low price hotel NEAR disney for family of 6 with fridge?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by AlexMaldonado, Feb 11, 2012.

1. AlexMaldonado

AlexMaldonado Mouseketeer

does anyone have any suggestions? we are looking to make a short trip for 1 week. we just want a fridge in the room. we all can crash on the floor. it should be clean, but that's about it. we are just going back to the room to sleep.

any suggestions?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeahA

LeahA DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Hawthorne Suites on Palm Parkway. It was a nice clean room with fridge, breakfast in the morning and a nice little pool. The price was pretty good too! :)

4. Beccabunny

Beccabunny Mouseketeer

When you say low-priced, how much do you want to spend? A two-bedroom suite at Staybridege Suites Lake Buena Vista will give you a full kitchen, plenty of beds and a sofa bed, so nobody would have to sleep on the floor. If you look around, you might be able to get a condo in Windsor Hills or Crestwynd Bay for under $100 a night, depending on what time of year you're going. There are plenty of great deals!

5. DisneyLoverUSA

DisneyLoverUSA DIS Veteran

We have stayed at the Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista for around $70 a night and it sleeps 6 with a full kitchen. (No oven) You also get a FREE hot breakfast buffet in the resort.

http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-orl...&nchild3=&nadult4=&nchild4=&nadult5=&nchild5=

Also if you Google "Villa direct" vacation rental homes you can rent a 4 bedroom vacation rental home with private pool, game room, full kitchen (it is a house) for less than $100 a night.

6. disneykittin

disneykittin Mouseketeer

If you go to hotels.com and search in Kissimmee, there are a lot of reasonable hotels. We always stay at Maingate Lakeside, it's only about $40-$50/night (the site sometimes says $33/night, but you have to factor in the 7.50/night surcharge). It's clean, has a fridge, and does the job of a place to lay your head at night! They also have a free shuttle service to Disney if you're interested in that. If you want to be to Disney World at rope drop it's best to take a cab for about $7 though...

7. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

8. AlexMaldonado

AlexMaldonado Mouseketeer

just checked with that quality suites. they quoted me 109 a night plug tax. bummer. i'll look into the other places.

9. noahcarter

noahcarter Earning My Ears

Check the mousesavers website for discounts on the Doubletree Suites in DTD. They sometimes run specials with rooms as low as $89. We stayed there in November. Their standard room sleeps 6 with two double beds in the bedroom and a pull out couch in the living room. There is a kitchenette with a small fridge, sink and microwave. I would stay here again.:)

10. Doogan

Doogan Mouseketeer

Go to TripAdvisor

You can search for hotels that are available for you dates, select price range, and amenities. I've been using TripAdvisor for about 7 years and have always found the reviews here very accurate and helpful.

11. thewigs007

thewigs007 Floridian

There are a couple of Home Wood Suites in the area. They offer a full kitchen as well. Great properties for family's.

12. thewigs007

thewigs007 Floridian

A property in the $100 range is an excellent rate for your size family (remember you have 6 ppl). You have to remember where you are (Orlando/Disney). You also need to consider what your are getting for the rate you pay.

13. spiceycat

the taxes for the hotels are 12% - so if you must stay under $100 - then the most you can pay is $88 - if the hotel has fees (which many do) then even less.

14. torinsmom

torinsmom <font color=red>I have someone coming to scoop<br>

You can get a hotel room for $40-$50/night if you use PriceLine, but you won't necessarily have a fridge. If I were going to pay more than $60/nt, I would go for a townhome/condo instead. The one I stayed at in Emerald Island(very close to Disney property) is only $560(tax, cleaning, everything included) for 8 nights for 3 bedrooms, full kitchen, and a pool right across the parking lot.

http://www.vacationhomerentals.com/vacation-rentals/Kissimmee-Florida-vacation-rental-townhouse-proID-42665.html

Or a 1 bedroom at Windsor Palms

http://www.vrbo.com/354050

Or something like this

http://www.vrbo.com/360743

15. Doogan

Doogan Mouseketeer

Actually, the OP could pay as much as $89.28 + 12% tax and still be $100 or less. Sorry, I'm a recovery mathematician.

16. spiceycat

hey understand - just wanted the op to understand that the taxes were not included in the rate.

17. dawnn12

dawnn12 Mouseketeer

I know you said a hotel but have you looked into a house some a resonable we got a five bedroom four bath house for 800 for a week (no sleeping on floors) and it has a full kitchen so you can eat meals at the house(cutting some of the cost) heres the link for the one we love and we loved it so much we just booked again for aug. i hope you have a great time no matter what you choose disney/fl is great.

http://www.vacationhomerentals.com/...lorida-vacation-rental-villa-proID-61533.html

18. mrzrich

mrzrich DIS Veteran

19. dancin Disney style

dancin Disney style <font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa

I second this....

Check on Mousesavers...there are deals for Buena Vista Suites. There is one that you pay the Mousesavers rate for the first night and then the next night is $69.

They do not charge a resort fee or for parking.

20. FayeW

FayeW DIS Veteran

I checked the mousesavers link for my dates, and the price was $109. per night. I just booked it on lastminutetravel.com for $90 per night and included the rental car. The total, including taxes and rental car came out to almost exactly what the mousesavers rate was for just the hotel.

21. sbb2012

sbb2012 Earning My Ears

Going for 9 days in June 2013 w/ hubby and 10 year old.

Looking for an affordable suite in a resort with a nice pool.

Which has the nicest pool to offer, and which has the easiest access to Disney?

Thanks so much!