Low carb dessert recipe question...

Lisa L from MI

<font color=0099CC>Just call me the handing out ke
I am looking for something to make for a "dessert" with jello.

I found one that you use S/F jello, heavy cream and artificial sweetner. Now, all these ingredients have 0 carbs.....why is it that the counts for most of the recipes that I found with these things have a carb count?????

I am VERY confused:confused: :confused:

Because one serving of these things may be less than .5 grams of carbohydrates but when you add them all together the carbs add up.

If something is less than .5 grams of carbs then they can list the carb count as 0 on the label. That is how I understand it, anyway.

Thanks....I think I am going to make it......I need something sweet!!

I like to whip up that heavy cream with Splenda and put it on my sugar free jello, it is scrummy :teeth:

How exactly do you make yours?

The recipe I found says
1 sm box sugar free jello
1 cp heavy cream
4 packets sweetner

Beat cream with mixer til fluffy
add sweetner

Prepare jello according to the "quick set" instructions. When the ice cubes have melted (while the jello is still liquid). pour into the cream and beat with mixer on high for 3 minutes. Pour into dishes and put in fridge for 30 minutes

Actually...

Heavy cream has 6.6 carbs per cup.

Splenda packets are just under 1 gram per packet.

Splenda granular (in the box) has 24 grams of carbs per cup.

About the only "free ride" you're going to get with low carb is meat... that's pretty much 0 carbs. :) Heck, even eggs have .6 carbs per large egg.

I know about the meat....I am just craving sweet and something different!!!
I have been low carbing for 10 months now and have lost 50 lbs.....would like another 15-20

Redi Whip (the wonderful whip cream in the can) amazingly has less than a gram of carbs per serving. I use this on SF Jello to satiate my sweet tooth. You should also try the Atkins Advantage bars for the chocolate cravings. They are VERY tasty!!

:p

Also try the cheesecake recipe we discussed elsewhere, I served some to my employees at my Sara Lee store, and they all said I should sell it there!!!

:)

If you are past the induction phase the carbolite chocolate candy bars are very good. My husband's favorite is the chocolate truffle.

I have actually followed my own "low carb" diet. I just limit them and have totally eliminated the obvious....potato, rice, noodles, most fruit, bread (I may have 1 slice a week)...etc. I just try to keep myself under 20 or 25. I do have the atkins book that I refer to every once in a while (actually just lent it to my mom).....
Somedays more, somedays no carbs practically at all.
It's worked well for 10 months now (and I usually cheat a little on the weekends) and don't deprive myself if I want a beer or 2 or 3 or.........I love Michelob Ultra!!

I was at my plateau for about 2 months and didn't budge....but all of a sudden I have started moving again....so I am happy.

I don't know why I just rambled..but anyway....I just think those "low carb" bars are just too high for me.......

****BTW...I made the jello and cream stuff and have it chilling in the fridge now....the beaters were good...just hope it gets a little thicker...it seems so thin***
Thanks guys!!!!!

My husband eats these candy bars everyday. They are sweetened with maltilol which is a sugar alcohol. So, they aren't really like 19 grams of carbs, you only count the impact carbs and the highest number of impact carbs I've found in this candy is 1.2. One of his favorites is the crispy caramel bar and that has 0 impact carbs.

And the reason I know for sure that these candy bars have low impact carb counts is because my husband is diabetic and checks his blood sugar frequently during the day. Anything more than 5 impact carbs sends his blood sugar soaring and these candies don't do that to him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter