lost DVC membership card

mommary

DIS Veteran
I realized today that I have lost my DVC card.
I am leaving in 10 days for my trip and I need it to pick up my MNSSHP tickets. MS said that it would take 4-6 weeks to get a new card. She put a request in for me but suggested I go to Saratoga Springs to the preview center to get a new one.
Has anyone gone through this before? Will it really take 4-6 weeks for new card to come? I know SS is near DTD but will it be a hassle to get a card?
Thanks in advance.

Member ID's are printed by a outside contractor in batches so there can be a wait until the minimum number of cards are ordered.

Getting a card at the SSR sales center is no big deal. Check with the DVD ASA (DVC sales desk) at your resort to see if they will give you a ride to SSR.

:earsboy: Bill

Disney does not print the cards internally. The data is periodically shipped to an outside vendor who prints and mails the cards.

You COULD get a card in time but unless your request for a replacement was submitted immediately prior to a print cycle, it will probably take longer.

If you arrange to have a temporary card pre-printed for collection at Saratoga Springs, it should be waiting for you at the desk. Take a bus from one of the theme parks to SSR and get off at The Springs stop. The preview center is right across the road.

It is not a temporary card. They print a hard plastic card at Saratoga Springs Resort Preview Center.

On our last trip, I had lost my card. We rode over to SSR from OKW via Downtown Disney. Went into the Preview Center they printed out a brand new card for me.

This trip was this past June.

I would just go there. They just need any ID.

Thanks everyone!
I got the preview center # and I will call them tomorrow to see about having it waiting for me next week.

A couple of weeks before our trip the first week of August, I realizede that I couldn't find my card, either. I called to request another and was told 4-6 weeks. We had a rental car, so I stopped at SSR and the whole stop was literally under 5 minutes - it was painless and quick. And....I'm still waiting for the replacement card that was ordered over the phone!

When we bought BLT 3 years ago, they printed up 2 members cards on the spot for us. They are exactly the same as the ones that came in the mail a few weeks later. Drop into the preview center and they will give you new ones.

The cards only take minutes to print up at SSR. It shouldn't take you long to head there and get new ones :)

Just an FYI, DH was able to pick up his "temp" DVC ID at the visitor center at Disneyland (behind the DL Hotel) as well.

A few weeks later, a permanent card came in the mail, new logo. This was last month.

Here's a picture of it. Well, half of it.
newdvccard_zps326e95d3.jpg

I had this same problem two werks ago only it took until we were actually on property for me to realize it. I actually had a new card printed out at AKL where we were staying and saved a trip all the way to Saratoga Springs. Member services also said I could print one at BLT which is our home resort so I would suggest asking at your resorts dvc desk first and save yourself some time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter