Losing weight for my first Disney Cruise!

I"m taking my first Disney cruise in 123 days! What are you doing to lose weight? As per the other thread, I'm doing Chalene Extreme from Beachbody, which is a 12-week weight/toning workout and it is great!! I highly recommend it. What about you?

Plus, monthly weight loss and exercise challenges. I find it very motivating. The thing that has helped me most, though, is MyFitnessPal.com. And of course, eating less and exercising more. I'm trying to hit my goal of 90 lbs lost by my Dec cruise on the Fantasy. So far, I'm on track.

Good luck to you!

I have been doing myfitnesspal to count calories and exercising at the y. So far I have lost 4 lbs. Hoping for a steady 2 lbs a week. I would like to lose about 85-90 lbs. We cruise February 26th of next year. I am super excited!:cool1:

:welcome: to WISH!! i don't think we have a cruise specific group started..but feel free to do so!! i know i'm trying to lose for our July cruise!

Add me to the group! I'm trying to lose some before our cruise this summer. I'm also on MFP if you want to friend me there as well...same user name, DrLauraFSU.

We are doing the 12 day Med cruise to Greece in July. So really hot and way too soon!! I'm doing Les Mills Combat (also from BB) plus starting c210k. Doing the Peachtree Road Race (10k) on July 4th and the Tower of Terror 10 miler in Oct at WDW.

I am trying to loose weight for out October 12, 2013 western carib cruise on the Fantasy. I would like to loose somewhere in the ballpark of 25 lbs upwards of 30lbs. My husband and I are going to start trying for a baby while away at sea (hehe) and I really want to be down to my ideal weight before this happens. Plus, the photos of me at that ideal weight and happily cruising with the mouse will be major motivation to get BACK to that shape after we do have a baby. He is a lifter and can gain and loose as he pleases :sad2: lucky *******. I have a very hard time losing weight and have been discouraged through p90x, insanity, and many other routines as they have not netted the results I am looking for (and believe me, the results I am looking for are not unrealistic). I eat very well normally and work out normally (although I slack terribly when I do get discouraged... the past 6 months for sure). I have an eating disorder (although no longer what I call "practicing") and that messed up my metabolism royally. All of this aong with TERRIBLE family genes. Anyway, I am making it a point to not let ANY of those things be a crutch or an excuse and I have GOT to do this for ME!... and to look cute in my vacay pics :thumbsup2 Good luck all!

PS...
I am going to look up and see if/what workout classes are offered onboard the Fantasy. Anyone have any insight?

Wow! See some familiar faces on here!

First! Congrats on choosing cruising! We took our third last fall for our 20th anniversary...Amazing! We have done 10 day Med, 8 day Mexican Riviera and Eastern Caribbean...all at amazing deals or we could not have afforded it! :)

They have wonderful fitness classes but I liked being on my own time...I would get up early and go to the gym to do treadmill at 6am...usually the first in there every morning, never got full but loved taking showers in their changing area...big open tiled showers and you can use their robes...such a nice bonus! Also on one of the decks they have a walking track, I would walk that if it was too rocky to manage treadmill.

All of your weight loss goals are doable! i am down 70 pounds since last year, going for my last 40-50 by September 6th...we are taking advantage of free dining but if the Fantasy offers a better deal for our family of five, we will jump on it...right now it is costing us 4k for a family of five for 8 days at WDW, but it has been 8 years since doing the world so we really want to ride the rides!

I want to hear more about y'alls workouts, just finishing Jillian's 30 day shred and need somewhere to go next...that 12 week thing sounds super!

Went back up a few and then back down. Sitting at 5.2 lbs lost. I have been doing the y 5 days a week. Power lift 3 x a week. Yoga twice a week. Spin once a week and step once a week. That is in the morning. I am also trying to do one mile in the evenings 3-4 times a week. This morning I did a 12:33 mile on the mill and that was with walking breaks! Jazzed about that. My current goal is 5 lbs every four weeks until my bday which should give me 30 lbs lost by September 13th.

Went back up a few and then back down. Sitting at 5.2 lbs lost. I have been doing the y 5 days a week. Power lift 3 x a week. Yoga twice a week. Spin once a week and step once a week. That is in the morning. I am also trying to do one mile in the evenings 3-4 times a week. This morning I did a 12:33 mile on the mill and that was with walking breaks! Jazzed about that. My current goal is 5 lbs every four weeks until my bday which should give me 30 lbs lost by September 13th.

Yes! You can do that and then some! My birthday is the same day, I have irish twins who Irish dance and am shooting for 45 pounds gone by then! I need to add yoga for sure! I am shooting for 10 pounds everythirty days....you have a great and active plan!

Hi all! I'm also cruising in September & have a have a goal to lose 30-40 pounds but I'll be happy to lose at least 20!

I had the option of gaining extra credit in my health class by keeping a journal of my food and exercise intake. I started off at 198 jan 2013, by march I was down to 191.5.

3/2013 decided to take boot camp classes & continue talking zumba classes at the gym.

4/2013 no change to my weight still 191.5

5/13/13 decided to jump start/get off this plateau
I did a one day juice fast (white grape, apple juice, water & chicken broth)
Following 2 days, food rich in water (cantaloupe, strawberrys, banana for lunch, apples, mango & raw salad for dinner
Day 4/5 I brought back meat. But I left out all carbs, & dairy. Examples of breakfast was cantaloupe, spinach & eggs. Lots of greens & water

Day 6 weighed myself before bed & I weighed 185.5!!!

Didn't feel hungry, I had a slight headache because I hadn't drank coffee.

& it was noticeable! I finally was able to fit in my pre pregnancy pants (my DS is 2.7 years old) as you can tell I've taken my time to lose weight.

Today I measured myself & lost 6.5 inches throughout!

Last week I was overwhelmed with work so my eating schedule was a bit off.

This week I'm trying Dr, OZ 3 day cleanse. Nothing but blended fruit & veggies.

Just trying new things in order not to plateau again ;)

Glad to be on this forum :)

My cruise is in 7 weeks! I have already lost 2 sizes since March 1st. Started at size 16 and now buying pants in size 12. My goal is be cruise-ready in a size 10. I'll be happy with that and then after the cruise I will lose more. I am doing 3 days of weight lifting (doing Chalene Extreme from Beachbody) and 4 days of cardio but I'm really watching my diet and trying to eat well. I bought a really cute bathing suit for the cruise that looks great on me.

My cruise is in 7 weeks! I have already lost 2 sizes since March 1st. Started at size 16 and now buying pants in size 12. My goal is be cruise-ready in a size 10. I'll be happy with that and then after the cruise I will lose more. I am doing 3 days of weight lifting (doing Chalene Extreme from Beachbody) and 4 days of cardio but I'm really watching my diet and trying to eat well. I bought a really cute bathing suit for the cruise that looks great on me.

That's awesome! Good for you! New clothes motivate me too :)

NY Disney fan said:

Awesome job!

My total weight loss is 11.2 lbs in the last 9 weeks. I am almost down a pants size. I also accomplished a mini goal yesterday. I ran 2.5 miles without stopping. My first running 5k is this weekend. So excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter