Lovebugs at SAB in August, give it to me straight!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DisneyDreamer1974, Apr 26, 2013.

1. DisneyDreamer1974

DisneyDreamer1974 Mouseketeer

We are heading to the Yacht Club in August. The third week to be exact. Just wondering if love bugs will impact our visit there, especially with SAB. I don't want to spend this type of money for SAB and get there and not be able to enjoy the pool area that the Beach/Yacht Club are so famous for because of the lovebugs.:crazy2: This is a deal breaker for me, no joke.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Kim1964

Kim1964 <font color=teal>Was intimidated by her bug, but d

We go almost every August around the same time as you are planning, and I've never had a problem with lovebugs at SAB.

4. trekker93

trekker93 DIS Veteran

They are not usually bad in August, just annoying. They mainly fly around and land on white colored items. In Sept. when we go a lot, it can be very annoying with thousands mating!!! I even swallowed a pair one year ! Yuck! :surfweb:

5. jw50

jw50 <font color=purple>I might make it sound more emba

We have been four times that week of August and I don't think I ever saw any love bugs (actually they are flies, not bugs ;) ). They usually show up the second half of September. And they are only a nuisance when they are swarming/mating, they are completely harmless (except to the paint on your car).

6. scjo68

scjo68 DIS Veteran

I agree with PP's. We have gone the third week of August several times. I have never noticed bugs. Mostly birds and little lizards.

7. DisneyDreamer1974

Ok, ya'll are making me feel better. Just worried they might come in during that time frame.

8. John's Mom

John's Mom Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Started seeing lovebugs in Central Florida about a week ago.

May and September are the usual months for lovebugs.

9. DisneyDreamer1974

Not real worried about seeing them, I just don't want to be there during the full blown force of it. If they are just starting to emerge when we are there, we can deal with that. And I am going to be borrowing my parents newer car to drive down there and it is WHITE! I don't want any type of damage to it because of these pest! Plus, paying good money for SAB is my other issue as well.:thumbsup2