Lunch at Starring Rolls?

dixiedizfan

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had lunch at Starring Rolls, and if so, how was the selection? We'll be on the dining plan, and wondered if we could use it as a counter service meal. I also read that we could get the BD's grapefruit cake there. I've read many negative reviews (ours included) about CS dining at MGM, so wondered if Starring Rolls could be a better option ...

Well I've never eaten here but we are also planning on eating here with the DDP. And yes, you can use the DDP here. Out of our all our conterservice experiences at MGM only a couple have been horrible (ABC both times).

I know you used to be able to get the grapefruit cake at Starring Rolls, but I don't think they have it all the time.

We are going at the end of the month and want to try Starring Rolls for lunch, because we know it's going to be hot and a nice cool sandwhich will be nice for lunch. Plus my DS loves Focaccia sandwhiches and they have these on the menu.

We've eaten there several times, but our last trip in March was diappointing. We both (DD and I ) ordered the veggie wraps. While the grilled veggies themselves were good, there was way to much oil from the grilling and dressing combined and it made them very soggy, so the wrap itself was like a wet sponge. Perhaps it will be better another time, but I'd only try again if someone else gave it a positive review.

Now the Grapefruit cake, if you haven't had it, get it at least once, just to say you had it. You'll either love it or hate it.

Alan

We have not eaten lunch there but did have breakfast pastries and fruit. Everything was very good. The lunch items looked good. Maybe we'll try it too because MGM is the only CS meal I haven't decided on. Nothing looks very promising.

We had a good lunch there a couple of trips ago...I really like the outdoor seating, too.

I had a grilled veggies on foccacia sandwich that was excellent. DH had a smoked salmon bagel sandwich that he still raves about. DBIL had an awesome grilled steak sandwich. No complaints.

Definitely the place to go if you like lox and bagels. Not to mention the wide variety of tasty pastries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!