LOSE BEFORE YOU CRUISE - Support Thread for all Cruisers

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by neenslovesdisney, Dec 4, 2009.

1. heastonfam

heastonfam Earning My Ears

ooh, I'm so glad I found this thread! I've lost 15 lbs since booking our cruise and trying to lose another 10 before we depart (February!). I've been doing Zumba 7 hrs a week and Turbo Kick a couple times a week, it's been great!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Relaxin'

Relaxin' Mouseketeer

Well I am back from the 14 day EBPC. The cruise was excellent. Gained 5lbs. in one day and nothing after that point. Got home Dec. 27, and lost 2lbs by Dec28.

On the cruise, I either ran 3 miles on Deck 4 or walked 3 miles on the hotter or rockier or hang over days. Did boot camp 8 / 14 days on board the ship. Once we got to Florida - ran 3 miles followed by lunges, burpees and squats over a 3 day period. Been to the gym 2/5 days since I have returned. Should be back to 6/7 days starting tomorrow.

I did a body composition test on board the ship, and they told me that I could loss another pound. That was after gaining 5 lbs. Hmmm, my gym is suggesting that I loss another 20 lbs.

My goal for 2013 will be to continue working out 6/7 days a week and recording my food with the intent to eat healthier. I will build my strength and endurance with the intent to be able to run 1/2 marathon in 2013.

4. carolinamom

carolinamom Mouseketeer

Heastonfan- that is great!! Did you pair an eating approach to your workouts? It sounds like you are going to be totally fit for those excursions! (and that swimsuit!)
    We cruise March 30 and my goal is 15 lbs. your success is inspiring!

5. GG954

GG954 happy cruiser

I usually do no carbs for a week or two before the cruise. Get great results but a fair amount of it is "water weight"

6. carolinamom

carolinamom Mouseketeer

To Relaxin'- which ship were you on for your recent trip? I'm curious about your run. It seemed like on the Magic, a 3 miler was a whole lot of laps (9??). I'm wondering how the deck 4 run works out on the other ships (we cruise the fantasy in March). Thanks- and congratulations on your many successes!!! I'd love to hear your story!

7. Relaxin'

Relaxin' Mouseketeer

We were on the Wonder, and yes it is 9 times around the ship. It was exciting to see dolphins and whales (one day) as I ran around. We had a little contest to run 1/2 marathon, full marathon or ultra over the 14 day period, and if you made it, you got a little certificate. I can not remember how many times it is on the Fantasy, but the signs are posted.

It is hard to believe a year ago at this time, I was 60 lbs heavier, working crazy hours, and it took an hour to walk 3 miles. Today, I hit the gym 6 days a week, work approx. 9 hrs a day vs. 12 hrs/day. I love life, and my family and team is much happier, too.

8. carolinamom

carolinamom Mouseketeer

Relaxin- what a fantastic lifestyle change! I have south respect for the 60 lb weight loss. I know that each and every pound lost is a small victory! Way to go!
    I can't imagine how many laps the half and full would require! I would be dizzy!!
    So glad to hear your cruise was a good one! What is next on your cruise agenda?

9. Missypyxi

Missypyxi Mouseketeer

Checking in to report! I have lost 26 pounds now, and I'm 4 away from my February goal! This past Monday I ran my first ever 5k race in 37 minutes, and it was a really challenging one with lots of inclines and gravel and wind, and was 35 degrees out!

Relaxin, you are such an inspiration to me and the others here in this thread!

It's so easy to stick with a healthy lifestyle once its started. For example, yesterday I ran for 4 miles and was able to have wings for lunch and cake after dinner and I was still way under my calorie goal. I know those things aren't very healthy, but honestly I only had 4 wings before I started feeling way too full, and the chocolate cake was sooo tiny and I still felt bleh after I ate it. My body has really adapted to being healthier, and its amazing how it lets me know now when enough is enough.

10. carolinamom

carolinamom Mouseketeer

Missypyxi- WooHoo!!!! Way to go!!!

11. Relaxin'

Relaxin' Mouseketeer

Sounds like you are going to make your February goal, and 37 minutes for your first 5K - excellent time. It is so important to keep with healthy eating and exercise as you are trying to lose weight. Not sure how I am going to handle maintenance. It will be so easy to slowly go off track. I think having mini goals is so important.

12. Relaxin'

Relaxin' Mouseketeer

When you run a marathon over 14 days, it is not too bad. And there is not better scenery then a disney ship to run. Okay, Castaway Cay and WDW are better. But just think, every time you run 3 miles, you burn about 300 calories - what a way to make sure that you do not gain too much on the cruise, and you still can enjoy all the great food.

51 weeks until the Fantasy NYE cruise. Today, I went shopping with DD23 and we were trying on the same clothes. I kept getting the size larger than her, and they just did not look right. We ended up buying the same dress in the same size. Still not sure if the style is appropriate of my age, but we thought it would be fun to wear in the summer, sitting on the deck drinking margaritas (hmmm, margaritas are not part of the healthy life style.)

13. carolinamom

carolinamom Mouseketeer

Entering a fitness challenge today! It's an 8 week program. I'm pretty nervous about the " before" pictures. Wish me luck!

14. Bsb1012

Bsb1012 Earning My Ears

I feel like I'm cheating with you all working so hard to get the weight off. I'm having the gastric sleeve done next week.... not for the cruise, obviously, but hopefully at least 50 pounds will be off by then! :banana:

15. loribee

loribee Earning My Ears

Good luck on your goals. I saw these posts as I was scrolling through and it jumped out at me as it is what I am thinking...lose before teh cruise. I love the idea of doing excercise on the boat. Different scenery and maybe keep up with the calories:)

16. carolinamom

carolinamom Mouseketeer

Loribee- I did some working out on the Magic and it was great! Our upcoming cruise (11 weeks!) is on the Fantasy. I hear that the gym is smaller and it can be tough to get on the equipment :-( I usually work out mid-day anyway, so fingers crossed it won't be too bad!

17. PinkPug

PinkPug Earning My Ears

this moth I weigh 233 lbs.

18. PinkPug

PinkPug Earning My Ears

this moring I weigh 232 lbs:thumbsup2

19. JoeHiking

JoeHiking Earning My Ears

Thanks for the information.

20. PinkPug

PinkPug Earning My Ears

this moring I weigh 231 lbs.:)

21. disneyhoppers

disneyhoppers Earning My Ears

This is my first time posting on this thread. We (mil, fil, dh, dd, ds and myself) are cruising 10/13 dream. My mil, dh and I are all trying to lose weight before our cruise. We weigh in every Monday and if I keep at it, my mil will take me shopping before the cruise!!! I have battled my weight since high school with many female medical problems causing me to gain weight. 6 years ago I had a complete hyst at the age of 27. I am now 33 and heavier than I've ever been. My nurse practioner recomended I check out "The 400 Calorie Fix" book. The basic idea is 4-5 400 calorie meals per day making you burn calories consistently instead of your body guessing how many calories your next meal will be. In three weeks of following this method, I have lost 7.4 lbs!!!:woohoo: It has been soooo easy. Never did I think it would be this easy. Anyway, I'll be checking in here now as well for additional support.

Starting weight (3 weeks ago) = 265.4
    Today's weigh-in = 258
    Total loss = 7.4