1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Magic band ?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by rockingrollercoaster, Aug 15, 2013.

1. rockingrollercoaster

rockingrollercoaster Mouseketeer

what will prevent family members and friends from using one another's arm bands?? For instance...If grandpa only goes to the park one day out of his 5day ticket, can someone else wear his band for the remaining 4 days to get into the parks?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

It is just like the KTTW card; it is associated with the fingerscan. The technology has not changed; sorry. I am surprised anyone would think Disney would let that get that past them.

4. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

I thought I also read that when the band is scanned, the owner's name shows up somewhere. Someone posted that the CM called them by name when they showed up and scanned for a fp+.

5. WillAustin

WillAustin Can I be the mayor of Bitter Town?

The FP+ attraction entry touch points show the first name of the person who was scanned.

6. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I noticed when I was out at Disneyland last week, that almost all cm's said my name when I entered a park (I have an AP).

They don't use the finger scan at DL, instead they take pictures for everyone. They previously just did AP's but now they are doing it with regular tickets, a cm has a phone size device, asks for ID and takes a picture of the person if it's not already on file.

7. kim929

kim929 DIS Veteran

Going into Hollywood studios the other day, someone in the party in front of us couldn't get the finger scanner to work, they were pulled off to the side and was being questioned on other parks they went to by the band support people they have stationed all over the entrances.

Many cm's used my first name while going through the fast pass line. An example, Kim, are you having a magical day?