Made my ressies but feeling guilty!

Gail from Nova Scotia

Earning My Ears
I booked our day at Discovery Cove last week but since then I have watched 3 different TV specials about the plight of dolphins, their mistreatment in differents aquariums (not DC) etc etc.
I now feellike I am exploiting these dolphins by paying to swim with them. I am having a major guilt trip!!
Please make me feel better! Tell me how well looked after the dolphins are! Tell me that by exposing my children to these beautiful mammals they (my children) will have a better understanding and respect for wildlife and the environment!! Reassure me!!
Gail

Sea World has a great reputation for treating its animals in an excellent way. I have not heard of any mistreatments of animals by Sea World staff.

IT TRULY APPEARED THAT THE TRAINERS AT D.C. LOVE THOSE DOLPHINS. BEFORE U HAVE YOUR SWIM THEY SHOW U A VIDEO ABOUT THE DOLPHINS, THEN THE TRAINER TALKS ABOUT THEM . I FEEL THEY DO CARE FOR THE DOLPHINS, I TO WOULD BE UPSET IF THEY WERE MISTREATED. GO & ENJOY YOUR DAY I THINK YOU WILL GET THE FEELING THE ANIMALS ARE WELL TREATED THERE.

The dolphins at SW and DC are treated very well. The trainers are very sensitive to the dolphin's mood, too. If they sense a dolphin is not enjoying an interaction or is feeling antsy, they will let it return "backstage" and call for another dolphin.

The dolphins at SW and DC also serve an important purpose, IMHO. That is to educate people about the beauties of nature and make them more sensitive to animal exploitation elsewhere.

SeaWorld has a first-rate record as a protector and rehabilitator of marine mammals. Visit the Manatee exhibit at SeaWorld to see what I mean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter