Lunch in Epcot

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Patience, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Patience

Patience DIS Veteran

Our first day at WDW, we will be arriving that morning and should be to Epcot by lunch time. We will want to grab a quick service meal and then hit the attractions until our dinner that night at Tutto Italia (my 17 year old's pick). Where do you recommend for lunch? We will be back at Epcot later in the week for a full day (with a dinner ressie that day at Akershus). We want to eat somewhere near the front of the park so we don't have to walk all the way to the back when we first arrive. We are 2 adults, one teen and one 4 year old and we are adventurous eaters pretty much. Any ideas for something close to the entrance, delicious and quick?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Windsor Princesses

Windsor Princesses Mouseketeer

When we eat QS at EPCOT if it is still close to breakfast time we try for Sunshine Seasons, if it is closer to lunch we go the Electric Umbrella. We find both are good options, typical QS food at Umbrella and more adventurous choices at Sunshine. Free refills on drinks at Umbrella :)

4. tinka-belle

tinka-belle DIS Veteran

Nothing spectacular too close to the front of the park, but Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavillion is in Future World and is one of the better CS at WDW. Lots of variety, sandwiches, salads, several grilled plates, asian stir fry plates, an overall good selection from light to hearty meals.

Electric Umbrella is right by Innoventions, but has a limited menu and we consider it just OK. Worth the extra few minutes to get to Seasons.

5. Kae

Kae DIS Veteran

I gotta go with Sunshine Seasons too.

Kae

6. TotallyTink

TotallyTink Mouseketeer

Sunshine Seasons is pretty good. I like it better than Electric Umbrella. There is good variety of foods to choose from.

7. Quin

Quin DIS Veteran

In the front of the park = Future World, definitely Sunshine Seasons. Food is much better than Electric Umbrella.

But really, it's worth the walk to go back into WS. You don't have to go all the way around to get great food. Go towards the lagoon and turn left. First is Mexico and 2nd is Norway. Norway's TS is all princesses all day long, but their CS is a hidden gem IMHO. The CS options change pretty frequently because they include a sandwich (love the toasted ham, cheese, & apple!), a soup or salad, a drink, and your choice of one of their pastries for dessert.

Or turn right at the lagoon - after Canada comes England with good fish & chips (but only one measly shortbread cookie for dessert - bah!) and after that is France. The Patisserie, located deep within the building complex, has several hot & cold entree/sandwich options and the biggest choice of dessert pastries on the property. Only problem for me is trying to decide between the creme brulee and the napoleon.........

8. ilovejsparrow

ilovejsparrow <font color=darkorchid>Working on my degree so I c

I really like the variety and the food at Sunshine Seasons. That would be my pick too.

9. kathie859

kathie859 DIS Veteran

I'd go to Sunshine Seasons for the variety. There truly is something for everyone and for every appetite.:thumbsup2

10. Cdn Friends of Pooh

Cdn Friends of Pooh Certified Mousejunkie

Another vote for Sunshine Seasons! :thumbsup2

11. SPAM

SPAM DIS Veteran

Sunshine Seasons! Is there another choice?? It is the best and has real desserts!

12. nanni

nanni Mouseketeer

Another vote for Sunshine Seasons. Plus you can stop by and pick up Soarin' fast passes before lunch!

13. ars0525

ars0525 DIS Veteran

I can't tell by your ticker if you'll be there when F&W is going?

If so, they have a bunch of booths usually lined up in the front of WS for countries that don't have a "home base". I'd snack at some of those.

14. Mackie Mouse

Mackie Mouse Even my dog loves Disney

Another vote for Sunshine Seasons :) I went there this time based on all the good press it gets here on the DIS was wasn't disappointed! It's a welcome break from Disney's typical pizza/burgers/BBQ counter service offerings. And agree that the desserts are great! Easy to stop there while you send someone to grab fastpasses for Soarin', too.

15. Sugardimples

Sugardimples DIS Veteran

For many years I wouldn't eat at Sunshine Seasons because it was always so noisy and seemed chaotic. Then one day we did eat here and now I am sorry I missed this for all those years. The food is truly outstanding! There are so many options and everything is so good!

I especially like the Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad. And the Pork Chop meal! This is great CS food. It is very lacking in atmosphere, but, hey, you're in a theme park.

16. Glendamax

Glendamax <font color=blue>LOVES Old English Roses china at

Sunshine Seasons is my absolute FAVE! I don't mind the crowds. There is plenty of seating.

17. gometros

gometros <font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an

Sunshine Seasons' desserts are great too and count as a snack.

18. krb2g

krb2g DIS Veteran

Like many others, I'd go with Sunshine Seasons!

19. zuly

zuly DIS Veteran

Sunshine Seasons vote here but I cant imagine going to Epcot and not eating at WS , as pp said just both first countries at each side are great for lunch in fact when talking about lunch almost always we picked Mexico ( gotta ove those soft tacos and chips:lovestruc) and in Canada we always get our fix of fish and chips yuumooo!
    :hippie: