Loved Fastpass+

stevevm

Mouseketeer
2 days into our trip and it's been great.
Arrived yesterday at 1, had a BOG fastpass at 1:10.
Rode small world standby, our traditional first ride.
While in line the ride shutdown due to the weather for an hour.
Enchanted tales with belle fastpass
Philarmagic standby
Carousel of progress standby
Voyage of the little mermaid fastpass
Dumbo standby
7 Dwarves fastpass
Back at the resort by 7

Today we started at the welcome show,
Did every ride and show except 7 Dwarves, splash mountain, teacups and stiitch.
All before dinner at 5 at whispering canyon cafe.
Used 6 fastpass.
Rained from 10-4 and the mine train was closed most of the day.

Being able to schedule your time and ride is better than getting a trimester that u don't want that u can't change

Had a another great day at MK today.

We rode 20 rides had 5 character meet and greets, watched 2 shows and the festival of fantasy parade.

And we were back at POP Century by 7:30.

We used 9 Fastpasses.

We rode 7 dwarves and met Anna and Elsa, booked those at 60 days out.

Only ride we didn't ride was space mountain, but we did ride big thunder twice.

I would recommend for MK to book FP earlier in the day.
We rode buzz at 11:20 with FP and started booking extra passes then.
Most of the non mountain rides were available for FP within minutes of booking while rides had 25-45 min waits.
Even lucked into booking big thunder for a 3:30 FP at 2:30.

Now for Epcot and Hollywood studios book FP for the big rides when u want because ur not getting the big ones a second time.

At 11:05 at HS RnR and toy story were gone when I had my 4th available to book.
At 11:10 at Epcot soarin, test track and character spot were gone.
At both of those parks most other rides were available throughout the day.

We go to AK tomorrow, so hopefully we can ride the safari with a 4th FP.
We go at rope drop and have a 11:00 FP planned

Sometimes I think ignorance is bliss. DH and I took our 6 year old Granddaughter to Disney 2 times in 2012. We went the last week of May the 1st time and then in November the second time. Stayed onsite at POFQ and in Nov. stayed at offsite at Bonnet Creek.

Not once did we use a Fast Pass to get on a ride. We were never in the parks before 10:00 am and honestly, the longest line we stood in was for a character meet and greet at Epcot. We just went to the parks and wandered to the various rides and took it all in. If a line was too long we just wandered over to some other attraction. I imagine there were some rides/attractions that we missed but nevertheless we all had a wonderful time and enjoyed all the parks very much.

I have flights now to return in May 2015. This time we will be bringing our Grandson as well as our Granddaughter. Unfortunately I have been reading many unfavourable reviews about the FastPass system and wondering if it will have a negative effect on our days at the park.

Haven't totally decided whether to stay onsite or not yet. I'm a little leery of staying onsite and having to depend on the MB working properly.

After reading so many threads and reviews on The MB, I find myself overthinking this next vacation.

Oh, I did forget to mention that we did have a FastPass for the ride "Soarin" thanks to a family that offered us their passes on their way out of the park! We were very thankful. lol

Sometimes I think ignorance is bliss. DH and I took our 6 year old Granddaughter to Disney 2 times in 2012. We went the last week of May the 1st time and then in November the second time. Stayed onsite at POFQ and in Nov. stayed at offsite at Bonnet Creek. Not once did we use a Fast Pass to get on a ride. We were never in the parks before 10:00 am and honestly, the longest line we stood in was for a character meet and greet at Epcot. We just went to the parks and wandered to the various rides and took it all in. If a line was too long we just wandered over to some other attraction. I imagine there were some rides/attractions that we missed but nevertheless we all had a wonderful time and enjoyed all the parks very much. I have flights now to return in May 2015. This time we will be bringing our Grandson as well as our Granddaughter. Unfortunately I have been reading many unfavourable reviews about the FastPass system and wondering if it will have a negative effect on our days at the park. Haven't totally decided whether to stay onsite or not yet. I'm a little leery of staying onsite and having to depend on the MB working properly. After reading so many threads and reviews on The MB, I find myself overthinking this next vacation. Oh, I did forget to mention that we did have a FastPass for the ride "Soarin" thanks to a family that offered us their passes on their way out of the park! We were very thankful. lol
It's easier than you think to deal with the fast passes. For sure the one issue is there are now lines where there previously wasn't lines for certain rides. And I have been 3 times with the MB's and have yet to have a problem.

I think a lot of problems people have had with FP+ has been mis-information or a lack of their own research. I absolutely loved it both trips I've used it on, had no issues whatsoever and I love the fact that if the ride is down during your slot they will tell you via the DME and you get allotted another FP+ for any of the tier one rides during park opening hours, so no traipsing over to Splash Mountain to find it down, it went down on the Rock Your Disney Side event and I received a notification while walking through Frontierland letting me know I had a FP+ valid until 5.59am (lol) So I stopped and watched Flights of Fantasy instead.
I would get them in early for your park of choice when booking them, that way they are used up and you can do more in the same park or hop to another park and get some there. If you change your mind they are not set in stone and they can be changed using the app, it really is all very simple and I cannot understand the issues people are having understanding it, for me it is way better than the old paper FP, especially for the top rides, no more running (or walking fast in my case) at rope drop for Soarin' ot TSM. Bliss.

It's easier than you think to deal with the fast passes. For sure the one issue is there are now lines where there previously wasn't lines for certain rides. And I have been 3 times with the MB's and have yet to have a problem.

I'm more concerned about the lines for single riders that groups go in thinking they will get on quicker, times on these lines are now almost as long as Standby and they will try and get on together, TT is a classic example, groups in SRL really slow it down and I wish they would stop doing it, two or three queuing together maybe as long as they are happy to get on separately, but, I regularly saw groups of 6 or more and whole families do it, crazy.

I have a question for people who have been in the parks this summer. How is the availability of fp's for rides that day? Are you able to switch your fp times around when you are in the park, or are all the time slots filled up? I know the headliners will always be filled, but how about the other attractions. When we were at WDW last Dec, Jan and March, it was easy to go into the MDE app while I was in the park and switch around my fp's, some for times that were just five minutes away. But that was when only Disney resort guests had fp+. Now everyone has it. I just wondered if it was still easy to switch a fp during the day you are there.

Thanks for posting some positive experiences concerning the use of FastPass. With two Grandkids in tow I want this next trip to be as convenient and easy as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter