Loved, loved, loved Coronado Springs!

cmsnyder77

Mouseketeer
My DD and I have definitely found our new favorite resort! Just returned from a 9 night stay and I'm so glad we tried it.

Here are the reasons why we loved it:

1) As you can tell from the pictures, it is absolutely beautiful.

2) The bus service is far superior to that of the other resorts we've stayed at (Pop and POFQ) and also better than other resorts we've visited. I'd even venture to say I'd prefer it to the monorail. The experiences we had on the monorail this trip were not positive, with huge crowds and frequent delays. The only time the buses were packed were at MK closing and on a MK EMH morning. It was rare that anyone had to stand. We also never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus, it was usually more like 5 or less.

3) We loved our room location. I received the section I had requested - Casitas 4. I mainly chose this for the proximity to bus stop #2, and was so glad I did. We could see the bus stop from our room. Being stop #2, we were the first picked up and the first dropped off, a big plus when you are tired and hot. I did not find the walk to the Dig Site or the main bldg. overwhelming. It was a very pleasant walk. I much preferred being close to the bus stop than to the pool or food court, as we spent a lot more time travelling to and from the parks than walking to the pool or main bldg.

4) It's a quiet resort. It wasn't until the last 2-3 nights that we ever heard any noise from our neighbors, and this consisted of kids yelling while coming back to their room around 11:30 at night. Nothing to complain about.

5) Great pool. My DD loved it, of course.

Can't think of any negatives at all about CSR. We only ate at Pepper Market twice, so I can't critique it very well. I'm not sure that I would prefer its setup to a traditional food court, but it was fine.

Thanks to everyone that provided info about CSR that helped me choose to stay there. Whenever we return to WDW, it will be our first choice!

Sounds like a great resort, we are going for the first time in September and chose Allstar Movie, but I have been looking for next year and I thought about Coronado, Im glad you enjoyed it~!

CHILLS....We leave in 28 days and we are staying at the CSR.
I am so pumped.

Thanks for getting me MORE excited.

Glad you enjoyed it! I hopped over there to the pepper market tonight for dinner and it was not a disappointment:thumbsup2 Casitas 4 is my fave location as well!

Isn't it just the greatest mod ever???? I love it there, however it seems that alot are finding out how great it is to stay there....uh-oh, the secret might be out:listen:

My wife and I will be staying at CSR in September. I've been to WDW about 14 times, but this will be my first extended stay at CSR and I don't know quite what to expect. Your review is getting me even more excited. CSR wasn't our first choice, if it's good as this review and the reviews of so many others have said, it might be our first choice from here on out.

Why can't it be September now?

I stayed at CSR in Dec 06 with my DS & DD. It was a last minute trip and CSR was the only resort where our TA could find a good deal. When I had looked at resorts I didn't think I would like CSR because of the theming. Well - that all changed when we arrived. It was decorated for Christmas and was just beautiful! I agree with the bus service. It was great and the travel time to the parks was so short :thumbsup2
We are going again this Dec (along with my DH this time) and are staying at CSR. My husband said from the beginning of planning this trip that he wanted to stay at CSR since he has heard us brag about it for a few years now.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed it also:cool1:

cmsnyder - Welcome back and glad to see you enjoyed your stay!!

Everyone - hope you fall in love with the resort when you get there as we did on our trips.

We stayed there for a conference in August 2006, and loved it. The pepper market was pretty good actually, I ate there every day for lunch before I skipped out on my afternoon session to go to the parks and meet the family. :ssst:

Thanks for the review!
We will be there in September for 10 days and I am sooooo excited!:yay:

Great review! We are booked there for October. I have been waffling thinking of a way to stay at Poly and spend way too much $$$. But I'm going to stcik with a moderate and CSR looks great.

we are big pop fans so this will be our 1st stay @ CSR in Jan. i'm writing down the name of the bldg. you stayed in. i will be so overwhelmed by the resort, i know pop blindfolded. we are looking forward to it and i know our dd will love the pool too!!
thanks for the info!
mousiemom

I hope to have close to the same experience in Dec. My last stay there wasn't so good. We were not close to anything. We were in Casita 3, halfway between bus stop 1 and 2. The dig site was not close either. I'm hoping for Cabanas 9B, but that will depend on what is under rehab while we are there. If it is then I may ask for Casita 4 or 5.

We got back less than a month ago. Very nice grounds, terrific pool, & we loved the Pepper Market. Since we were on the dining plan, the Pepper Market counted as a counter service location. Instead of a burger or chicken strips for lunch, we had steak, stir fry, or Mexican food. Really a good deal.
Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter