Love bugs now?

antkim

<font color=teal>"Easy to love"<br><font color=dee
Just realizing it is love bug season and we go tomorrow. Curious if they are in the WDW area now? EWWW LOL

I had to look up what love bugs are, and the picture on the wikipedia page is a Disney World bus stop covered in them. Ha! Good luck with that. :crazy2:

~Cari~ pluto:

We just got back on Saturday and they were there. Not really bad, but they were there. They don't hurt anything you know. Our 8 year old had fun
trying to catch them in her hands while we were in lines.

We just got back on Saturday and they were there. Not really bad, but they were there. They don't hurt anything you know. Our 8 year old had fun
trying to catch them in her hands while we were in lines.
But were there swarms of them or just here and there. I was in Vero Beach a few years ago in May and we could not even order food because there was SO SO many you could not stand outside especially around the restaurant outside. Were there tons at the hotel?

But were there swarms of them or just here and there. I was in Vero Beach a few years ago in May and we could not even order food because there was SO SO many you could not stand outside especially around the restaurant outside. Were there tons at the hotel?
We did not witness any swarms at all.

I honestly had no clue what these things looked like, but in my mind I was picturing a cute little ladybug...well after googling love bugs, now I know what they look like and OMG Im totally grossed out! We leave for the world on May 16th and Im now completely paranoid about these freakin bugs! Im a complete wuss when it comes to bugs, spiders and all sorts of insects. Do these things land on you?

We just got back Friday and I got to see the love bugs after reading about them. They remind me of milkweed bugs or lightning bugs (fireflies), both of which we have here in MD. I knew they were love bugs because there were usually two attached. There weren't too many. I did see one family totally freak out about them. I'm sure they would have bothered me if there were more of them:)

Just an FYI, they are attracted to the color white, so if you are wearing white you may be a target.

We just returned on Saturday and the only place I really noticed them was at the Magic Kingdom. But they weren't bad at all.

Have a great trip!

Just an FYI, they are attracted to the color white, so if you are wearing white you may be a target.

I totally agree with this. Been to WDW a couple times while they are out. And yes they do land on you especially if wearing white. Saw a swarm of them on the Boardwalk during one of my May BCV trips. Whole side of the building covered in them. Freaked me out. Yes they dont hurt you but bugs in general freak me out. Hey.... "It's tough to be a bug" at least around me!

I totally agree with this. Been to WDW a couple times while they are out. And yes they do land on you especially if wearing white. Saw a swarm of them on the Boardwalk during one of my May BCV trips. Whole side of the building covered in them. Freaked me out. Yes they dont hurt you but bugs in general freak me out. Hey.... "It's tough to be a bug" at least around me!
:crazy2: Yuk! I will NOT be wearing anything white!!!!! Thanks for the heads up, I was going to pack several white shirts.

Kind of forgot about love bug season when we moved our dates from August to end of May/early June. I am bringing someone with a pretty huge bug phobia -- good to know about the white clothes, and I guess I just have to cross my fingers that they'll have died down and won't be swarming us. :crazy2:

Oh dear! :crazy2: Up here in the Pacific Northwest we have some odd bugs, but I've never seen anything like those I Googled! My daughter @flibberjibit also has a bug phobia and now I have to figure out some lovebug free months to go. :scared:

Last edited:
I know that they can do damage to a cars paint if you do not wash them off regularly:( Lovebugs usually only stick around for about three weeks and are most active when temperatures spike from mid-morning to early evening. Some years it's not so badd and some there's tons of them.

We're now thinking that 3rd week of July (will be my 41st birthday) or early October might be better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter