lunch in the castle?

We did this last year and really enjoyed it.

No characters(although you may see cinderella/fairy god mother/mice in the lobby).

The food was good, hot and timely. Service and atmosphere were great too. It was a little pricey but all the sit down disney restaurants are. It was a great mid day break from the parks.

We did it once for dh birthday. My view was of the elevator door. :D The food was hot and good, but I do feel they rushed you in and out. It was fun to see what the inside of the castle really looked like. We did briefly see cinderella getting out of the elevator. She was between her castle shows. Downstairs you could get your picture taken in the big throne chairs. However when we were there we encountered a "Lovely" grandma and grandpa who refused to move and share with anyone for picture taking purposes. Oh well. Its was fun to do once. Its not on my must do list, but might be in the future when I want a quieter lunch retreat. The 3 ds were glad they saw it, finally answered the question of what is really up there etc.

I took my Dad there for his B-day in February. We really enjoyed it. In fact, I'm going to take myself there for MY b-day on the next trip.

We enjoyed the atmosphere and the view of fantasyland. I told the CM at the podium that it was my Dad's b-day. When we were seated there were streamers and confetti on the table! What a nice touch.

My Dad got a kick out of everyone being called "my lord" and "my lady."

Dan was our server and did a great job. He even asked the chef about a particular sauce for me (it was yummy).

To look at the menu prices it does seem a little steep, but consider that the portions are very large (VERY) and you could easily split an entree and still have leftovers. I had the seafood springroll on the appetizer menu (soooo good) and could hardly even look at my Mariner Sandwich when it arrived because I was already so full. The sandwich and the sweet potato chips that came with it were literally falling off the large plate. I could have had half the sandwich for supper that night and the other half for breakfast the next morning.

Cinderella did happen to be in the lobby in her throne as we left after our meal. This was our last meal before heading to the airport and it was a fantastic way to end the trip!

Be sure to get a PS as soon as your date is available. Even lunch gets booked up pretty fast at the castle!

I've eaten there 4 times for lunch and love it! Although I have to say that if I ever got a view of the elevator door, I might change my mind. Twice I was right at the window, the other 2 times near a window. Always had the same meal-chicken caesar salad, so can't comment on other offerings.

Does Disney frown upon people sharing meals? I am not a heavy eater. I usually order salads, wraps, or some sort of chicken? I am hoping to get ps for my df and I during our honeymoon. Do you think we would be able to share a sandwich or other entree, and just get an appetizer as well. Any "light" fares you would suggest. I am hoping to get lunch ps, so I don't want a very heavy meal before going to the park. Any suggestions.

We really like the Castle for a late lunch. The food was quite good. We didn't feel rushed, but that could be due to the later time. We try to eat around 2ish. THen a heavy snack for dinner. A lot of people seem to share entrees. I wish my dh and I liked the same things.

We went last month (12:20 PS) and enjoyed it very much. We did not feel rushed at all, and Cinderella was in the lobby both when we arrived and when we left. We had a table near the windows. The food and service were very good. We would definitely go back. It was a bit pricey, but worth it.

We had a late lunch there last week, PS for 1:30. It was excellent. My husband had the beef pie, I had the salmon sandwich, my boys had chicken strips, it was all excellent. Cinderella was in the lobby when we arrived. She was soooo sweet, I was glad we got to meet her! My boys would not have been comfortable being approached by a bunch of princesses, so this was the perfect way to experience the castle. We did not have a "view" but it was still lovely.

Katy Belle

merndab4,

There is no problem sharing meals (except buffets, of course).

When I travel with my Dad or sister, we split an entree at almost EVERY meal. Disney portions are so large it just makes sense to share a few entrees when you can.

Your server will even bring an extra plate to make sharing easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter