Low carb weigh in----

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by d4est, Sep 27, 2004.

1. d4est

d4est <font color=orange><b>The Tag Fairy is really Ghos

It seems like there are more WW people out there than LC'ers....

Anyway, I just wanted to do my week one report. I am doing Atkins, started last sunday 9/19 and had lost 7 pounds before that. My week one weigh-in...................8lbs!!!!:jumping1: Very excited.

This week is starting off well. Hope to keep it up! Are there many more LC'ers around?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Hollyann

Hollyann <font color=blue>ZJO for just today!<br><font colo

Congratulations! I'm a low-carber. I also am low fat. My doctor basically mixed the best of South Beach & Atkins and viola! Eating lifestyle!

4. d4est

Thanks for the reply and congrats. Glad to know I am not the only LC'er out there! How long have you been doing this? Good luck on your journey...

5. Hollyann

I've been LC since the day after Easter! So about 5.5 months. It's worked out really well. I've lost about 25 lbs....11 on WISH. This is such a great board - lots of encouragement and inspiration.

I've found, and heard from others, that you'll whoosh a lot of weight in the beginning as water weight sheds off and fat cells actually get smaller! You might stall for a bit, but keep at it.....it's worth it!

6. d4est

WOW! 25lbs, that is awesome! You've inspired me, thanks!

7. johde

johde DIS Veteran

Another LCer here. I started SB August 17 and Wish Aug. 30. I 've lost 25 lb. since starting Wish (just changed clippie today) and i think about 35lb. overall (unfortunately or fortunately don't know for sure since I didn't have a scale that could weigh myself until the 30th when the one I bought on Ebay arrived). I am about 20% of the way to my goal.

8. Hollyann

Wow! That's fantastic! Any favorite recipes or ideas?

9. johde

johde DIS Veteran

As far as recipes, I don't have any yet. I actually eat out alot because of my work schedule. I have found I don't miss the potato's and bread as much as I thought I would. My biggest weakness was Chocolate. I've found the Fat free sugar free fudge pops are good at keeping me on track. and at 45 cal. per pop, even 2 of them are not that out of line for a SB desert. Also, for me, going with pre portion controlled "treats" also help (like the fudge pops). That way you know what you are eating without measuring. I also just bought some of the sugar free Creamcicles Only 20 calories each and gives me a taste of Ice Cream.

10. d4est

More inspiration....very cool!