Luggage question

mmtska

I dreamed of a wish and it came true!
I know that each person is allowed to bring 2 pieces of luggage. Does that mean including carry-ons? As right now we have 2 suitcases and a garment bag. I can't find my bigger suitcase, so we have 2 smaller ones. I was also going to bring 2 backpacks-DH has schoolwork he has to do on the cruise, and I want my camera and all that stuff. Plus we cant to bring a small roller bag with bathing suits, change of clothes and a bottle of rum. (you never know when the rum might be gone)

I know it sounds like a lot, and we might be able to pare it down, but can all of that be brought on? Or do I need to invest in a bigger suitcase to combine our 2....?

I know that each person is allowed to bring 2 pieces of luggage. Does that mean including carry-ons? As right now we have 2 suitcases and a garment bag. I can't find my bigger suitcase, so we have 2 smaller ones. I was also going to bring 2 backpacks-DH has schoolwork he has to do on the cruise, and I want my camera and all that stuff. Plus we cant to bring a small roller bag with bathing suits, change of clothes and a bottle of rum. (you never know when the rum might be gone)

I know it sounds like a lot, and we might be able to pare it down, but can all of that be brought on? Or do I need to invest in a bigger suitcase to combine our 2....?

You may take (onboard the ship) as many bags as you wish. DCL sends you 2 luggage tags per person in your cruise documents, but you can pick up more at the dock. You must store all our luggage in your room, so keep that in mind.

:cutie:

Ok thank you!! I'm pretty sure we'll be fine with storage. I think I read you can store them under the bed, and since that's where they are in our room.... Thank you!

Actually, the Terms and Conditions section at the DCL website does state that no more than 2 bags per person are allowed. That said I have never seen or heard of them refusing to take luggage onboard.

From the DCL site:

Baggage, Valuables and Other Possessions
Each Guest may bring aboard the ship a reasonable amount of clothing and personal effects without charge, not to exceed two bags per person. All Guest baggage must be stored in the Guest's stateroom and must be labeled with the Disney Cruise Line baggage tag. Dangerous or illegal articles such as weapons, explosives, oxygen, combustible substances or nonprescription controlled substances may not be brought to the Walt Disney World Resort or taken aboard the ship. Any such items shall be surrendered to the Master of the vessel at embarkation, and may be disposed of at the sole discretion of the Master. You should retain valuables such as cash, negotiable securities or other financial instruments, gold, silverware, jewelry, ornaments, works of art, photographic/video/audio equipment or supplies, laptop computers, cellular phones or other valuables in your personal control as Disney Cruise Line is not responsible for damage to or loss of these items.

MJ

See I thought that meant 2 checked pieces....Well boo

Ok because I'm super paranoid, I called and I was told 2 pieces of checked luggage and one carryon. I can bring a purse and a rolly carry-on, so I'll just shove my empty back pack/camera bag in that. Phew. Although I really do want to know where my big suitcase is....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter