LOVE BUGS Late September?

lknight930

Earning My Ears
So poking around to plan out our vacation after I booked our 2nd Disney trip (Septemeber 22nd-27th) I noticed millions of thread about the millions of love bugs that invade WDW. I kind-of remember seeing them last year when we visited mid may (12th-18th). Just curious if they tend to be worse in September than May. We are traveling for my daughter's 4th birthday...and well a 4 year old little girl and SWARMS of bug doesn't seem like a good combination to me. The way some people make it sound like that you are constantly walking through clouds of these little buggers.....it just seems like a nightmare:eek:

Now I am totally fretting our vacation instead of looking forward to it. Argh...

HELP!

We were there in late September a few years ago and there were love bugs, but no SWARMS. They fly around and look a bit bigger because there are usually two stuck together (hence the term love bug). They don't sting, they aren't aggressive in any way and after figuring out what they were, they didn't bother me, DH or my then 5 y/o at all.

No worries! pixiedust:

I went late September back in '07 and the only place I saw them the most was Hollywood Studios park mostly in the area around TOT.

I saw a few at my resort but they weren't that bad and the trip was so long ago I barely remember them. I only vaguely remember them being annoying at one of the bathrooms in Hollywood Studios.

I have a small bug phobia but honestly when I'm out having a good time they are easy to ignore. Love bugs are harmless(except to cars from stuff I've heard) and dumb.

We went last year the 3rd week in Sept. They were there. Seemed like alot looking at our SUV that was white :rotfl2: Seen some standing in line waiting on the buses but not to terrably alot. We never saw any at the parks though. We are going back this year the same week. If they are like they were last year then it will be A-OK.

We went the last week in September last year and I don't remember seeing them at the parks. But they covered our door, so we'd quick unlock it and run inside. We had a few in the room but nothing that was too terrible.

We went the last week in September last year and I don't remember seeing them at the parks. But they covered our door, so we'd quick unlock it and run inside. We had a few in the room but nothing that was too terrible.

Where did you stay? Thanks everyone for your replies!!! It's greatly appreciated:)

:cool1:

Doing a happy dance! Seems like it's going to be similar to what we experienced last year. Gosh! I had no idea what those bugs were when we went! I just chalked it up to a FL thing...it's hot so of course there's going to be bugs. Who knew!

Thank you! Thank you!

We've done early October and there were quite a few (no swarms and only really around the pool); we did late September last year and there were very few that we noticed at all. They really don't bother us and we've never noticed them in the parks

I do think that the threads on these bugs, as with anything, can easily be blown out of proportion. My daughter really doesn't like bugs of any description, but only occasionally commented that they were "annoying" when we did our October trip in 2010. (We were at POFQ both years)

When in September are you going?

We're doing another September trip this year too :cool1:

We saw a few at are hotel (All Star Movies) during our trip in late Sept 2009. No swarms, just a few flying around. The worst day was when we all had on white t-shirts. I've learned since then that they love white things. Wish I had know that before hand :lmao:

We saw a few at are hotel (All Star Movies) during our trip in late Sept 2009. No swarms, just a few flying around. The worst day was when we all had on white t-shirts. I've learned since then that they love white things. Wish I had know that before hand :lmao:

That reminds me, the reason I remember Hollywood Studios having them is I got an ice cream cone(I think it was frozen yogurt though) and it was vanilla. One landed on it, it was hot that day and I was hungry so I flicked it away and kept eating. :P Almost dropped it though because it startled me, they don't actually fly they kind of float so I didn't even know it was a love bug till I noticed it moving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter