Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by quandrea, May 17, 2013.
Put in another offer, full asking two minutes before tts opened. Someone beat me to it again.
Log in or Sign up to hide this adverts.
Keep at it, you will get one.
Don't lose patience, I have put an offer on at least 6-7 and 30 min later got called that other associate sold for full asking price. Does not mean that you should offer full asking price next time or stop looking at or stop making an offer. I have successfully made a dozen offers, accepted by the seller, waiting for ROFR, closing, or points to be loaded. These high asking price does not mean you can not make an offer, offer what ever you feel like reasonable, there is plenty of info available in this forum on price for each resort.
So do you think I can offer below asking in this Market? Found another AKL for $69 per point, 9 banked, points going forward.
I personally went with a full price offer, but it was a good contract for us. Go with your gut!
Absolutely. I always offer less than asking... How much depends on the starting point and if you ask for seller to pay closing or mf.
I closed on 100 point AKV contract in March. It was listed at $69 and we paid $66. Good luck!
nice, I am looking for a smaller AKV....maybe the force keep me patient!
Do you pay MSRP for car? You have to negotiate if you want best price, certainly some people out bid me with full asking price but still I would not offer a full asking price.
Not trying to scare you - really it is just the resale market right now mostly BWV and OKW is getting hammered! I will still go through resale vs. direct!
I went through rofr twice and Disney scooped them up. Still looking
We lost our first BWV contract to Disney. And I thought it was going to be a long and frustrating process. Then our second contract did pass through the ROFR process.
There was quite a difference between the two contracts. The first contract, we lost, was fully loaded, with banked points and ready for an immediate closing. It was for 150 BWV June use year at $68 pp. This was back in mid March. Just too good for Disney to pass on.
The second contract, that passed, can't close until 12/13 and has no points until 2/14. It is two linked contracts for BWV, 169 and 50, Feb use year at $70 pp. I'm not sure Disney gets into the extended closing contracts. I may be wrong. Perhaps it was the lack of current points AND the 12/13 closing that made it pass through.
I know it's obvious but still worth noting: If the contract is neat and tidy and looks like a good deal then Disney will likely take it (not always as data shows but likely). So perhaps those with few if no current points are worth looking at. At the end of the day it's all still a pay and pray situation. I was not convinced our second attempt would pass. But maybe that just adds to the excitement?
Best of luck to those in the ROFR process.
Dave, looking at two you tried, first one was too good to pass for disney, second you are right has no extra value for disney at this point, I just put one for ROFR BWV loaded and praying no one in waiting list waiting for my contract to be picked by disney.
Good luck with that one. Those nice loaded ones do pass through.
Yes, for anyone seeking instant gratification, my contract at first glance looks meh. But it fits our travel schedule as my wife (accountant) wouldn't travel until, the earliest, 4/2014. Would I have loved a loaded one? Sure. We'd then have points to rent or bank.
So much of it is timing. That's why I would say you absolutely have a chance. I was two months ago presenting to Disney that first contract. And you just never know whether the Disney ROFR algorithm will light up the red light or green.
One major factor playing a current role in the Resale market is the season. The weather is warming up and everyone has VACATION on their mind. I bought all of my resale contracts in the Fall and always found fully loaded contracts for low prices. In the Fall, most people have blown most of their money traveling over the summer and now have little cash. As a result, the resale market slows down and people have difficulty selling their contracts. Next, the prices start to decrease to help motivate sells. Sellers and their listing agents are desperate to sell and will take less money to make that happen.
Plus I think sometimes folks buy with any tax returns they might get...that's what we did.
Good point.. i noticed a lot of really good prices this past fall that just sat.
Separate names with a comma.