LOSE BEFORE YOU CRUISE - Support Thread for all Cruisers

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by neenslovesdisney, Dec 4, 2009.

1. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Yesterday i went to BodyPump for the second time since the accident (car accident early September >whiplash >major backslide in weight loss).
    It wasn't terrible. Although finishing upright was a major accomplishment for me this week.
    Yay!
    Now for a morning run to try to work out all the soreness.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Missypyxi

Missypyxi Mouseketeer

I'm wanting so badly to run today, but last Monday I tore a muscle in my calf and I know it has to heal. Been biking instead and I went 7 miles one day last week -- I was very excited!

Maybe today I'll do yoga and take it easy. I'm feeling like sitting around, and I know I can't do that or I'll fall into a bad pattern again.

Way to go to everyone, though! And you two who are cruising in 8 weeks! You'd better post some pics to keep me going! I have to wait for February!

4. PryncessLace

PryncessLace Mouseketeer

46 days till we cruise and 3lbs to go! Today has not been good...seems everyone brought pastries and doughnuts for breakfast and my willpower today is non existant. 2 doughtnuts & 2 mini croissants :-[

5. cruisecrasher

Ick. But get back into yoga, it's fun!

6. Missypyxi

Missypyxi Mouseketeer

Rode my bike for 5 miles, then did a little yoga in the park. So tired now!

7. cruisecrasher

Yay! I'm super duper tired too. Chewing a ton of gum because that helps keep away my stress eating. The only problem is the fake sugar in gum does a number on my skin. Anyone have other gum recommendations?

8. Relaxin'

Relaxin' Mouseketeer

Made it back to the gym today after being off a week due to a cold. Feeling great, but the sniffles and cough came back.

9. Missypyxi

Missypyxi Mouseketeer

Do you have a trade joes or a whole foods nearby? Both have all-natural gum. It isn't calorie-free, but it doesn't have icky artificial sweeteners, either. :thumbsup2

10. cruisecrasher

We just got one over the summer. I'll have to check it out!

11. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

Can I join in? DH and I have been working on losing weight too. Our cruise isn't for a year so I have plenty of time. Truthfully, we are doing it for health reasons. But I'd like to look great for the cruise. :thumbsup2

We are just counting calories and keeping it pretty simple. We invested in a couple of those FitBit pedometers and I REALLY like it! I was worried it would be a waste but it's pretty awesome.

On the weekends we spend Fri, Sat, and Sun at the parks and just walk our butts off. The biggest downfall is trying to find something healthy since there are no calorie listings.

12. cruisecrasher

No calorie listings where?

And welcome!

13. cruisecrasher

I'm down another pound! Slowly but surely.

And five weeks to the cruise!

14. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

At any of the theme parks. Friday and Sunday we don't eat there since we only spend about half a day. Saturdays we spend all day at one of the parks because we get a good 8 miles of walking done. We usually try to snack on something light because we don't want to leave and come back. Fruit is easy but if we have a turkey sandwich or something, who knows how many calories it is there, lol.

I wish you could get nutrional info for theme parks. But then again, probably not many go there for the exercise. :rotfl: So we have to guess at it. So far it's been working well.

15. cruisecrasher

Hmmm. Well so long as its working for you!
    The main problem I had eating on my first cruise was there with sodium in everything and I wasn't drinking enough water so I felt icky after a day or so. I imagine its the same way with the parks. Even if you're trying to pick good.
    It's so neat y'all can walk in the parks, though!

16. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

Yep. I had to change my weigh in day to mid week because we always gain a bit after the weekend. I think it's due to all the walking in the sun and not enough water. Though we try to drink as much as possible. I can walk some serious miles now when I used to not be able to lol.

17. cruisecrasher

Out for a jog! I've noticed I only lose over days I work out a lot if I drink a ton of water.

18. Missypyxi

Missypyxi Mouseketeer

I actually stopped weighing myself and now I just take measurements. The weight is not coming off and it really frustrates me, but my waist and hips are getting smaller inch by inch! So, I'll stick to exercise, drinking lots of water, and my low cal diet.

Speaking of which, is anyone using the My Fitness Pal app for calorie and exercise tracking? I could use a friend or two more on there :)

19. cruisecrasher

I use "Lose It!"

20. PryncessLace

PryncessLace Mouseketeer

I do! I haven't been on much lately, but I'm trying to get back to using it on a regular basis. LaceyNicole444 is my username :-)

21. Relaxin'

Relaxin' Mouseketeer

Ran my first 10K race today. Did it in 75 minutes. I was striving for 70 minutes, but there were a couple of hills in the last 5K that got to my hips. I feel great! My dream of running a Disney half or full marathon is starting to become reality. I think I will adjust my work outs and training in 2013 to meet this goal. I should have attained a healthier weight which will help me make it.