Low Fat Recipes from Lauren!

FormrCastMbr

DIS Veteran
Sweet and Sour Chicken

4 - 6 chicken breast, trimmed of any fat
1 bottle catalina dressing (I use Ken's low fat french)
1 jar apricot preserves (I use polander all fruit)
1 package onion soup mix

Spray cooking pot with Pam. Place chicken on the bottom. Mix all other ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4 - 6 hours depending on how fast your pot cooks (I usually do 3.5 hours). Serve over rice...the sauce is yummmy!

***This recipe may be done in the oven as well. Put it all in the baking dish and bake at 350 for 45 - 1hr.

Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops (or chicken)

4 - 6 pork chops, I used boneless
1 large onion, diced
a couple dashes of ground thyme
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbs butter
3 tbs apricot preserves
2 tbs brown sugar (or maple syrup)
1/4 cup flour
salt, pepper and garlic powder
1/2 chicken or beef broth
3 tbs olive oil

In a saucepan, saute onions over med heat until soft and slightly brown (about 15 min). Add thyme, vinegar, preserves and sugar (or syrup). Simmer for 5 minutes.

Mix flour with salt, pepper and garlic. Dredge chops and brown on both sides in a pan with olive oil (about 5 min per side). Add broth and cover and simmer for 10 min. Remove cover and simmer another 5. Add onion mixture, cover and simmer another 10 minutes. Enjoy!

Here is the recipe I concocted last night. The boys really loved it. Since I made it up, it doesn't have a name, so I will do the honors!

Beer Chops

4 - 6 pork chops, trimmed of fat
2 onions, sliced
1 can beer (I used light)
3 tbs brown sugar
2 chicken bullions
1/4 cup hot water
3 cloves garlic, crushed
salt, pepper and whatever spices you would like (I used some adobo)
3 tbs cornstarch mixed with cold water
parsley for garnish

Place onions on the bottom of the crock. Place chops on top.

In a bowl, mix bullion with water to dissolve. Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Pour over pork.

Cook on low 4 - 6 hours. Remove chops, place on platter and cover and keep warm in 200 degree oven. Change crock setting to high and bring liquid up to boiling or almost boiling and stir in cornstarch mixture. Continue to cook and stir for about 15 minutes. Pour gravy over chops. Garnish with parsley. Serve with rice...its yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter