Lost Payment

candielips

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever had disney lose their payment?

We couriered our final payment about 2 wks before it was due. We used Purolator overnight service and it was recieved on July 7. My cousin also mailed her payment with ours so we could split the crazy $36 fee!!!! We clearly marked our envelopes with our reservation numbers, as well as each of our money orders and made a note explaining that their were 2 separate payments for 2 separate accounts.

My cousin received an email on July 8 confirming her payment. I have called several times and they still have nothing for me. I called my bank and confirmed that the money order has not been cashed.

So, has anyone had this happen to them? I am now past due and stressed right out. I am calling tomorrow morning to talk to accounting but really worried about what I am supposed to do.

Oh my god - no. I hope they straigthen this out for you in a hurry... I didn't think anyone would think to send payments anymore. Can you cancel the money order?

Was a credit card or travel agent not an option?

You can request a refund on a money order as long as it has not been cashed. You will have to go to the bank you got it from and fill out a form. This may take some time, around 7-10 days. If you were to go this route, I'd get it done asap and tell Disney what you're doing. Then I'd likely Fedex the new payment overnight.

Do you have proof of delivery from Purolator? Did they get a signature?

Do you have proof of delivery from Purolator? Did they get a signature?

Yes I do. I have the date and time it was delivered and who signed for it. But for some reason it is nowhere to be found over there.

The reason I mail my payment is because I was paying for it from my US account. I put little amounts in the US account all year and then I don't even notice that I have suddenly paid for our entire trip.

I was hoping on here might have had the same thing happen to them. I wonder if I should ask on a higher traffic forum? I thought I'd check with my fellow canucks first.

I am dealing with someone from guest relations now and she is calling me back tomorrow and can hopefully tell me something. I guess accounting is dealing with their bank on it. She assures me that my reservation will not be canceled but it still does not alleviate any of this stress.

If Disney still can't locate it, just do what Shir Kahn said. Sorry for all the stress you've been through. Vacations are not supposed to make your life harder.:flower3:

Yes there is. After a week of waiting from some word from Disney, they finally told me that they could not find it all, so I had to cancel it and have it re-issued.
So, I am now just waiting for it to arrive. Which should be anyday now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter