LOTS and LOTS of questions!!

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by engle, Oct 1, 2007.

1. engle

engle DIS Veteran

Well, DH (35), myself (39) and another couple (40) will be heading to DLP in August 2009. I have tons of questions and hope I can get some short/quick answers so that I can solidify my decision to go...here we go, appreciate the help!!

1. What to expect weather and crowd wise at this time?
    2. Can I get around easily without a car like at WDW?
    3. How many days should I plan...we will want to see it all!!
    4. Can I get to other Paris sights easily without a car?
    5. If I can't stay at DL Hotel, which resort should I choose next for location, amenities, etc?
    6. Is there an unofficial guide to DLP??

:confused3

As much as I know about WDW, wow, I sure know NOTHING about DLP!!

2. SandraVB79

SandraVB79 <font color=deeppink> I am a Jungle Cruise skipper

I answered in the quote :)

3. obscure

obscure Mouseketeer

1. What to expect weather and crowd wise at this time?
    the unexpected :) European summer was odd this year!

2. Can I get around easily without a car like at WDW?
    I dont think you can take cars into the site and from what i've heard it can be a walk from the carparks...

3. How many days should I plan...we will want to see it all!!
    Sorry can't help with this one! We've got 5 days when we go so we are not rushed and can enjoy it (go on weds!)

4. Can I get to other Paris sights easily without a car?
    I travelled with DH from Paris - DLP for the day 4 years ago in the summer and it was dead, dead easy! Everything in paris is easy on the trains / metros :)

5. If I can't stay at DL Hotel, which resort should I choose next for location, amenities, etc?
    We're staying at the L'Elysee hotel which I've read good reports about - one RER stop away from DLP (but there is a free shuttlebus too) and right by the big shopping centre val d'europe.

6. Is there an unofficial guide to DLP??
    This place has been great but I also bought the brits guide to DLP which has been a great read - I believe there is a new one due in March so I'd wait for that if you're not going for a while as it should cover more of the new stuff!

:) Sadie

4. engle

engle DIS Veteran

My DVC guide says that July 13 - Sept 1 is Value Season. That is why I wondered about the crowds...hmmmm..if it is still summer vacation then, I wonder why it is Value Season??