Magic band skins

band1.jpg band2.jpg I ordered from Magicyourband back in December and I was pretty impressed with how well they came out. I used by own design by pasting images I clipped from the Internet. With a coupon it was $8 total after shipping for each band. I was surprised to receive 6 copies of the vinyl covers for each band. If the one I have on the band now gets messed up, I have 5 spares! There are 2 types of covers. One covers the whole band which is what I bought. The other comes in 2 parts and does not cover the Mickey in the center of the band.

I got some vinyl princess bands from DVC Central just before she was told to stop selling them from Disney. I bought a Frozen, a Cinderella. a Belle and a Mulan band which are very pretty. Too bad she couldn't sell them anymore. I got those over a year ago and they have held up really well.

DVC Central does still sell Cover Bands, they just had to make them more vague to meet Disneys legal requirements.
I just ordered some from My Fantasy Bands, and while they aren't being used until August, the quality seems very nice, and they have a lot of cute designs. I need the Eat Drink and Be Merry to come back in stock for my F&W trip in November :-)

View attachment 85980 View attachment 85981 I ordered from Magicyourband back in December and I was pretty impressed with how well they came out. I used by own design by pasting images I clipped from the Internet. With a coupon it was $8 total after shipping for each band. I was surprised to receive 6 copies of the vinyl covers for each band. If the one I have on the band now gets messed up, I have 5 spares! There are 2 types of covers. One covers the whole band which is what I bought. The other comes in 2 parts and does not cover the Mickey in the center of the band.

Did you do anything special to your image to make the custom cover? I have been playing around with it, but it seems like the images I pick just don't fit quite right and don't look good. Yours look great!

image.jpg

I got our custom MB skins from Magic Your Band yesterday. We too don't have our actual MBs yet but we love our designs and can't wait to apply them! The black circuit board one and the rainbow one were thrown in as extras. I give Magic Your Band 5 stars all the way! :-)

I came across this site magicyourband - it has skins for the magic band. Has anyone used them or has another site to recommend?TIA

We've used them a few times and found the service outstanding. I also love that shipping is free. We've amassed quite a collection and if you keep the backing to the adhesive skins, the retain their ability to stick so you can switch them out and then use them again.

I just ordered a few sets from myfantasyband. I almost got the F&W inspired one but it says on the site they don't recommend re-using and I didn't want to commit a band to F&W for an eternity. lol

Although....if I had a dedicated F&W band I would just have to go every year, right? :rolleyes1

I just ordered a few sets from myfantasyband. I almost got the F&W inspired one but it says on the site they don't recommend re-using and I didn't want to commit a band to F&W for an eternity. lol

Although....if I had a dedicated F&W band I would just have to go every year, right? :rolleyes1

An FYI......the website is actually myfantasybandS without the S is a very different site.

The bands are removable, but they don't recommend trying to reapply...so you wouldn't be committing it for eternity, you'd just have to buy next year's design for F&W.

There was a couple of places that made the vinyl that WAS reusable....anyone know those websites? Wonder if they have a F&W....we're going this year so that would be fun to have, but would prefer to be able to reuse next year if the price is reasonable.

An FYI......the website is actually myfantasybandS without the S is a very different site.

The bands are removable, but they don't recommend trying to reapply...so you wouldn't be committing it for eternity, you'd just have to buy next year's design for F&W.
:oops:

View attachment 85980 View attachment 85981 I ordered from Magicyourband back in December and I was pretty impressed with how well they came out. I used by own design by pasting images I clipped from the Internet. With a coupon it was $8 total after shipping for each band. I was surprised to receive 6 copies of the vinyl covers for each band. If the one I have on the band now gets messed up, I have 5 spares! There are 2 types of covers. One covers the whole band which is what I bought. The other comes in 2 parts and does not cover the Mickey in the center of the band.

Have you had any trouble with the one piece....I like the look better, but wonder if the raised Mickey head under the vinyl pokes through after time or looks less quality. (I know that the covering doesn't interfere with connection to the kiosk, just worried that the vinyl will start to rip or peel). Thanks!

Do they send the extras for the custom bands or all of them....I have several bands from repeat stays so it would be cool to be able to put the skins on each color of band.

I came across this site magicyourband - it has skins for the magic band. Has anyone used them or has another site to recommend?TIA
We have received our skins from them but I can't tell you how they work as we don't have our magicbands yet(we are from Canada). They look to be everything we had hoped for. Mine is a glittery purple one, my sons is a glow in the dark ghost one and my husband got the steampunk look. They even sent 2 of each, I'm guessing that's in case we screw up putting them on. The plastic seems to be quite flexible.

I had great success with the decals from Magicyourband on the MB ver 1, but when I ordered them for MB ver 2 I found they would not stay attached. I asked the people at the company about this and they said it might be because the composition of ver 2 is different from 1. They were very nice about giving me a refund. Just a headsup!

Overall, I have had good results with MB2, but there have been some inconsistencies. My suggestions for giving yourself the best possible results. I scrub my MB2 with soap and water, using the scrubby side of a kitchen sponge, rinse thoroughly, and air dry. I then wipe it down with rubbing alcohol on a paper towel. This has generally yielded good results, though there have been one or two that did not take well even after going through this. I found on the MB's that did not take well, once I removed the lifted decal, and applied a second one (MagicYourBand always provides two copies of each decal) that the second one always sticks.

Do be careful not to touch the adhesive part of the decal any more than absolutely necessary. Make sure your hands are clean as well. Oils from your skin could certainly keep the decal from adhering well. The other thing that I've thought about, but not tried / tested, is using a bit of tape to clean the band with. I thought about this because when ever I have had a decal that lifted, putting a second decal on afterwards has always worked, so I wondered if there might be something on the surface of the MB which sometimes survives my cleaning process, but then gets stuck to the adhesive on the decal. Perhaps a bit of duct tape applied to the bands, and pulled back off might help to remove anything on the surface, and give the decals a better chance of adhering.

This is an old thread, but running a hair dryer over the band will help because it will heat up a cold band making it easier to adhere the band but it will also help if you use it after the skin is on. It reactivates the adhesive so it stays put better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter