Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken Breast at WPE?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by weHEARTmickey, May 12, 2010.

1. weHEARTmickey

weHEARTmickey Dreamin' of Disney.......

We were at WDW in Sept & WPE took this off the menu b/c of FD. It's showing right now on the disboards menu. Has anyone had this lately? Or can someone confirm that it is being served again? This is one dish DH & I can share & one we L.O.V.E. :love:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KMS'sGlassSlipper

KMS'sGlassSlipper Mouseketeer

My fiance and I ate at Wolfgang Puck for my birthday at the end of March, and it was on the menu... it's our favorite!

4. ShanF

ShanF Mouseketeer

we were there in march and i ordered this -- it was one of my favorite meals of our trip -- delicious!!

5. msminnieears

msminnieears Mouseketeer

We were their in March and my mother ordered it. It was FANTASTIC!!!!!:lovestruc I hope they didn't remove it.

6. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

I hope it's there when I go, it's one of my favorites.

7. honeydiane1953

honeydiane1953 DIS Veteran

We ate at Woofgang Puck cafe(bottom level) not express a couple of weeks ago and it was good. Cannot say re the express.

8. weHEARTmickey

Thanks for all the responses!! Yes, it is an AMAZING dish :lovestruc

Oh no! So, you think it's at the TS restaurant, WPC...not the QS restaurant WPE? That would be sad :sad2:

9. KMS'sGlassSlipper

KMS'sGlassSlipper Mouseketeer

I too ate at the cafe, and not the express... the downstairs table service restaurant. I have never tried the quick service. It has always been at the TS restaurant when we were there.

10. weHEARTmickey

Yikes :scared1: It was at the Express in the summers of 2007 & 2008. How sad :sad2:

11. SlightlyGoofy

SlightlyGoofy <font color=green>I shall be forced to take you on

My husband and I loved the Macadamia Chicken as well. We went back December 2009 and it was no longer on the menu at the Express. I believe it was something like $26 if you ordered it at the sit down restaurant downstairs. We like it but not quite that much.:scared1:

We used to love the location over near the movie theater but found that the other one at Marketplace has the same menu, and a bit more, and is inside and climate controlled. They have some good pizzas and such but nothing like the Macadamia Chicken.

Slightly Goofy

12. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was Moderator

The Express menus were changed permanently last year. Some dishes were changed, and some removed (like the spicy chicken pizza).

13. jdisnut

jdisnut DIS Veteran

I will forever mourn for the spicy chicken pizza. Actually, they took away three of my favorite dishes on the menu. I am not pleased.

14. TDC Nala

The spicy chicken pizza was a Wolfgang Puck specialty - used to get them in California before he became a megachef with ten billion restaurants - but I understand that the Orlando restaurants aren't owned by him anymore, although his name is on them still. They're now run by Levy Restaurants (which also runs Portobello and Fulton's)

15. weHEARTmickey

TDC Nala!!!! This is TOTALLY off subject, but I have to tell you something funny....the VERY first time I EVER looked at the disboards, I saw a post by you. (Who could forget your avatar???) :rotfl: I remember reading your tags & being SO confused, thinking you might be a little cuckoo :rotfl2: Later, I realized what the tags meants, so it all fell into place. It's just funny to see you posting here now. :laughing: Have a great day! :hug:

16. TDC Nala

I still can't bring myself to take down the avatar, maybe I will someday.

17. weHEARTmickey

NOOOOoooooo!!! Don't do it! :scared:

18. mick0613

mick0613 Earning My Ears

I had it last Friday night when we ate dinner there. It was excellent!!!

19. weHEARTmickey

I LOVE it! I've made it at home, but not w/ the sauce (which is part of what makes it so great!) I hate that it's not at WPE anymore :sick: We're considering WP (upstairs) before La Nouba. Wonder if that food's any good?