Love to party, but where to get mellow on the Wonder?

rejobako

We're booked on the Wonder in May as a birthday present for our 5-year old daughter. No doubt she's going to have fun, and we're looking forward to having fun with her.

Responses to my thread yesterday leave us assured that she's also going to enjoy the Oceaneer Club and will probably want to spend some time there too with the various activities, etc.

So, while she's in there in the afternoon/evenings, I'm wondering what some of you can tell me about more laid-back environments/activities available for adults. I'm sure we'll check out the dance/comedy clubs, etc.; but we'll also want to find someplace nice and comfortable where we can hold hands, talk, listen to some jazz or a piano player, maybe do a little people watching. The brochures and promotional info understandably focus on the shows and clubs, but I'd like some more info on how to mellow out between partying.

With that in mind, anyone have any recommendations for cozy spots on the ship where we can unwind a bit?

Thanks in advance for any advice . . .

My favorite place was the Cove. You can watch TV, listen to music with the headphones or just cozy up on the couch with a good book. It was never crowded and the smell is divine!
Deck 4 has the cushy lounge chairs you can relax on outside, very quiet.
The Cadillac lounge is a nice relaxing nightclub. They have a piano and singer, it's dark and romantic.

My DH and I love to go to the Cadillac Lounge. Very romantic! :love: Normally, there's a piano player, soft lighting, and great drinks.

We also enjoyed the Cove Cafe for a quiet cup of coffee. Not romantic, but relaxing. :drinking1

Don't forget dinner or brunch in Palo. You can also drop by for a drink at their bar. :)

Cheryl/Jenny: Thank you both. I'm glad to hear that Cadillac Lounge still has a jazzy atmosphere; no doubt we'll check out the Cove as well. And I hadn't heard that Palo had it's own bar; we'll definitely have to head up there well before our reservations to sip something.

Thanks again! :goodvibes

The main decks themselves tend to clear out later in the evening. Between little ones who have run until they dropped, and the not-so-little ones who ran around behind them cleaning up, it seems the majority of people tend to migrate back into their cabins by 11:30 or so. Might not be the easiest thing with a 5-year-old, but if you're looking for a quiet walk, that's what I'd suggest.

*Raises hand and votes for deck 4* Also deck 10 after sunset is very peaceful.........

If you want a drink AND a good laugh, go to Diversions on the last night to see the staff "skit". It is pretty wild, but hysterical in my opinion.

Anne

luvsTink......I agree with the "Diversions Skit" it's the last night on the 7 nighters at about 11:00 p.m. Don't miss it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter