Losing my excitement

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by natmom, Aug 8, 2013.

1. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

Right before my first cruise I started reading this board and while I found a lot of good tips, I found myself panicking that I HAD to upgrade, change cabins, change dining rotations, get special markers for autographs, make reservations for something! My daughter was getting excited and she didn't read the boards, so I just stopped worrying about everything. If I missed something I didn't even know about, would it matter?

Just relax, read the post for some ideas and don't worry about the smoking/MDR/adult only areas fights. You probably wouldn't have noticed if you didn't read about it.

Nancy

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disney Canadian

Disney Canadian Mouseketeer

Just outside Ottawa :) Just moved up here from Brantford a little over a year ago so I know Waterloo well :)

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

I'm so glad that I didn't find (or even know about) DISboards, cruise critic, or any of the other forums before our first cruise. I would have become a basket case.

Cruising isn't really that intense. Just relax and enjoy the plans you've made. Anything that you find that you "wish you had done" you can do the next time around.

5. sue8528

sue8528 Earning My Ears

Here is what is funny - I found the DIS after our second cruise and picked up some great tips. Fourth cruise this year and I became a little obsessed; read all posts and learned of the controversies. I went on the cruise in June and when I was on the ship I was having such a good time I didn't notice who was doing what or what they were wearing while they were doing it. And I was really going to pay attention to the slobs in the MDR and the drunks toting their own booze around in glass bottles! Either it was very discreet or not prevalent. All our table mates were like us, dressed nice but not truly formal, on any night. As for the others in the room we did not notice.

6. Slappy32

Slappy32 Mouseketeer

OP - Not a single person on these boards can affect the enjoyment you actually get out of this cruise. Most of the stuff talked about on these boards is of such infinitesimal insignificance as to be overblown in the extreme. The actual intolerance of differing viewpoints can be quite shocking at times. Just remeber to enjoy yourself and leave the curmudgeons to their grousing.

7. staley98

staley98 The Mouse makes me feel like a little girl again!

OP- You will love the Fantasy. We sailed on her in June and there is so much to do that you must resign yourself to the fact that you can't do it all, so do what you want and enjoy! However, I must say that we LOVED the Rainforest Room and Palo. We fell asleep and missed the fireworks, but no worries...we'll see them next time! Happy cruising ;)

8. natmom

natmom Mouseketeer

Thanks to everyone who responded! I am excited again. We took our first ever cruise on the dream in May and had an absolutely perfect time (especially with my dd having celiac disease and needing gluten free food). We had such a great time we rebooked for a 7 day fantasy cruise. I'm certain we will have a fabulous time again. Thanks again :yay:

9. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

I so agree with this. I will unsubscribe from a thread when it starts to go bad. i'll give it the benefit of doubt for the first few questionable posts because I could just be reading wrong but once it gets to 'that' point, well, i'm out. and i certainly do not need an email to let me know there's more. as you said, if its not 'productive' any more I figure why bother.
    having said that. there's lots of good information here and lots of wonderful, helpful people. I've been on lots of cruises but i'm still learning from disers. :grouphug:

10. gumbypee

gumbypee DIS Veteran

I was just going to quote ahain's post too. Pop in and read and if it is making me unhappy I leave never to return to that thread again. There is enough happy, pixie dust, smiles, and joy and excitement in other posts!!

11. Aeryn76

Aeryn76 Mouseketeer

I went and bumped the food thread and I found another good thread that had me laughing. It is the funny story one. OMG some of those really cracked me up. :rotfl2:

12. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

No, no, no, no, no!

natmom~ have a FANTASTIC cruise! You will... :dance3:

Bus line video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsvwmQuh3r4

My favorite...part 6 of Dreams show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOAA-NSIdCM

The Fantasy, enjoy your cruise! {Look at those kids wearing shorts!!! 1.19/1.21 mark}
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbGLdZ20b7A

The Crew's music video "Time of Your Life"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmsgsobpenk

"Call Me Maybe" by some fun loving teens
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnkn2tQdt0

Just cruise all the videos on YOUTUBE! You can be looking at them for days! Make your own Magic... :) And read trip reports ;)

:flower3:pixiedust:

13. natmom

natmom Mouseketeer

Children in shorts on a Caribbean disney cruise ! :scared1: thanks for sharing :) I'm excited again!