Looks like the Perfect Storm re: BWV parking for our trip starting this weekend!

perdidobay

<font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon
I'm really starting to worry we will have to either park across the street behind the Hess station, or cough up the money for valet parking everyday next week. In part due to construction equipment and crew taking up a good bit of the lot in front of the villas side of the Boardwalk, the Gartner Convention going on next week, and the Food and Wine crowd that will try to park in the Boardwalk Inn lot, not to mention people who want to eat and hang out at the Boardwalk. I love the Boardwalk villas and going to WDW this time of year but the parking situation here gets worse every year. *sigh*

Someone posted last weekend that they are limiting BW self parking to hotel guests and those with dining reservations. I've been there before for Food & Wine. I remember we went over to the Beach Club to pickup friends to go to Downtown Disney. They did not want to let me in! I had a BW parking permit, why would I park at BC? I just wanted to pickup my friends! They kept saying "you can't park". I don't want to park! Finally they let me in.

This is not our first time going this time of year, and with the Gartner Expo and Food&Wine going on, and at times it's been hard to find a spot in the hotel guest lot, even with security restricting access. This year on top of that is the construction equipment taking up part of what little there is to the left of the drive to the entrance. In years past we weren't allowed to park in the area to the right of the bus stop.

I would probably be nervous if I were you. The construction has taken up a huge chunk of the villas parking lot. There are still a few spots right up front by the handicapped area, and a big section in the back past the guard shack available for members to park in. Everything in between is taken up by the (empty) valet parking lot and the construction area.

On the two weekends we were there, all of the free parking spots in the villa parking lot were full - all the way out to the road.

We only moved our vehicle once during our 8 night stay last week. Didn't want to end up in the parking lot across the street or in valet parking.

I would probably be nervous if I were you. The construction has taken up a huge chunk of the villas parking lot. There are still a few spots right up front by the handicapped area, and a big section in the back past the guard shack available for members to park in. Everything in between is taken up by the (empty) valet parking lot and the construction area.

On the two weekends we were there, all of the free parking spots in the villa parking lot were full - all the way out to the road.

We only moved our vehicle once during our 8 night stay last week. Didn't want to end up in the parking lot across the street or in valet parking.

We will try to use our car as little as possible, thankfully we spend most of our time at Epcot and the Studios. We will still be driving over to Wilderness Lodge and the Polynesian to eat. Since we have the tables in wonderland card and can valet for free (except for tipping of course), I wonder would we be able to use the valet stub on our return to BWV.

We learned our lesson the one year we stayed there during the Garnter expo. The whole area is just insane at that time. We love the Swan/Dolphin restaurants, and had no trouble booking them at 180 days, but they're overflowing with conventioneers that week (and their reservation folks called us several times the week before our trip to try to get us to give up our reservations). The ESPN club is also way more packed than usual - only time Ive ever seen it full for lunch on a weekday. Fortunately, we have enough flexibility regarding the week we go in October that we can schedule our trip the week before or week after.

As a bwv owner and someone who stays there during food and wine, I feel for you. Please post back how it turns out. We were just a bwv last week and did manage to park in the villa lot the entire 4 days, though some days we were all the way by the guard shack. We arrive in 3 weeks and was thrilled to know we missed the Gartner convention this year. But am sorry you got them.

We will try to use our car as little as possible, thankfully we spend most of our time at Epcot and the Studios. We will still be driving over to Wilderness Lodge and the Polynesian to eat. Since we have the tables in wonderland card and can valet for free (except for tipping of course), I wonder would we be able to use the valet stub on our return to BWV.
No, you can't use TIW to valet park at the BW. You have to show a receipt for a TS meal at that resort in order to get the free valet parking. Plus you are limited to three hours.

No, you can't use TIW to valet park at the BW. You have to show a receipt for a TS meal at that resort in order to get the free valet parking. Plus you are limited to three hours.

Good to know, thanks. Guess if parking gets really bad we will cough up the money for valet at BW. It's sad though, that this resort has constantly had problems with parking and yet does nothing to make it better for guests staying there. I wish they'd run a shuttle at busy times like this from the overflow lot beside the Hess station at the very least.

Do you happen to know if we do pay for valet at BW, if it's good that day for all other valet parking at other resorts/Disney Springs? For more than 3 hours? Say we go to our dinner at the Poly and then head over to MK for a few hours. Would that be kosher?

Do you happen to know if we do pay for valet at BW, if it's good that day for all other valet parking at other resorts/Disney Springs? For more than 3 hours? Say we go to our dinner at the Poly and then head over to MK for a few hours. Would that be kosher?

Yes, if you pay for it for the day you will be able to valet at the resorts. Not sure though if this includes DS.

Laura

Actually, at every resort where I have Valet Parked with the TIW promo I have had to show my receipt and the free parking was only good for three hours. Otherwise, you're paying for it.

What is the construction at the Villas that is taking up space in the parking lot? Is it the ongoing refurb?

What is the construction at the Villas that is taking up space in the parking lot? Is it the ongoing refurb?

There is equipment and storage containers taking up most of the lot. It is fenced up. Also many of the construction workers are parking there too. We were there 2 weeks ago and saw it first hand. This is all for the refurbishment of the villas that are about half way done. Due to be complete spring 2016.

Hello all!
We are here right now and i after 16 years have posted quite a few tidbits about BWV since we arrived Yesterday...feel free to search for my situation with the construction and noise.
As for the parking...they are only letting resort guests in on the resort side. The entire parking lot near Tennis courts is construction /valet parking plus handicap....there are signs posted at gate stating resort guests only
They are sending everyone else to Self parking gas station side lot...there is an attendant. We golfed at wee hours this morning and came back but we are not moving that car. The situation here on all levels is quite an experience.

I am still here after arriving Saturday at 3pm. We went ahead and valet parked since the lot was full all the way back to the street. We moved our car to the guest lot at 10pm, lot was still full so we had to park right by the road. We didn't move our car again till driving to AK today. We valet parked when we got back this afternoon. Its a mess, and costruction work and noise is a problem. We got a renovated Boardwalk view room and it is just beautiful. We got lucky and got a call at 2:30 pm on Saturday our room was ready.Great view too!
i am putting it all in perspective though, as two hours ago I found out my cousin who was 4 years younger than me just passed away. A great reminder to not sweat the small stuff.

I am still here after arriving Saturday at 3pm. We went ahead and valet parked since the lot was full all the way back to the street. We moved our car to the guest lot at 10pm, lot was still full so we had to park right by the road. We didn't move our car again till driving to AK today. We valet parked when we got back this afternoon. Its a mess, and costruction work and noise is a problem. We got a renovated Boardwalk view room and it is just beautiful. We got lucky and got a call at 2:30 pm on Saturday our room was ready.Great view too!
i am putting it all in perspective though, as two hours ago I found out my cousin who was 4 years younger than me just passed away. A great reminder to not sweat the small stuff.

perdidpbay, can I ask on what floor your BW view room is located? We are arriving a week from today and the only BW view HA one bedroom is on 2nd floor. Someone recently posted that the second floor (lobby level) BW view hallway was closed for construction. I am worried about where we will be sent if the one room (2049) that we need is not ready.

perdidobay, have you noticed whether the BW view hallway on second floor (straight ahead when you get off the elevator on lobby level) is closed?

Is the Gartner convention still going on? Can't remember the dates. That stinks that you have to valet park. Not sure how my husband will handle it if he can't find a place to park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!