Low priced cell phone plan?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by JaxJags08, Jul 19, 2011.

1. JaxJags08

JaxJags08 DIS Veteran

My 1 year old daughter just killed my cell phone a few minutes ago, so now I need to start looking for a new one. Our contract is up with TMobile and I'm willing to switch companies if I can find a cheaper plan with similar coverage. Right now we have 2 lines sharing 700 minutes with 300 texts each for around $71 a month (unlimited nights/weekends). We don't care about data plans, but will take it if it's part of a really good deal. Any suggestions?

2. nowellsl

nowellsl <font color=purple>my car finds out everytime I ha

I just switched to a prepaid plan from Verizon in May. It's unlimited talk, text and web for $50 month. Phones are limited (only 3 to chose from) It's only offered in a few areas (they're testing it out right now) but I'm in north FL, and I think you are too aren't u? It's called Unleashed.

3. JaxJags08

JaxJags08 DIS Veteran

Yes, I'm in Jacksonville. I'm going on their site now. Which phone do you have and how's the coverage?

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. nowellsl

nowellsl <font color=purple>my car finds out everytime I ha

try www.verizonwireless.com/unleashed

I'm in Gainesville (GO GATORS)

I have a Pantech Caper (phone) I get excellent coverage, it's the verizon network. I have a sister in Jax (Julington Creek) and it's not so good for her. She can't get coverage in her house :confused3

It's a good plan for me, I didn't want to sign a contract. It doesn't cover more than one line though, I don't think. I was paying about what you were before for 700 minutes, 200 texts and 2 lines through Verizon before I switched. I didn't have web. The web is OK, it works for most text based sites, like facebook. It is limited, no Youtube or videos though. I don't use it much, except to update my facebook.

6. crazelion

crazelion <font color=blue>Form feet and legs...form arms an

Virgin Mobile has 300 voices minutes/unlimited text and data for 35.00 dollars.

ATT prepaid unlimited minutes/text/data 50.00 bucks a month

T-mobile will be own by ATT

Straighttalk unlimited minutes/text/data 45 dollars a month

Boost Mobile unlimited /data/ text

7. lisam427

lisam427 DIS Veteran

i asked this question a couple of months ago. following the advice of my fellow disers:thumbsup2 dd now has a cell through virgin mobile. for unlimited texting, web, data, and 300 minutes we pay $25 plus tax. listening to my advice,my sister also did the same thing but she got 1,200 minutes, unlimited text, data, and web for $40. her cell phone bill through verizon with the same options was costing her $120 a month. vergin moble is actually giving her more minutes of talk compared to verizon at $80 a month savings.

we are also able to travel using the phone. virgin mobile uses the sprint network. i highly recommend them and have saved so much money. we used to have a contract with verizon and it was so expensive. i wish i would have gotten virgin moble years ago.

8. jen22984

jen22984 Mouseketeer

We have Straight Talk (its a pre-paid plan) from Walmart. We have the $30 plan and it is 1000 minutes, 1000 texts, and 30MG of data. They also have an unlimited plan that is $45 (but we never come close to using 1/2 of the $30 plan).