Looking to book VGT...use a TA or not?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MamaToDavis, Jun 4, 2013.

1. MamaToDavis

MamaToDavis Mouseketeer

We are hoping to book a VGT rate for the 9/14/13 sailing on the Fantasy. This date is firm due to our kids' fall break. From what I understand, these rates are not guaranteed to be offered, but it's likely due to the time of year. So we are really crossing our fingers we can get one.

My question is...should I get in touch with a TA to help us book this or are we better off booking on our own? I know that once you see it you have to jump on it because these rates disappear quickly. I realize that some agencies offer an OBC, but are there any other incentives I'm missing?

Thanks so much!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Of course - get a TA as you'll get the additional OBC.

But you need to make sure you get a TA you can get in touch with quickly as they do disappear quickly, specially IGT and OGT. VGT are the last ones to go.

Of course, realize that it only works for families of up to 4. AFAIK, *GT rates were never offered for 5 in a room.

4. gunka

gunka DIS Veteran

As long as your paying attention you can book on your own. A TA might be able to catch the VGT (Not sure) as well as offer some type of promotion - like an OBC. I use Costco for the Cash Card when I return. But I do all the research on my own.

5. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

I would not wait on a TA to do the work - I would however have a TA on call ready to jump on an offer.

Both my cruises were done this way with AAA. First one was actually booked for November, then when we saw *GT rates for August, we jumped on them. Of course my TA was on vacation that day, but the office manager did the switch. Second was a KSF rate and on the last date of online booking OBC.

6. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I've used a TA to book VGT rates twice now and its worked perfectly. Got a nice OBC for doing it too.

7. MattMatts-Momma

MattMatts-Momma 311 Miles from the Wilderness Lodge!!

If you don't mind me asking....who did you use?

I had this exact same question OP, thanks for asking.

8. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Used Tracey Heinrichs at Dreams Unlimited (the sponsors of these boards).

9. MamaToDavis

MamaToDavis Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies. I think I will contact a TA in order to cash in on an OBC deal if one is being offered. :)

10. MattMatts-Momma

MattMatts-Momma 311 Miles from the Wilderness Lodge!!

Thank you, I will try and contact her.

11. braysmommy

braysmommy DIS Veteran

I also used a TA for our last cruise which we switched to a VGT she replied promptly and it was taken care of within the hour. I like that she also has a phone number where I can reach her.