual pass as long as it's before the PH runs out? (As per usual -- like it was before?)

Looks like the answer is "yes" and it won't affect his access to QSDP or FP+ for this trip -- and will get him a card also (since our trip next Spring will be partly off-site.
(From a poster on another forum).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter