Luggage Service/Hotel Transfer

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Mr. Disney 652, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Mr. Disney 652

Mr. Disney 652 AK Opening Crew 1998 - Now DVC!

Can someone provide some info please. We are checking into Pop late next week for one night and then moving to AKL for a week. I heard that Disney bell services will transfer my luggage for me...how does that work? I don't have a car and will be using ME, so the only other option would be a taxi.

Thanks for any info!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. disney david

disney david DIS Veteran

When you check in just talk to the bell service so they can set up a time to pick up you bags and when you should get your bags at akl. It happens all the time because you will see vans from other resort and that what they are doing moving guest luggae around. The easiet to get you from pop to akl is what ever theme park bus get their first then take that and transfer or if the dtd bus comes take that and transfe to akl. And when you check into akl let them know so they can deliver them to your room not that they wont on thier own but it always good to triple check with disney.

4. Pakey

Pakey DIS Veteran

We just call bell services in the morning, about 30 minutes before we want to leave and tell them we want our luggage picked up and transferred. It's important to tell them you want them transferred because they use different tags for that (so that they know to bring the correct ones to your room).

We then go to the parks for the day and when we check in that afternoon at the new resort, we stop by bell services and ask them to deliver.

It's always been very easy.

If you want your luggage at the new resort before mid afternoon, you would have to transfer them yourself via taxi. They move your luggage but it's on their schedule, not yours. Cabs are pretty inexpensive.

5. HaleyB

HaleyB I am not a robot

If you have Bell Services pick-up the bags by 1p.m. they promise them by 4p.m. but you do have to call down from your new room to get them sent up. I always pack anything we might need that day in my carryon bag and bring it myself. If I am going to a park I just use a locker.

They will not arrange it ahead of time (anymore), they tell you to just call when you are ready to have the bags picked-up. We found it a much smoother operation this year than the last time we did it (I think that was 2.5 years ago).