Louisiana DVCers!!!

Our home resort is AKV (Kidani). We are going to be there May 19th thru the 25th. We are bringing our whole brood with us for a grand total of 12 (includes two boyfriends and three grand babies). We are SO excited!!

I am originally from Braithwaite (I know, not many have heard of it:)). But we have been living in Slidell since 2000. I hope to meet up with all of the Louisiana DVC'ers sometime. Oh what fun we would have. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

disfountainofyouth said:
DW and I are heading down for our first FW 9/28-10/2. This will
be our first trip with no kids as we're celebrating our 25th.:cool1:

Happy belated Anniversary!!

wehavesix said:
Welcome! We live in Monroe. Love our DVC! Our next trip is also in May. We are staying at OKW for a couple of nights then going on a 4 night cruise on the Dream. Then we will be back at OKW for a few more days.

I would love to do a WDW along with a cruise!! Hopefully that will be in the near future!!

kphamousbr said:
We are DVC members since 2000 from Baton Rouge, and our home resorts are Boardwalk & OKW . We just came back home three weeks ago after one week at the World and plan to return WDW this Memorial weekend . Hope to see all Louisiana DVCers at WDW near future . Have a magical evening .:cool1:

Looks like we will just be missing each other. Hope you have a fabulous time!! Maybe our trips will overlap next time. :)

We have just made reservation for 6 nights during new year 2014 . Purchased premium passes at discount rate for DVC members , and will use it for upcoming this summer trip . Hope to see you at the World . :cool1::banana:

We leave for WDW on Friday. I am SO ready for this trip! When you make reservations and they ask if you are celebrating anything special, I always have to say no. But this trip, we have many things to celebrate. Our 41st anniversary, Mardi Gras, Valentines Day and my husband's birthday. This is going to be a great trip! pixiedust:

Hi, everyone!

We are new to DVC. We live in Springfield, LA. We bought in to OKW and have our first DVC trip reserved for May 5-12 at OKW, studio. We are SO excited!! We also have a trip reserved for Oct 5-12 at OKW, one bedroom.

We'll be celebrating our belated 2nd anniversary (November) - we late honeymooned in May & then 1st anniversary in May & now I guess the celebration's just on that schedule. LOL

It's nice to see other Louisiana Dis'ers & DVC'ers on here.

Hi, everyone!

We are new to DVC. We live in Springfield, LA. We bought in to OKW and have our first DVC trip reserved for May 5-12 at OKW, studio. We are SO excited!! We also have a trip reserved for Oct 5-12 at OKW, one bedroom.

We'll be celebrating our belated 2nd anniversary (November) - we late honeymooned in May & then 1st anniversary in May & now I guess the celebration's just on that schedule. LOL

OKW is a wonderful location. We'll also be at OKW in October so we can go to Epcot for F&W. We did it last year and had a great time walking around eating and drinking (more eating than drinking, though). We've owned at OKW since 1997.

Hi we live in Zachary and just bought our DVC. We're planning to go the first full week of October this year. We own at SSR. Going to try to get BLT, but will be happy wherever so long as we're on property!

Camping Cat said:
We leave for WDW on Friday. I am SO ready for this trip! When you make reservations and they ask if you are celebrating anything special, I always have to say no. But this trip, we have many things to celebrate. Our 41st anniversary, Mardi Gras, Valentines Day and my husband's birthday. This is going to be a great trip! pixiedust:

Happy Anniversary! Happy Mardi Gras! Happy Valentine's Day! Happy Birthday to your hubby!! Have a wonderful trip!
:)
~ Laura

scooby9932 said:
Hi, everyone!

Have a wonderful trip!

snarlingcoyote said:
Hi we live in Zachary and just bought our DVC. We're planning to go the first full week of October this year. We own at SSR. Going to try to get BLT, but will be happy wherever so long as we're on property!

I second that emotion!

Thanks, y'all! I hope everyone enjoys their Disney vacations.

Snarling coyote - I just moved from Zachary 2 years ago. Lived just north of town (Old Scenic Hwy) most of my life.

goofygurlie said:
Our home resort is AKV (Kidani). We are going to be there May 19th thru the 25th. We are bringing our whole brood with us for a grand total of 12 (includes two boyfriends and three grand babies). We are SO excited!!

I am originally from Braithwaite (I know, not many have heard of it:)). But we have been living in Slidell since 2000. I hope to meet up with all of the Louisiana DVC'ers sometime. Oh what fun we would have. :)

I think Isaac put Braithwaite on many, many of maps!

We joined DVC back in November by buying in resale to BLT and are still waiting to close on an SSR contract which is taking forever. Half of our owners live in Baton Rouge, and the other half are in New Orleans. I'm so looking forward to our first stay as owners coming up in just 9 short days! So close..... And yet so far!!!

ninjagirl said:
I think Isaac put Braithwaite on many, many of maps!

We joined DVC back in November by buying in resale to BLT and are still waiting to close on an SSR contract which is taking forever. Half of our owners live in Baton Rouge, and the other half are in New Orleans. I'm so looking forward to our first stay as owners coming up in just 9 short days! So close..... And yet so far!!!

Only 103 short days left for me...I bet that makes you feel better about your 9 days! :) Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

~ Laura

We just got home yesterday from being at Disney for nine days! Seems like most of Louisiana. Was there! We had a great time...but it was very very very crowded!!! Friends of mine had to change resorts because of the Argentina girls that were there...pushing, shoving, knocking over their food trays at the food court...taking their cloths off to swim!!! They were leaving and Disney didn't want them to so they moved them from Pop Century to Caribbean Beach and gave them comp tickets for their next trip! There were a lot of big groups like that this time, you usually see some but there were a lot of them...
Who else from these boards was there and what did you think about the crowds?

We just got home yesterday from being at Disney for nine days! Seems like most of Louisiana. Was there! We had a great time...but it was very very very crowded!!! Friends of mine had to change resorts because of the Argentina girls that were there...pushing, shoving, knocking over their food trays at the food court...taking their cloths off to swim!!! They were leaving and Disney didn't want them to so they moved them from Pop Century to Caribbean Beach and gave them comp tickets for their next trip! There were a lot of big groups like that this time, you usually see some but there were a lot of them...
Who else from these boards was there and what did you think about the crowds?

We were there Mardi Gras week and you are right, there were many Argentina groups there. I think the Louisiana people had them beat, lots of people sporting their LSU, Saints, and Mardi Gras shirts.

We are from the westbank of New Orleans, but we now live on the Northshore, Pearl River (about 20 years now)
We go to Disney about 3 times a year since we are owners at BLT & BWV.:thumbsup2

Just discovered this thread! We have owned our DVC for 2 years now and LOVE it! We live in Terrytown(Gretna), LA and our home resort is BWV. We're leaving tomorrow morning for a long weekend at BLT.:cool1:

TigerKat said:
Just discovered this thread! We have owned our DVC for 2 years now and LOVE it! We live in Terrytown(Gretna), LA and our home resort is BWV. We're leaving tomorrow morning for a long weekend at BLT.:cool1:

I'm so jealous!! Still have 80 days until our first trip at Kidani!! Hope you have a wonderful time!

~ Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter