Luggage Service Between Resorts

DizBub

Totally Addicted
We are moving from SSR to BLT. How is this done? Do you call to have your luggage picked up before you check out? Are you expected to tip when they pick it up? Are the bags delivered to the new room even if you aren't there?

Sorry for all the questions, we have never done this before. TIA.

I have never done this, but I understand it is pretty easy. Just call Bell Services to pick up the luggage in the AM of checkout, explaining where it needs to go. Do not expect it to arrive at the resort you are going to before around 3 PM-ish. Once you get your room at the new resort, you will need to call Bell Services to have the luggage delivered. You should tip both on pick up & drop off, otherwise someone gets stiffed. They will not deliver luggage if you are not in the room to accept it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

I've done it a few times but now I call a cab and transfer them myself because when one bag gets misplaced (as happened to us) a lot of time is wasted trying to determine where the bag went missing.

The process is very simple. At Resort A, call Bell Services from your villa and tell them you want pickup and tagging for movement to Resort B. They will know then to bring the correct tags to your room. They will tag each bag and give you a receipt for the total number of pieces.

You are expected to tip for the tagging of your bags.

When you get to Resort B and are in your room, call Bell Services and give them your receipt number. They will bring the bags to your room. Luggage is delivered in late afternoon so if you get into your room early, your luggage might not be there yet.

You are expected to tip for the receipt of your bags.

Thanks for the replies, it's much appreciated.

Ok, now for the tipping. How much? Would $5/$10 do or do you tip per bag? Maybe the cab would be better after all. ;)

I have never done this, but I understand it is pretty easy. Just call Bell Services to pick up the luggage in the AM of checkout, explaining where it needs to go. Do not expect it to arrive at the resort you are going to before around 3 PM-ish. Once you get your room at the new resort, you will need to call Bell Services to have the luggage delivered. You should tip both on pick up & drop off, otherwise someone gets stiffed. They will not deliver luggage if you are not in the room to accept it.

I've done it a few times and this is exactly how it works.

DizBub said:
Thanks for the replies, it's much appreciated.

Ok, now for the tipping. How much? Would $5/$10 do or do you tip per bag? Maybe the cab would be better after all. ;)

I would guess $1-2 per bag on both pick up & drop off -- depending on how much stuff you have to move.

I've done this numerous times and it's worked well. I usually tip $1 per bag.

I wouldn't find taking a cab any cheaper as I'd be tipping him as well for helping with the bags in and out of the trunk.

Bell services does a nice job of moving things from one resort to the other. The first time we did this, we took a cab to the second resort, but we let bell services move our luggage. We tipped about $1/bag. We have gotten very timely service at the second resort when we call for the luggage. The only reason we did the cab the first time was because we wanted to move our own electronics and we were going from AK to BLT and planned to go to MK anyway.

I've done this too. I checked at bell service prior to see how they handled it. We were at OKW and moved to BCV. They asked us to stop by the evening before checkout and make arrangements. We told them what time we wanted a pickup. We had to be in our room. They tagged each bag with the new destination. You tip on BOTH sides because you are dealing with two different sets of CMs. We generally tip $1.50-$2.00 a bag. Once you get your new room, then you call bell service to have your luggage delivered while you are in the room. Unlike DME, they will not deliver your luggage until you are in the room and call them. Like any luggage delivery, the bell service CM will be expecting a tip. Like others have said, you may be without your luggage most of the day.

We call Bell Services about 20 minutes before we plan to vacate our room. They will take all of your bags (we tip $1/bag) and give you a claim ticket. Once you are over at BLT later in the day call their Bell Services and they will bring your bags up. Once again..leave a tip!

At SSR, I've learned to call Bell Services and make an appointment rather than calling them when I'm ready. I guess because the resort is so spread out, and because they need to use carts and vans to move bags, there isn't always someone available when you start getting close to check-out time. I've even called as early as the night before to schedule the pick-up. (Learned this the hard way one year when we had to lug our bags ourselves from the Grandstand to the Disney's Magical Express stop because there wouldn't be anyone available until after our bus had departed.)

Other resorts will tell you to call back when you're ready for the bellman to come to the room, but SSR will schedule an appointment.

You need to be in the room when they pick up the bags, and you need to be in the room when you call down at the new resort to have them delivered. I typically tip both bellmen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter