Magic Band Cost?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by dcannon101, Mar 9, 2014.

1. dcannon101

dcannon101 Mouseketeer

Our local newspaper had a couple of articles about WDW in the Sunday edition. One of the articles described the MB and how you could make FP+ reservations ahead of time. It closed by saying that there was going to be a $15 charge for each MB. Has anyone heard this rumor? I can't see them continuing to give them away like they have been with people getting 3 or more MB because they have multiple stays.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

supposedly what they are going to do is give resort guests them for free. And then eventually disney will open up magic bands for sale to off site guests that want them. AP holders are just receiving their free ones now so I would expect this to be the next step.

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

No, have not heard that rumor. I think it would have shown up here on the DIS boards already if it were true.

5. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

What paper?

I'm curious

6. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

Yeah... I guess the reprogram capability is online...

We had two sets for two different reservations...one we
    Didnt use...and now are apparent gonna see AP ones show up...
    Probably mere weeks/ days before the APs expire.

Very logical from a typically "illogical" operation

7. Figmentforever24

Figmentforever24 DIS Veteran

When we there in September they said Annual passholders and resort guest get them for free unless they want a card instead. Offsite guest get a card but will be able to purchase bands in the near future. They will replace the bands for annual passholders and onsite guest "once". After that they charge you for ever time you lose and need to replace a band.

8. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

that's interesting I've seen some people who have a few sets of bands. My guess is the next magic band step is to offer them for off site guests for an expense. AP is first of course but we will find out soon what costs will be.