luggage capacitty in a limo???

denas

Mouseketeer
I am afraid my nice-daughter-in-law efforts are going to cost me!! For various reasons having to do with our transportation from the ship back to the airport, I ended up saving some money so decided to splurge and surprise the kids with a limo from the airport to the cruise. There are 5 in my immediate family (2 adults, 8,4, and infant). We are cruising with my in-laws who live in Orlando and were planning on driving to the port. Because there are 3 of them and the limo can hold 8, I told them of my surprise and invited them to join us in the limo.

Now I am worried about the amount of luiggage - I didn't bother to check how much luggage the limo would carry!!! :confused3 I have no control over the amount of luggage my in-laws will bring but it seems like they have lots when the come visit us. Usually just one suitcase each but several carry-ons (breathing machine for my FIL, special pillows, large old-fashioned cosmetic bag for my MIL, etc.

I think I can get all of the stuff for five of us in 2 suitcases, plus one wheelie carry-on. But we will also have diaper bags and kids backpacks. I am worried if I have to go to 3 suitcases (garmet bag and 2 duffle bags) we won't all fit in the limo!!! :scared1:I can put stuff at the kids feet - the infant doesn't need any foot space and my kids are used to having their backpacks at their feet.

Any ideas if this will work??? My other idea is to just book DCL transport for one person, have DCL deal with 2 suitcases (I would bring 2 larger duitcases and know I can get everything in those) then not show up for the one person at the bus and all ride in the limo instead. I don't think they cross-reference who got on the bus with the luggage pick up since the luggage all goes to a separate spot at MCO. I think the $35 I would pay to have the luggage tranported would be a lot cheaper than a luggage van!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and I booked the Lincoln Stretch Limo with Happy Limo. They list the luggage capacity as 5 suitcases, 6 carryons. Other limo companies list the same limo as only accomodating 7 total pieces.

We always take a limo to the port. There are 4 of us and we usually end up with 5 suitcases and 2 or 3 carry-ons (plus wine and beer;)). Our luggage not only filled the trunk but one case went into the front seat with the driver and the carry ons were in the back with us.

A limo may hold 8 for proms or special evenings out but not for a trip.

We always take a limo to the port. There are 4 of us and we usually end up with 5 suitcases and 2 or 3 carry-ons (plus wine and beer;)). Our luggage not only filled the trunk but one case went into the front seat with the driver and the carry ons were in the back with us.

A limo may hold 8 for proms or special evenings out but not for a trip.

That's what I was afraid of. I can't un-invite my inlaws but will have to figure something else out. :headache:

Often the driver will put extras up in the front seat with him, too.
We've had a limo pretty crammed full of people, and a ton of luggage, and still been okay. I think we had to put some of the smaller carryons at our feet, but it worked.
We had 7 adults and 2 teenagers. :thumbsup2

Can you check if they have a larger Limo. We have a group of 12 and are renting a 18 Person Hummer Limo. I know a lot of the luggage will travel inside with us, but it was still cheaper than renting a bus.

We had the same issue when we cruised with our aunt and uncle. There was 3 kids & 4 adults. We could not fit all the luggage and the limo driver wasn't being forthcoming with solutions. He didn't even put any in the front seat. Luckily, the Disney moving truck was loading luggage to go to the ship. My dh begged him to take some of our luggage and he agreed. If he didn't take our luggage I'm not sure what we would have done. We had 8 pieces of luggage plus carryons or back pack plus a stroller for my kid.

Would you consider switching it to a larger passenger van?

Best thing to do is call the limo company and ask what the capacity is.
I know that some friends of ours, who had way too much luggage, had the limo company use another vehicle just to haul the luggage. But I think that probably cost them a tidy little amount.

Best thing to do is call the limo company and ask what the capacity is.
I know that some friends of ours, who had way too much luggage, had the limo company use another vehicle just to haul the luggage. But I think that probably cost them a tidy little amount.

Yes - so does a larger limo. Anyway, we didn't need the limo to begin with - my in-laws were driving and parking at the port so their luggage wasn't an issue. It was only after I saw that the limo could hold 8 passengers and there are only 5 of us that I decided to invite them. Since the point is the limo and not actually getting to port, I think I am just going to cough up another $35 for DCL transport one way so that our luggage will go with them. I could just kick myself for inviting the in-laws!!! We are actually paying for their cruise as an anniversary gift so I really didn't need to add the extra extravagance of including them in the limo ride - I just thought it would be nice. I should have checked that luggage thing first!!! Now everyone is excited for the limo so I'll have to make it work. Live and learn - this trip for 8 is already costing us so much what is another $35 to not have to deal with luggage:thumbsup2 On the bright side, we'll get to port faster since we won't have to wait at baggage claim at MCO.

I believe DCL wil move the luggage only for the price of one ticket on the bus, even if no one rides the bus. This has been reported here before. That would only help you with the way to the port.

Some of the limo/car companise have full size vans that can accomodate larger groups.

I don't know. I think you will fit. We had a stretch limo when we went to Europe. That thing was huge. Now, we were only a party of 6, including a 2 year old. We had SOOOOOO much room in the passenger cabin that we could have easily fit plenty of luggage in the cabin, even if we had be 8 people. Assuming you have a stretch (and you must if it fits 8) I think you will be fine. Going to Europe we had 5 large size suitcases, a stroller, a medium suitcase, 5 backpacks. I think some of our stuff went up front, but really, I am in the camp that you will be just fine. Worst case scenario, some of the adults hold stuff on their laps!

We are renting a stretch SUV limo. It will be pulling a luggage trailer. Weird, I know but at least we are in the limo! Not all companies can do that.

I don't know. I think you will fit. We had a stretch limo when we went to Europe. That thing was huge. Now, we were only a party of 6, including a 2 year old. We had SOOOOOO much room in the passenger cabin that we could have easily fit plenty of luggage in the cabin, even if we had be 8 people. Assuming you have a stretch (and you must if it fits 8) I think you will be fine. Going to Europe we had 5 large size suitcases, a stroller, a medium suitcase, 5 backpacks. I think some of our stuff went up front, but really, I am in the camp that you will be just fine. Worst case scenario, some of the adults hold stuff on their laps!

I like to think you are right and was hoping everyone would tell me how they all fit, but b/c a couple of posters mentioned probs, I think I will just book the DCL bus for one for $35 and not worry about it!! Thanks for the suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!