Luggage transfer quest from Movies to Poly.

maxsmom

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the All Star Movies on our arrival night. We are trying to decide how much to unload and if we should have them move our luggage. So if we have them move it we would call bell service at Movies and they'll come and get it? And we tip that person correct? Then they'll take it to the Poly and when we are ready for it we call for it? Then we tip that person correct? If we just take it with us the person at the Poly unloads it if our room is ready they take us and the luggage to our room and we tip them. If our room isn't ready we tip the person who unloads and the person who brings it correct? Sorry for all of the questions. I'm a bit rusty on this part. Thanks!

Yes you are correct?
Do you have your own car? If yes, I would take it myself. If you let Disney transfer it it will not be available to you until late afternoon, early evening. I like to have it when my room is ready so I can settle in

We always let them move our luggage but we don't have a car.
What I'd do in your case would mostly depend on what you plan to do on moving day.
If you want to make rope drop in the park, let Bell Services handle it all. If you are like us, by the time you make it to the 2nd resort the bags will be there so we don't care that it takes hours to move the bags. There isn't a room at the 2nd resort to settle in to that early either.
If you have a light morning with nothing planned then bring only the 1 night essentials in to the room on the first night and drive yourself to the 2nd resort and leave the bags either in your car or with bell services, whichever is easier.

We always let them move our luggage but we don't have a car.
What I'd do in your case would mostly depend on what you plan to do on moving day.
If you want to make rope drop in the park, let Bell Services handle it all. If you are like us, by the time you make it to the 2nd resort the bags will be there so we don't care that it takes hours to move the bags. There isn't a room at the 2nd resort to settle in to that early either.
If you have a light morning with nothing planned then bring only the 1 night essentials in to the room on the first night and drive yourself to the 2nd resort and leave the bags either in your car or with bell services, whichever is easier.

Thanks for your ideas!

I would only bring the essentials for the first night into the hotel room at Movies. Since you have a car, I would move the luggage myself the next morning and leave it with Bell Services at the Poly, and check in, even though you room probably won't be ready. Then your car, and luggage will be taken care of and you can hop the monorail and return later to the Poly after your day in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter