Magic ~ 1/12/2013

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by Lizzyanne1, Apr 20, 2012.

1. jjones144

jjones144 Mouseketeer

I am going to email everyone a copy of the list, please let me know if everything is correct. Plan to send it out tomorrow. Thanks, Jessica

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. oneplustwo

oneplustwo Earning My Ears

We are from the Dallas area - love being able to drive to the port.

Jessica - I couldn't open the google doc. I agree that a mid-November cut-off would be nice.

Excursions: I think we're going to do Stingray City in GC. We've been to Cozumel a number of times, so we won't do an excursion there. We'll probably do Chankanaab or Paradise Beach, depending on how we feel that morning. Can't go wrong with a relaxing day at Paradise Beach!

4. jjones144

jjones144 Mouseketeer

I see that now from my phone, would pull up on my computer because I was signed in. Will figure it out tomorrow. Will probably just email. Thanks for letting me know.

5. jjones144

jjones144 Mouseketeer

6. oneplustwo

oneplustwo Earning My Ears

It's working now. Sent you an email.

7. jjones144

jjones144 Mouseketeer

Thank you. I updated and resent. If anyone else notices anything that is not correct, please let me know. Thanks.

8. Peachykeane

Peachykeane Earning My Ears

Hi, This is my first cruise with the family. We are coming from Colorado, flying to Houston-George Bush. I have been reading as much as possible from some other threads about transportation to Galveston from this airport. We are flying in the night before. Any other good ideas regarding Houston to Galveston?? Would love to hear them! Thanks! Kelly

9. jjones144

jjones144 Mouseketeer

Have you looked into the price of a one way rental? When we go to Port Canaveral this is what we do, because it is cheaper. I am not sure that is the case for Galveston, from what I have read on the boards. I think Enterprise is the only one that does this, but not positive. It might be cheaper to do Disney's transportation. If so you would want to stay somewhere close to IAH that has free airport shuttle. This Hampton Inn in Humble looks like a good price and comfortable for the night. It is on 59 and close to the airport and has a shuttle to the airport. Just a suggestion.

Hampton Inn Houston/Humble-Airport Area
    20515 Highway 59 North, Humble, Texas, 77338, USA TEL: 1-281-446-4800

10. Mommy2Emmy

Mommy2Emmy Mouseketeer

Has anyone cruised in January before? I'm wondering what kind of weather we should expect. Yes, I'm already packing in my head! Ha!!

11. ZoneOrr

ZoneOrr Mouseketeer

Hello Everyone!!!!

12. shantomp98

shantomp98 Earning My Ears

We have cruised in January to Cozumel before. The weather was Perfect!!! It was chilly & drizzly when we left Galveston but by morning the kids were swimming on the ship with no problems. The beach wasn't so hot that we couldn't lay in the lounge chairs but wasn't cool either. Just perfect! So excited about going back!!!

13. Mommy2Emmy

Mommy2Emmy Mouseketeer

My DH and I were talking about the tastings tonight! We'd love to try one! When do we find out about these? On the Navigators?

14. shantomp98

shantomp98 Earning My Ears

My computer chose to 'delete' my last post :) Sorry if it shows up & this is a repeat.

It is very possible that I am missing this info somewhere but I was wondering if there was a formal and/or semi-formal dinner on the 6-night. Everything I see is for 7-night. I am such a planner & am so excited about this cruise that I am already working on my packing list!:cool1:

Thanks for the info - also, does the 6-night offer the princess tea party too?

15. Mommy2Emmy

Mommy2Emmy Mouseketeer

I'm a first timer, but from what I can tell yes, both formal and semi-formal. And no tea party. I'm bummed about that :(!

16. ZoneOrr

ZoneOrr Mouseketeer

We won't find out until the night before in the navigators. They are usually on sea days around 1pm. My husband and I love the mixolgy, beer, martini, bloody Mary, and mojito tasting (okay pretty much all of them). You get 6 drinks for 15$ and they are always fun.

17. Peachykeane

Peachykeane Earning My Ears

Hi thanks, I did call Enterprise. My quote is $46 for 24 hours but when I got the e-mail reservation it was drop off back at the airport! So some how my communication to drop one way in Galveston was not articulated. We really want to just go to Galveston and stay there. I will check with Enterprise again and see if I can revise to the one way! Otherwise, might go with your idea. Thanks again for checking on that!!! Kelly

18. cruzgirl

cruzgirl Earning My Ears

We are coming from Ontario, Canada and driving down to Texas! It will be about a 25 hour drive for us, but not much farther than we usually drive to cruise (it's over 20 hours for us to drive to Florida too).

We've cruised with Disney once before and LOVED it!! One thing I'd like to recommend is to bring a pirate costume! There is always a pirate-themed night and it's so much fun to see everyone in costume. We brought some pirate accessories last time for the kids, but I think this time, our whole family will get into the spirit of things and dress up! :)

19. jjones144

jjones144 Mouseketeer

Wow, that is a long drive. Will you guys do it in 2 days? My boys dressed up for Pirate night the first time we cruised Disney, they were so cute. This past time we all decided to dress up, it was a blast. We all plan on dressing up again this cruise.

20. jjones144

jjones144 Mouseketeer

I called Disney today to find out about the nights for dinner on our cruise.

1st night- Cruise casual
    2nd night- Formal
    3rd night- Cruise casual
    4th night- Pirate
    5th night- Semi formal
    6th night- Cruise casual

Just to let you over planners like me know.

21. darling996

darling996 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the information! I am just like you! I already have my whole wardrobe put together! But when you have to basically pack for 2 kids too, it's nice to get a jump!