Lunch on Embarkation Day

Does anyone remember what was on the buffet at either Cabannas or EG? I'd like to see what Cabannas has that EG doesn't. Might change our plan. :)
I found this on another site.

Cabanas Embarkation Lunch Menu

Marinated mushroom and artichoke with champagne dressing
Sliced green and red peppers
Chopped romaine
Sliced cucumber
Sliced tomato salad

Green lip mussels
Marie rose
Shrimp
Crab claws

Soup

Oregano
Shaved parmesan
Chili flake

Pork with garlic ginger sauce
Rice

Turkey wrap with chipotle

Ribeye steak
Steak fries

Chicken with pico de gallo
Colloped smashed potato with jack cheese onion

Griddled lamb chops with charmola
Buttered asparagus

Ham wrapped salmon
Grilled corn, chestnuts, bok choy, leeks and red bell pepper

Honey glazed carrots / snow peas
Grilled swordfish with an apple and lime salsa

Pennette Pasta with Provencal sauce
Macaroni mushrooms and tarragon

Chicken breast strips
Steamed veg - broccoli, carrots, cauliflower
Macaroni and cheese
Pizza

Roasted steamship
Roast turkey

Slice bresola
Slice prosciutto
Sliced alpine ham
Blue cheese crumbles
Slice provolone cheese

Bread rolls
Baguette
Bread

Key lime pie
Coffee mascarpone roulade
Fresh fruit salad
Chocolate marquise
New York Cheesecake
Jello
Strawberry tart

Fresh whole fruit
Cookies

On the Dream we have done both. We prefer Cabanas because of the bigger selection. The good thing about the time we ate in EG was we were on a B2B and the first people in EG and we were able to get one of the booths. Since we will probably never be assigned one of these tables for our rotation it was nice to experience that. On the Magic/Wonder we always eat in Parrot Cay because Topsiders/Beach Blanket are just too hard to navigate with carry-on baggage.

On the Magic we enjoyed eating embarkation lunch at Parrot Cay but on the Dream, we preferred Cabanas. Unless you're in the centre booths in EG, I found the restaurant to feel a little closed in with a low ceiling. Cabanas was very bright and airy - lots of selection. It was also nice afterwards to walk out, grab a drink at the drink station and head over to the pool area until our cabin was ready - two minutes from lunch to pool, can't beat that!

We sailed the Dream last October and were directed to Enchanted Garden, but decided to go Cabanas instead, and it was pretty good. I, for one, wasn't impressed with the food on Disney at many of the restaurants anyway, but it was a decent buffet for the first day.

On the 3-night Dream last fall we were literally one of the first 20 people on the ship and they sent us to EG saying Cabanas wasn't ready yet. Not sure if that's typical or not. Also we saw that our dinner rotation was putting us in EG the night we had made reservations for Palo so we enjoyed being able to see EG at all since we would have missed it otherwise.

On the 3-night Dream last fall we were literally one of the first 20 people on the ship and they sent us to EG saying Cabanas wasn't ready yet. Not sure if that's typical or not. Also we saw that our dinner rotation was putting us in EG the night we had made reservations for Palo so we enjoyed being able to see EG at all since we would have missed it otherwise.
We boarded the Dream at 11:45 and they directed us to EG, but I said I really wanted to go to Cabanas. They said that was fine. Technically Cabanas isn't supposed to be open for lunch until 12pm, but when we got there at 11:50 there were already a few people going through the buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter